Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest ~200GB disk box/offer that allows private torrents?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest ~200GB disk box/offer that allows private torrents?

Preferably in EU. Need 1 IP.

(Looking for a server because seed-boxes would be too costly. Abandoning my KS-2)

Comments

• SC Gen2 would do the job

Or two Kidechiere. Most hosts I know of don't allow torrents

• ManiacManiac Member
    edited March 2015
  • DevilDevil Member
    edited March 2015

Hey, it's a good deal but it just like a KS-1 - actually costlier especially with that 20 Euro set-up fee.

Or two Kidechiere.

I don't have it and outsourcing offers are almost as costly as SC-2 or KS-1.

Most hosts I know of don't allow torrents

You are right. Just wanted to see if there's sth. If only somehow I could club two of Ramnode's 80GB offers into one.

For me bandwidth, RAM, CPU are obviously not issues here - all I want is a little cheap ~200GB of disk and a sort of trustworthy provider (some trusted ones actually allow torrent you must be knowing). I just need this server to download once in a while and keep few torrents seeding or connected just to keep the things alive.

Maniac said: GreencloudVPS

Thanks. But it's costlier than KS-2 if we prorate and costlier than KS-1 even w/o prorating.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

Our 250GB VPS located in OVH's Roubix DC is 7$/month
    https://secure.bigvps.io/cart.php?gid=6&currency=4

• @Devil i have 2 or 3 Kidechere's at the moment.. fairly cheap.. they are just sitting there doing sweet F all..

• DevilDevil Member

pbgben said: Our 250GB VPS located in OVH's Roubix DC is 7$/month

I think we exchanged a couple of PMs regarding that. It's costly for me considering the specs and usage I have in mind. Thanks a lot anyway.

AutoSnipe said: have 2 or 3 Kidechere's at the moment

PMed.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2015

Although not in the EU their NJ location does have good connectivity, and the TOS does not say anything about torrents.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/45516/boltvm-last-chance-on-deal-la-nj-ssd-ssd-cached-vps

• DevilDevil Member

linuxthefish said: and the TOS does not say anything about torrents.

Correct. I saw that today. I have PMed them about the torrents part. Actually I get good download speeds from EU to my home PC.

• @pbgben said:
    Our 250GB VPS located in OVH's Roubix DC is 7$/month
    https://secure.bigvps.io/cart.php?gid=6&currency=4

How about your allowed bandwidth limit?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/45516/boltvm-last-chance-on-deal-la-nj-ssd-ssd-cached-vps/p1

BoltVM is great. The TOS do not mention torrents, but I would still ask their 24/7 support before signing up. :))) Location is US however.

• The fact that a ToS does not mention torrents doesn't mean they are just allowed. We don't even know what the OP is downloading so nobody can give him any useful advice .

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

mpkossen said: The fact that a ToS does not mention torrents doesn't mean they are just allowed.

4n0nx said: BoltVM is great. The TOS do not mention torrents, but I would still ask their 24/7 support before signing up.

• DevilDevil Member

mpkossen said: OP is downloading so nobody can give him any useful advice .

Some providers allow private trackers (e.g.VPSDIme, BuyVM), or they as long as they don't get (many) complaints (pretty much that's your private tracker)

• rokokrokok Member
    edited March 2015

In general: private tracker won't cause 'complain' problem. If the provider not snooping to client files, all should be fine without asking allow torrent or not question.

The only reason provider not allowing running torrent *even private tracker on their ToS is extensive disk io i believe.

Thanked by 1Sady
  • @mpkossen said:
    The fact that a ToS does not mention torrents doesn't mean they are just allowed. We don't even know what the OP is downloading so nobody can give him any useful advice .

Same thing everyone uses torrents for... "Linux ISOs"

• DevilDevil Member

rokok said: extensive disk io

That shouldn't be a problem - I am keeping it for minimal usage.

rokok said: provider not snooping to client files

What if I encrypt my mount?

hostnoob said: "Linux ISOs"

Indeed ;-)

• rokokrokok Member

just pick any then ;)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

What if I encrypt my mount?

Doesn't help. When it's mounted/on, the provider can see it. Just ask them, they probably won't mind if it means no trouble for them.