Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• Seems like uniwebhosting is trying to push sales more before the big crash comes.

• spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited March 2015

It's clear that you have already made your minds so I don't see the point of arguing here. It's like discussing the never-ending religion vs science debate. You with no proof, me WITH proof and you deny it without any real EVIDENCE on your own!

@Lee maybe he just went informal because I asked him a bit of a personal question, an opinion, so what?. I communicate with a lot of support daily and they do seem to be real humans from time to time, still not sure how that is weird actually. You all act exactly like some theory-conspirators! Looking for the needle in the whole haystack of proof just so you justify your (dis)belief. I'm amazed what this forum is like, even the moderator(which should be completely unbiased) is taking the path to the dark side.

It's really not my job , but since you all attacked me like some kind of hyenas I feel the need to defend my grounds here. @Lee since you're the moderator(therefore you should be unbiased and neutral) I think only you can be the judge of this debate here.

I agree to send you the email with full headers in private, you do whatever you want with it and report here if it's legit or not. But now I would like to remove it from this public forum. I'm sure Mr. Pirner wouldn't like to be the food for discussion in a bowl of piranhas.

And for the time being I'd like you to leave me off this debate here. I did my own research, got what I needed and shared it with you guys. Tried to help you, but obviously you suffer from a different kind of disease. If you don't believe me don't wait to be spoon-fed! Next time do your own homework and YOU make your own conclusions and then YOU be the one to post proof in this thread! Stop attacking members who are trying to help you.

This is it, I'm done with this. This forum is a joke. Do whatever you wish, I don't care.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • LeeLee Veteran

spiritfly said: @Lee since you're the moderator(therefore you should be unbiased and neutral) I think only you can be the judge of this debate here.

For a first poster praising a provider in a thread full of doubt I am sure you understand that people will be skeptical. It is very much the nature of hosting related forums.

I am happy to wait and see what Hetzner reply I have sent them an email now anyway.

• That special is related to hetzner or to uniwebhosting?

I do remember hetzner had no setup fee one month ago or so?

• @Lee that's good! The only thing I regret about is that I won't be able to see your faces when you read the reply.

I'm also a reputable member of other forums with the same nickname, I can disclose that in private as well. I can disclose you the details, but you're a moderator and you should be able to find that out for yourself. If one is a new member of one forum that doesn't mean he's a newbie on the internet. I posted here because I found this thread prior to buying their service and it made me VERY skeptical about them, but knowing how people from the Balkan can be I knew this might be the hidden treasure as well. I did some digging and found what I found. I felt the need to present it here because you were all discussing this pointless debate for 10 pages (and no one thought of emailing Hetzner and asking a simple question) and Internet Marketing being my professional deformation I felt like you're ruining the image of an innocent company here. UniWebHosting are wrongfully accused and this thread comes up first on google when googling their name. Are you aware of the damage that this is causing to companies? Imagine if the first thread about Amazon on google was discussing if they really send out real products?

My opinion is that it's not right to discuss and make harsh comments without a shred of evidence. If anyone has any proof they are being dishonest or scam, let him cast the first stone. Otherwise you have no right to criticize like this.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

@spiritfly said:
    Amitz For the small amount of characters you type, you do seem to curse a lot. Do you have Tourettes, seriously do you?

Holy Fuck! Not at all! ;-)
    Your bloody bullshit was just not worth more words. But thank you for your concerns! And by the way: I will gladly take back every single word and apologize publicly if Lee's investigation shows that I am the drivelling idiot here.

edited March 2015

@Amitz said:
    Holy Fuck! Not at all! ;-)

Your bloody bullshit was just not worth more words. But thank you for your concerns! And by the way: I will gladly take back every single word and apologize publicly if Lee's investigation shows that I am the drivelling idiot here.

Let me guess, you're also a politician! ;)

Well the arguments are on my side, so with your comments you're basically saying I'm a liar in a rude way even though I presented the evidence in your face. Your apology is not worth a dime my friend, save it.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Amitz said: Your bloody bullshit was just not worth more words.

No. You just want to cause drama instead of spending 1-3 minutes to ask Hetzner yourself.

Thanked by 1spiritfly
  • wychwych Member
    edited March 2015

spiritfly said: and no one thought of emailing Hetzner and asking a simple question

Pretty sure someone did back at the start - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/833219/#Comment_833219

spiritfly said: Internet Marketing being my professional deformation I felt like you're ruining the image of an innocent company here

Its not ruining them, people may just think twice before ordering. As you even said yourself you read the thread and became a customer.

