Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• tl;dr but I bet there's lots of thinly veiled xenophobia in this thread!

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    Thank you for being honest and telling the truth. We're a sceptical bunch here but maybe that's because we've seen the effects of unsustainable pricing? Either way I owe you an apology for doubting you as does everyone else so I'm sorry.

Hey no worries, I did what I thought was necessary. By looking at some old threads I can see now why you are being so paranoid about low/annual prices and I think it justifies it to a certain degree.

I will certainly remember to give you updates on UniWebHosting periodically and say how is it going. I'm quite confident they are ok, but with hostings you can never be too sure, so I still cross my toes secretly under the table. :)

Apology accepted. :)

Thanked by 1waya
  • There's no way this mail was real. Did the hetzner staff confirm the content of the email to be right or did he just confirm that he sent an email?

• AICAIC Member
    edited March 2015

I think i have to go to sleep now. read a complete book of 10 pages. Crazy world.

I do agree with > @spiritfly said:

Do comment but don't spoil the image of the company. ;)

• @tr1cky said:
    There's no way this mail was real. Did the hetzner staff confirm the content of the email to be right or did he just confirm that he sent an email?

If you read the thread it was confirmed by Lee.

@Lee said:
    Just to confirm I have had a reply from the person who sent the email and he confirms he did indeed send it.

I have also removed all the screenshot links of the email at the request of Hetzner.

• LeeLee Veteran

The Hetzner Sales Manager confirmed he both wrote and sent it.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

My account still has not been fixed. :(

• jacobherejacobhere Member
    edited March 2015

You mentioned it fixed in 25 min? I got the same issue and they fixed in 1 day.

@4n0nx said:
    My account still has not been fixed. :(

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited March 2015

jacobhere said: You mentioned it fixed in 25 min? I got the same issue and they fixed in 1 day.

Yes it was fixed, the next day I received an invoice reminder and my server was gone from the panel. I thought I had mentioned this ITT. o.o I opened a ticket and 3 hours later received the response "in progress", but nothing happened so far (4 days after ticket).

Either way, my server is still up so I guess I am not in a hurry. It's just that I wanted to order more services (.co domains), but I'd rather not until my account is fixed...

• They still haven't added my server back yet either.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@zhable said:
    They still haven't added my server back yet either.

Mine also, asked them yesterday about the issue.

• FalzoFalzo Member

my whole rented server disappeared last night. login credentials for hetzner robot aren't working anymore nor do I get any other access to that dedicated...

just filed in a ticket, lets see what happens next ;-)

• zhablezhable Member
    edited March 2015

My server is still up in robot and panel. @Falzo how long have you had your server? (This is my second month with them so far)

• FalzoFalzo Member

nearly three month by now. support responded, that he's going to check HW right now... I am in suspense how this will work out ;-)

tbh I don't think this will be a 'simple' issue with the server itself like hardware-related or anything like that, why should it disappear from hetzner's panel at all, where you have access to rescue tools and such... to me loosing access to the robot seems to be a very bad indicator at all.

I won't be early in stating or questioning anything, as I tried to stay somewhat objective in the whole thread - but I've to admit that we advance @Nyr's first suspicion with great strides...

no offense or complain intended so far, just keeping it up2date as promised ;-)

Thanked by 2Amitz Lee
  • wonder if @Mgsps or @uniweb have any comments about why this happend? Hopefully it works out for you @Falzo (if not, time to prep a new server and a chargeback!)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited March 2015

so far nothing new on this, as far as I can tell there is a server running on the IP formerly assigned to the server I used, even ssh is listening - not on the port I moved it to and no login possible as one could guess.

I asked for a (partial) refund now, payment has been done via 2CO through paypal with cc, so far never needed to do any chargebacks, may now have a first look into this ;-)

• FalzoFalzo Member

ok, just while writing here, I got new login credentials to hetzner robot, which give access again to my server... support responded that it had been a problem with disk i/o, so now I may have my own look into this.

strange thing, that robot access disappeared same time as hardware issues are coming up. as its becoming late here, I'll update tomorrow ;-)

• FalzoFalzo Member

as it's "tomorrow" now around here ;-), I can tell that I can't see any hardware-related issues, smartctl is showing no errors nor reallocated sectors.
    both harddisks had been up for ~2500 hours, which is somewhat 100 days and may fit nearly the time since I ordered - doesn't look like anything has changed on this.

from logfiles I can tell that the server has been reinstalled to a fresh centos (I prefer debian) on march 18th around 18:00 CET - which is long before I noticed something is wrong... that for sure wiped out my data.

