Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anybody use QuadIX servers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anybody use QuadIX servers?

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Chill! this is getting no where :) , why not let OP decide .

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

As i am mentioned here, just to clarify one thing. drServer does not have any rented or coloed assets with VolumeDrive nor Quadix.

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • I use Quadix for my shared hosting company , it is good ...

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2015

@mikho said:

on the whole, uptime / network speed not bad....... ;)

but at the end of the day, it's the people running the show that matters, agree?

• gruBgruB Member

Thought I'd chime in. Time to stop lurking ;)

I've been using Quadix for the past few days and everything seems fine. The only issue I had as most do, the setup time.

Reason I bought was for storage and windows RDP to keep all my site backups(backup of backups) on it (easier for me).

Thanked by 1ronaldgrn
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015
    Thanked by 3Riz adxn cassa
  • @mikho said:
    I'm kinda dumb, care to explain?

• RizRiz Member

Be glad the VD flew over you.

• no idea what this has got to do with me but thanks for the illustration

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If I say STD, know what that is? VD is the same thing. :)

• @mikho said:
    thought as much.........;)

• mikimiki Member

Thanks a lot guys!

• I'm using 2 server for busy site, very good server for this price

• I had servers from Quadix.
    Delivery took 10 days (not 1/2 Business days)
    After delivery there was a problem with HDD
    Support was like a chat. One question at a time and it was going on and on.
    Only after Josh took interest in the case, things changed dramatically. everything fixed and started running smoothly.
    To be fair: They did not bill me till problems are fixed. And I also received HW Raid upgrade free.

• Using it to process lot's of data with a web crawler. Good performance so far. Slow response though.

• I had a rough experience with VolumeDrive.. really rough. Took probably week or maybe a tad longer to get the server, network issues - got resolved - then the server went down, it was a pretty clean install so I don't know why/how it went down.

They offered to do an OS reinstall, agreed to it, then never heard back from them until I complained on here - and then I just wanted it canceled by that point. Headaches.. so many headaches.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I've had several servers with QuadIX. Only issue is long set up times. Support has been pretty good and Josh is incredibly kind and helps out whenever he can.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • who have try with configure 4x1TB or 4x2TB (Raid-10) LSI Raid Card? How much IO you got?

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited March 2015

@jazz1611 said:
    who have try with configure 4x1TB or 4x2TB (Raid-10) LSI Raid Card? How much IO you got?

Drive models?

read speeds 330 to 700
     write speeds 150 to 400

Also depends on the RAID Card and if the drives attached to the raid are running at 3Gbps or 6Gbps.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

I attempted to once, but when the delivery time was coming up to 5x the length stated I cancelled.

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited March 2015

@clamhost they tell me use SATA3 and H700 LSI Card 512MB Cache.

"We use the Dell H700 raid cards, its based on an LSI card.The standard motherboard SATA is V2. If we install the LSI raid card, its SATA3 and the drives we use as well are SATA 3."

• @jazz1611 said:
    clamhost they tell me use SATA3 and H700 LSI Card 512MB Cache.

"We use the Dell H700 raid cards, its based on an LSI card.The standard motherboard SATA is V2. If we install the LSI raid card, its SATA3 and the drives we use as well are SATA 3."

Look at the speeds I provided in my last reply you should get close to full speed not used the H700 as of yet so I cannot provide you exact speeds.

• @jazz1611 said:
    who have try with configure 4x1TB or 4x2TB (Raid-10) LSI Raid Card? How much IO you got?

I started with software raid 10 - 4x1 Tb: the I/O was 46 mb/s

After HW raid+BBU upgrade the i/o improved to 250-300 mb/s

Can't find out why the SW raid sucked

• Speed 'raid 10 - 4x1 Tb: the I/O was 46 mb/s' is normal if resync process still in progress.

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    Speed 'raid 10 - 4x1 Tb: the I/O was 46 mb/s' is normal if resync process still in progress.

^^This. Be patient, RAID can take a LONG time (many hours) to do the initial sync and any benchmarks will suck until that is complete. Make sure you are run tools that tell you the status of the RAID sync (e.g., Software RAID: mdadm, etc).

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jazz1611 said:
    miki: i'm need resell/transfer server if you want. installed Virtualizor on server. registered 5 ago. price is 115$.

Hello,

CHeck your PM.

• My buddy and I already ordered another box. It's up and running

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    Speed 'raid 10 - 4x1 Tb: the I/O was 46 mb/s' is normal if resync process still in progress.

Sure, But even after 48 hours?

• @mashokk369 said:

>

Possible something wrong with HW RAID card and or HDD.

Thanked by 1mashokk369
  • @mustafaramadhan said:
    Possible something wrong with HW RAID card and or HDD.

Check SMART statistics with smartctl if you can find how with the RAID card, sometimes drives that are dying will give low speed before they die!

Thanked by 1mashokk369