If IM is what your into is it just coincidence your here to clean the thread up and shed some light off your own back?

spiritfly said: it made me VERY skeptical about them

Pretty much what most people in here are.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

tr1cky said: Seems like uniwebhosting is trying to push sales more before the big crash comes.

On what grounds do you claim this?

Thanked by 1spiritfly
    edited March 2015

@wych said:
    Pretty sure someone did back at the start - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/833219/#Comment_833219

That guy didn't ask Hetzner if UniWebHosting are with them or not.

@wych said:
    Its not ruining them, people may just think twice before ordering. As you even said yourself you read the thread and became a customer.

Exactly what's ruining their business. This forum didn't convince me, it did the contrary. Well it scare me off at first, but after a around 5-6 pages of reading I noticed that there isn't a shred of evidence pointing that they aren't legit either.

Also as I previously pointed out, I did my own research which helped me to come to the conclusion that they are perfectly ok. So I bought that offer no thanks to you sir.

@wych said:
    If IM is what your into is it just coincidence your here to clean the thread up and shed some light off your own back?

I thought one of you might say this, that's why I was hesitant about sharing that piece of information, but you pulled me by my nose to reveal my personality. Is it wrong to defend an innocent subject on the internet regardless of what I do? Even if I'm trying to win him over as a client at some point(which surely won't happen until I use his services at least a few months), how is defending his public image by putting my reputation in the line of fire wrong? I did present evidence did I? Do you have anything against it? No?

@wych said:
    Pretty much what most people in here are.

Well that's what your own vertigo of paranoia that has backfired on you all. Do you realize how funny you sound when reading all of this giberish? Seriously! Anyone please take the time to re-read your stories and fiction you've made up from your own imagination. There was a friend of mine who was too caught up in conspiracy theories for too long, and he wasn't able to accept new evidences even if you smashed it on his head. He still thinks the Olympic Games 2012 should've been the end of the world, but the illuminati have post-poned it for another big event. You all sound just like him, well with a few exceptions of course.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • wychwych Member

spiritfly said: you all

Nice generalisation.

spiritfly said: Exactly what's ruining their business.

How; if they had been running for the last 10 years then one post on a forum in the last few months wont make a massive difference.

This forum didn't convince me, it did the contrary.

Its not this forums job to convince you, this forum is here to discuss things which is what people are doing.

spiritfly said: it wrong to defend an innocent subject on the internet

no, just curious behind your motives; if you are a happy client you are a happy client...

Even if I'm trying to win him over as a client at some point (which surely won't happen until I use his services at least a few months)

Erm ok?

spiritfly said: Do you have anything against it? No?

So are uniweb an exception to the reseller?

spiritfly said: I did my own research which helped me to come to the conclusion

Thats all everyone wants people to do round here, and thus why we discuss various topics.

spiritfly said: no thanks to you sir.

I did what exactly apart from say that someone did contact hetzner at the start (granted it wasn't about uniweb directly) and I actually agreed with one of your points.

• @wych said:

Look I really don't have the time to argue a pointless discussion. I lost a day of winning a war that's not mine(yes winning, because I'm very confident about the email).

It is clear that you're trying to force it in a direction that suits your own agenda. My first priority motive was to help clear up this mistery around UniWebHosting and I believe any sane person would've decided this by now.

I have nor the time nor the energy to write here anymore. You people depleted me completely (and I rarely get depleted by sitting in front of my PC, yes I'm a nerd).

The reply will be published tomorrow by @Lee and everyone will be happy.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • LeeLee Veteran

spiritfly said: The reply will be published tomorrow by @Lee and everyone will be happy.

As soon as I get a response I will let everyone know.

Thanked by 1wych
  • wychwych Member

spiritfly said: It is clear that you're trying to force it in a direction that suits your own agenda.

Yes, me, clearly...

• @spiritfly said:

You're acting like a forum is not for discussing things...
    I hope the email is real and that they've had no issues in 10 years. That'd be ideal.

Thing is the prices are unsustainable and this forum has seen the end result of that a thousand times before. People want to make sure they aren't just throwing their hard earned money away... can you really blame them for that?

Thanked by 2Lee wych
    edited March 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Thing is the prices are unsustainable and this forum has seen the end result of that a thousand times before. People want to make sure they aren't just throwing their hard earned money away... can you really blame them for that?

You are right a forum is for discussion, not pointing fingers. Sure people have the right to know about the background of a company they are investing in, yet they all act so ignorant and are being passive about it. Discussing is one thing, blaming without evidence is another. In the real world there is a law that forbids this.

The thing that bothered me really is that no one can prove that they are scam and yet they say it out loud with such certainty.

