Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 year, 3 month VPN.SH review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 year, 3 month VPN.SH review

lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
edited March 2015 in Reviews

So i was meant to do my 1 year review on VPN.SH 3 months ago and never got around to it, so this is my 1 year, 3 month review of VPN.SH.

Overall

I switched from proxpn to vpn.sh due to there locations and speeds , and well been at university there pricing was darn cheap too...
I was bit worried at the start due to the price it wouldn't be stable but a 1 year & 3 months im satisfied with my £4.32GBP purchase.
(can't find any of there latest deals.)

i mainly use OpenVPN client daily on phone & at university, not sure on the device limit per account but i have 2 - 3 devices on at the same time fine.

Locations

For locations they provide a total of 18 locations , i mainly use NZ,Aussie,LA & Seattle haven't really tried the others locations but for the ones i use Speeds are great and down time is very rare. (They currently added backup servers for New Zealand & Aussie & maybe more)

Support

Support hasn't been the greatest at the start, there were issues with un-answered tickets but from what i read they were resolved and extra staff added, the last 9 months i have had no issues with support with timely response.
I also found @liamwithers went the extra mile to help out when my university was blocking UDP on a port, he was able to sort me out with another connection option.

I give them 5 stars and i recommend to try them

Thanked by 1VPNsh

Comments

• is it a paid review? i dont use them but from what i read ... vpn.sh isnt that good as u wrote

Thanked by 2Riz roykem
  • tommytommy Member

looks like yes :D since so many backlink to vpn.sh

• @namhuy said:
    is it a paid review? i dont use them but from what i read ... vpn.sh isnt that good as u wrote

how can that be a paid review? its based on my experience and money i pay them. I've seen reviews on them and well i didn't have a bad experience and they don't have a referral system so i have nothing to gain.

• To be honest, I think their service is atrocious. The fact that I wasn't even able to connect to half of their servers after they put out their 1GBP promotion was a major let-down for me. Why advertise so many locations if half of them don't work?

• lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
    edited March 2015

i only use NZ,Aussie,LA & Seattle locations due to latency, with OpenVPN client so can't comment on other locations.

• Many of their locations not working. No one carry about.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the review @lukesUbuntu. To clarify this is not a paid or requested review.

To those mentioning issues with the service, all that was in the past and everything has been running smoothly for quite some time now. If you still have accounts, please use the latest OpenVPN files/IP's that we provide and I'm confident you'll see that the service runs without issue.

I won't hide and say that it hasn't been a rocky road, but everything has been looking good for months now, and appears to be staying that way.

Thanked by 2Zen lukesUbuntu
  • I never used it will read reviews and feedback before deciding to use it or have try

• SadySady Member

Am I blind to see their ~2-3 months downtime mentioned in your thread when they were buried somewhere & not replying anywhere?

PAID REVIEW, period.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@Sady said:
    Am I blind to see their ~2-3 months downtime mentioned in your thread when they were buried somewhere & not replying anywhere?

PAID REVIEW, period.

I can't even think of a reason why Liam would pay for a review. With the promos he does, he'd have to take a loss on like a hundred clients for two years to pay anyone a reasonable sum for a review.

Bad reviews do not automatically mean that a company has 100% dissatisfied customers. That is a false notion that websites like this have taught you to think. People are much faster with the keyboard to announce complaints than they are a service that works fine.

The service has clearly had some well defined problems in the past, but anyone using a location that remained up probably never noticed a problem. Nothing wrong with giving credit for what didn't break, there's plenty of info here about what did :)

• RizRiz Member

After he sold all of those 1EU plans I was told that the problem was on my end, then that it would be fixed, followed by being ignored. I would avoid vpn.sh.

• I decided to give them a shot when they had one of their many promos going on (I believe it was the 150GB £2/year plan), and not once did anything ever worked for me. I thought it was on my end since it was my first time using OpenVPN, but it turned out many people had the same problems that I did. After months of issues and excuses/empty promises from them that never amounted to anything, I got fed up and canceled. Glad to hear that it seems to be working at last, but I personally will never try their services again.

• ricardoricardo Member

Worth referencing: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/22638/vpn-sh-not-well

TL;DR, service was interrupted for an 'inexcusable' amount of time. 2nd chances aside, I'd avoid this, regardless of price.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • RizRiz Member

I recon while I had problems he was pushing another vpn company through another brand and trying to sell dedicated IPs as well.

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

I have had problems with his other brand fixedroute. I bought a promotion on April 4th and never received it. Opened 2 tickets and contacted him on here and it's been ignored. Oh well I guess :/

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

looks like VPN.SH are in old times. no one pays for per so many GB these days it's all unlimited (or high usage)

• souensouen Member

Cautiously optimistic here.

Fwiw, the various issues last year are well-recorded in the thread linked above and I also posted my negative experience back in October. To resume from there, around late October-November, the owner became active again, and over the course of about a week, via PM on LET he got the locations I requested back online.

Since November the service (at least for CA and CH which I use regularly) seems to have stabilised. Last month there was a little blip at one of the locations that probably lasted several hours, and was working again when I retried a day later. Aside from that I haven't had any problems lately.

• switsysswitsys Member

@liamwithers :

I use your latest OpenVPN files/IP's, and I've managed to use all in 'AllLocations' except Sweden.

• xsetxset Member

@liamwithers Please get your support guys answer my support tickets. I have requested
    updates but nobody answers. I have raised the tickets over 1 month ago. Gives a bad picture about your support.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@xset said:
    liamwithers Please get your support guys answer my support tickets. I have requested
    updates but nobody answers. I have raised the tickets over 1 month ago. Gives a bad picture about your support.

Sounds like a familiar story...

• I'm due to renew 2 services within a week and not getting any response from tech support. I sent a message a month ago to see if they were still around, but nothing. Think I'll save my $$!

• gonggogonggo Member

got an email, look like they're running a promo

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

I got a reply on my ticket after 2 months.

• aoleeaolee Member

I use vpn.sh but I'm not a heavy user, so I can burn a £1, unless someone can recommend an alternative for a £1 vpn?

• @aolee said:
    I use vpn.sh but I'm not a heavy user, so I can burn a £1, unless someone can recommend an alternative for a £1 vpn?

Yeah, £1 is a really good deal for less heavy usage, plenty of locations and speeds are okay.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

How to review if none from locations working for now? But they keep push a new promos ;;

• erkinerkin Member

@fitvpn said:
    How to review if none from locations working for now? But they keep push a new promos ;;

How can you be that sure about none from locations being working? Seems like a biased comment.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

aolee said: I use vpn.sh but I'm not a heavy user, so I can burn a £1, unless someone can recommend an alternative for a £1 vpn?

£1 per what? Decade? Century?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

They are still working with the NSA, they didn't reply to my letter about whether they received a NSL.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Dont, not even in a fucking decade go to VPN.sh.

They resolving there VPN servers over DNS, it was broken for more as a week. Not a single server was usuable, bullshit.