I am again wondering what happened - if I had to make guess, I'd suppose that they messed up their database of customers/services (which has been mentioned earlier) and probably they lost track and therefore accidentically reinstalled that service/revoked the robot access...

as it has been a playground to test virtualization-setups and a place for some backups I am easily able to get over the data loss - but it doesn't add trustworthiness in the reliability of the service overall.

at least I am back with what I paid for, lets go up for the next episode in this ;-)

• DanyDany Member
    edited March 2015

i am their new user, so for so good, i took their dedi offer, got hetzner robot user name and pass info, centos6.6 is at the moment running, all looks good .....to be honest, i still didn't have much time to play with the server, but i will go with setting up the server after Tuesday, when i get back at home.

• Hi all.
    I'm from Serbia, and I have a fresh experience with uni.
    I've paid for web hosting on tuesday, and untill this evening a had no word from them.
    Before I paid, I asked them how much time it takes for my hosting to be operative, and they replied: couple of hours.
    In this past days I've tried to contact them many times -email, live support, telephone - but no reply. Than finally this evening I've tried live support from different ip, and they come back. Like, it will be ok in half an hour.
    The situation is now that in user panel it looks like my hosting is active, but I can't use it. When I click on control panel, it leads to a page that doesn't exist.
    So, my exeprience is very, very bad with them. Been reading some Serbian forums, and I've found a lot of bad marks on them...

• Just to report here that my dedicated is still alive and well and my robot panel from hetzner was never down for me. The offer state 3 ip addresses, so I asked for my second ip today because I needed it now. I'm still waiting and I believe I will get it, but not sure when. They do respond and solve issues, but they seem a bit slow about it.

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

My account still has not been fixed. Server and robot panel working. Support keeps saying they are working on it but then nothing happens.

• @4n0nx said:
    My account still has not been fixed. Server and robot panel working. Support keeps saying they are working on it but then nothing happens.

Same here :-) Is it the end of a drama :-)?

• Finally my server is down after 3 months, robot panel and uniweb account is also not working :))

• FalzoFalzo Member

mine is still there, after the incident described above.
    support told me that it has happened to be failing harddisks and that hetzner replaced the whole server and attached same IPs afterwards.

my client account with uni-web also had dissapeared some time ago, I just did a new signup and than opened a ticket, as some others did here too. so far that account is working for me, but does not show my service or invoice (which doesn't bother me a lot, as far as the server and robot are working ;-))

so probably you need to to do the same, make a new account, at least to be able and create tickets about all that happened. good luck!

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Ticket support did not respond for days, so I tried to reach live chat. After finally reaching them days later (it keeps saying live chat currently busy), they said they would fix my account within 30-40 minutes. 24 hours later a reply to my ticket that it would take max 24h. That was 10 days ago and my account still has not been fixed.

I mean my server is still up and working very well, but it makes you wonder.. ,_,

I can't imagine complete servers being replaced because of failing hard drives, maybe it was turned off accidentally....

• 4n0nx said: I can't imagine complete servers being replaced because of failing hard drives, maybe it was turned off accidentally....

All of them "died" after 3 months or something like that? And then get re-ordered?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Spirit said: All of them "died" after 3 months or something like that? And then get re-ordered?

Isn't that what I just said? IF a hard drive had broken, they would have replaced just that. Not the entire server.

• I think that they are not registered company. I requested PIB & others things what a serbian company haves & they said that they will respond me with that info & they never responded...Also a company in serbia,croatia,bosnia must have all that info on website on contact page.

• 4n0nx said: Isn't that what I just said? IF a hard drive had broken, they would have replaced just that. Not the entire server.

What I am wondering is if story will repeat itself in 3 months from now.