I can see their prices are unsustainable, but they said it's for the first year only, so what's the big deal?

And I have to say this as well: I don't know if they are legit or not, but by looking at what I could gather as evidence the pros outweighed the cons so I bought a server and I'm currently happy. I hope it will stay that way.

The second thing that made me furious and made me write two pages so far is blaming me and my evidence when in fact I came here only to help. At least the moderator should've been able to confirm if I'm a real person or not before saying his suspicion out loud. There are a few techniques to do that which any moderator should know.

Usually new members are welcomed throughout forums, especially ones that try to help. What did I get for being new here? Curses and calling me liar. No @Lee you're not excused for that. You are the moderator and should've first verified if I'm legit or not and then take your stand in the thread to prevent this. Instead you acted biased towards me in the thread without confirming first and made everyone else suspect me as well. This is not the job of a moderator. By saying in the thread that my account is suspicious because it posted a review while being new means you're suggesting to everyone else that's the case. You have the authority here, I don't. People listen to your opinion. You should be careful about laying your opinions in the public because it instantly creates an image in other members eyes.

^ - this is one of the reasons that irritated me so much and I took out of my working hours to argue around here. @Lee could've easily asked me around in private and see that I have nothing to do with the company discussed here and that I'm a legit person. It is easy to prove.

And still why are we talking? Let's wait for the email shall we?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

Just to confirm I have had a reply from the person who sent the email and he confirms he did indeed send it.

I have also removed all the screenshot links of the email at the request of Hetzner.

Thanked by 3Amitz Falzo NeoXiD
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

Well then, honest apologies to @spiritfly! :-)
    It did not expect Hetzner to use such a poor wording in such a bad english and that they would openly talk about a customer with a third person. Strange thing. However, I was wrong. Completely. Fuck. Shit. Up. (Just to stress the tourette cliché...)

So, if you are looking for the drivelling idiot here:

^^ see above! ;-)

Thanked by 2Lee mikho
    edited March 2015

• nocomnocom Member
    spiritfly  Joined     March 11  

@spiritfly your country is...... if you want to share

repost

Ich habe dann bei Uniwebhosting angefragt, ob der Server auch unmanaged gemietet werden kann. Der Preis dafür lag bei 200$ pro Jahr (was gerade einmal 16.67$ pro Monat sind). Uniwebhosting gibt an, dass Sie von Hetzner spezielle Preise haben und Hetzner ein Partner von Ihnen sei. Eine Anfrage bei Hetzner bestätigte dies jedoch nicht:

Sehr geehrter Herr xxxx,
    wir haben keine Business Partner. Es kann schon sein, dass der bei uns Server anbietet und weitervermietet, aber offizielle Partner haben wir keine.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen xxxx
    Leitung Produktberatung / Vertrieb

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/837629/#Comment_837629

edited March 2015

@nocom said:

spiritfly your country is...... if you want to share

Macedonia, may I ask why do you ask?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@nocom said:
    Uniwebhosting gibt an, dass Sie von Hetzner spezielle Preise haben und Hetzner ein Partner von Ihnen sei.

tatsächlich bestätigt die mail von hetzner genau nix über preise oder dergleichen, sie sagt aber auch nicht das gegenteil.
    und ob uniwebhosting nun hetzner als 'partner' bezeichnet oder nicht, heisst ja noch lange nicht, dass damit gemeint ist, das es einen wie auch immer gearteten rahmenvertrag gibt. das kann auch ein simples 'Problem' des Sprachgebrauches sein und Vertragspartner meinen...

after all I read, there probably will not be any better conclusion or end to this discussion.
    I'd say so far they were able to sustain longer than what a lot of people thought, and hopefully (for me and my service with them) they will carry on doing so...
    I also have to admit, that it's not any clearer as in the beginning, if this will be sustainable for a long time in terms of years and not only weeks or months ;-)

as stressed a lot in this thread: one should be able to decide on his own, if he is willing to take the risk or look out for another provider.
    the service itself is flawlessly provided through hetzner for me, so nothing to complain about.

• nocomnocom Member

reason you understand serbian also

your post
    Also by doing a little bit of research on my own (online and offline) I quickly concluded that they are indeed 10 years old company and they have the experience in the field. They have been selling hosting only in Serbia the first few years so that's why their online presence does not seem so widely popular. I've also read a few serbian forums and I noticed a lot of people vouch for them and their quality of service.

Recently i make my research and i guess this is also positive review about uniwebhosting

http://www.devprotalk.com/showthread.php?t=8089&pp=10

english with google translate
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.mycity.rs/Hosting-i-domeni/Ponovni-nemar-Uniwebhostinga.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=windows-1250

• ValdVald Member
    edited March 2015

@nocom those last two threads about them don't look good indeed.

