Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Crashplan with Tonidoplug + Drobo (Samba mount) - Unable to write to directory?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crashplan with Tonidoplug + Drobo (Samba mount) - Unable to write to directory?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited July 2012 in Help

I have a drobo at home attached to a Tonidoplug running on Ubuntu 9.04 (ARM) and I was trying to set up Crashplan on the Tonidoplug to back things up from various home PCs that I have. The Drobo is mounted as a samba device on the Tonidoplug.

I managed to set up the software however I kept getting permission denied error when trying to back up files.

What I know so far:

1. The Crashplan process is running as root
  2. The root account has permission to write to the backup destination folder
  3. I can, use Drobo as a network drive, create and delete files from the destination folder from another PC in my home network.
  4. The folder for Crashplan is owned by root and has permission 777.

Anything else I am missing?

Comments

• nobody knows?

• AsadAsad Member

@zhuanyi Try enabling guest read/write to the backup destination and see if that works first of all.

I'd mess around with the ACLs and do trial and error to see why it's giving permission errors.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited July 2012

@AsadHaider said: enabling guest read/write

Never mind, you are talking about enable them in Samba...got it, I'll give it a try :)

• @AsadHaider said: Try enabling guest read/write to the backup destination and see if that works first of all.

This worked perfectly for me, thanks a lot!