After all if you don't have some extra money then simply don't risk it and complain about it later, there are well known providers if you need a production server.

edited March 2015

@nocom sorry I'm not in the mood for chit-chat. I don't like the reception I got in this forum and I certainly don't want to be the center of a new drama you're trying to build.

hint: if you want to see the mood I'm in please see my pic a few posts above

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

spiritfly said: At least the moderator should've been able to confirm if I'm a real person or not before saying his suspicion out loud

spiritfly said: No @Lee you're not excused for that. You are the moderator and should've first verified if I'm legit or not and then take your stand in the thread to prevent this.

This is the internet, reasonably sure you are a real person, but which person? These days with a bit of tinkering you can be anyone you claim to be. So I can confirm nothing about you or most of the membership here to be honest. Verifying you as legit, just not possible, hence I went to Hetzner.

spiritfly said: Instead you acted biased towards me in the thread without confirming first and made everyone else suspect me as well. This is not the job of a moderator. By saying in the thread that my account is suspicious because it posted a review while being new means you're suggesting to everyone else that's the case.

Easy there tiger, If you check my comments I simply asked you to consider why others were acting they way they were, not what view I was taking.

My view remains the same that Hetzner as a reputable business must take the high ground and not even enter into a discussion of any sort about a customer of theirs.

Comments like:

"But so far we cannot say any negative things about that client (hopefully it stays so)"

That is very unprofessional, it actually suggest if there was something negative they would have told you. The bit in brackets?!

But Hetzner got their comments wrong about the offers anyway. They said:

"He made a special limited offer (only the first 2-3 months with lower price, then higher price, so read carefully)"

That's not right at all so he does not know the client that well or what they are doing.

That low price has been getting offered for the last 5 months and extends as far as 3 years into the future. Hardly "only the first 2-3 months with lower price".

Anyway, your job is done, you have got your review in here albeit it will be lost amongst this thread and your email was verified. So you have every right to feel vindicated.

Not so much that you can feel like you are owed something, because that is not how members on this forum work. You are ahead, I suggest you walk away ahead.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I asked them for company info (Im from Croatia so the language is same) & they said to email their support & I emailed them and never recived the info they say every time that they are good company & that you are safe if you are buying with 2checkout.
    But I saw that they are hosting some websites of some popular singers in serbia.

• Lee said: This is the internet, reasonably sure you are a real person, but which person? These days with a bit of tinkering you can be anyone you claim to be. So I can confirm nothing about you or most of the membership here to be honest. Verifying you as legit, just not possible, hence I went to Hetzner.

I'm pretty certain no one is capable of proving to be anyone he wants on the internet. The moment you thought that my account was questionable, you could've contact me in private and ask a way to verify myself. If I sent you a few of my old accounts from other forums you could've easily eliminate the option that "I may work for UniWebHosting". I'm sure that no one who works at UniWebHosting will be writing a few posts a day in a SEO forum for years and with such knowledge about SEO/IM. Moderators in other forums do this all the time. And this is only one way that I can think of to verify a forum member.

I'm certainly not here to tell you how to do your job, far from it. I'm just sharing how from my experience moderators act in similar cases and had the impression that this is a reputable forum with high norms. No pun intended. And you could've still verify that email later if you thought was necessary.

Just to share my view about Hetzner, I think that you're over-analyzing a simple email message. I got what they wanted to say, the guy told me what he knew I see no wrong with that. He did not uncover any sensitive data that can be used against the client as well so I find his response perfectly ok.

I didn't expect to get such a reception here, but I don't feel like I'm owned anything really. It's just that my expectations for this forum were not met. I do hope that I dropped in the wrong thread/wrong time though. I might stay here for a while and see if it's worth it to be ahead in here. :) Thanks for your honest input, appreciate it.

• @spiritfly said:
    I didn't expect to get such a reception here, but I don't feel like I'm owned anything really. It's just that my expectations for this forum were not met. I do hope that I dropped in the wrong thread/wrong time though. I might stay here for a while and see if it's worth it to be ahead in here. :) Thanks for your honest input, appreciate it.

Please tell me/us about your experience with UniWebHosting in about 3 months-6 months time. If all is going swimmingly in that period I will probably signup.

Thank you for being honest and telling the truth. We're a sceptical bunch here but maybe that's because we've seen the effects of unsustainable pricing? Either way I owe you an apology for doubting you as does everyone else so I'm sorry.

Thanked by 1waya