Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anybody use QuadIX servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anybody use QuadIX servers?

mikimiki Member

Does anybody use QuadIX servers for anything serious?
From reviews here and at WHT I can see that most people complains about slow support.
But how is hardware, network and stability?

Comments

• quadix is a volumedrive subsidiary, basically it'll be vd service ;)

• I have heard good things about the network speed. Not sure about stability though...

• We have servers with them and it has been working perfectly for months.

Can't expect too much because of the price, but the network and the hardware are good.

The only thing you should consider before purchase it their deployment and ticket response time, since they have limited staff it may sometimes take long to get service delivered or ticket replied, but for unmanaged servers, that's acceptable.

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited March 2015

@miki: i'm need resell/transfer server if you want. installed Virtualizor on server. registered 5 ago. price is 115$.

• mikimiki Member

@XeepiHosting_Joe

Are you using their servers for selling web hosting?
    I mean are they reliable for that purpose?

• mikimiki Member

@jazz1611 May I ask why you are selling server only after 5 days?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Anyone using a VD brand to the provide service to customers with higher expectations that VD themselves can offer is asking for trouble.

Personal use, great idea.

Business use.... just don't, or if you do please don't add yet another shitty support, or why has it taken 5 weeks to deliver thread on WHT, you knew better.

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @miki: my client don't need for job anymore. so i resell for who need. the hardware and IO (upto 600MB/s) is good. network is fast.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

IF you want you purchase quadix servers through us for quicker support although our pricing will be a tad higher than theirs.

• @BharatB said:
    IF you want you purchase quadix servers through us for quicker support although our pricing will be a tad higher than theirs.

Who is us? You or @drserver? It's getting confusing when someone represents 2 different brands, maybe you should make a separate account for each.

And how is support going to be quicker, do you have physical access to the server?

@DalComp said:
    And how is support going to be quicker, do you have physical access to the server?

As andrej has mentioned in one of the comments my actions are limited to readydedi alone . US = ReadyDedi's staff ( Vivek , Radoslav Petrov , Vishal , Myself , Brad ). Lets say we make even the worst provider's service look good with our support and dedication.

We've got 2 testimonials from customers which you may try to confirm by contacting them by whatever means possible , http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/45930/49-dedicated-servers-across-usa-happy-holi-bargain-bins-readydedis-6h-setup#latest

Since most of our customers are not from LET and since we don't force our clients to post testimonials we leave it to their decision when / when not to review our service.

BharatB said: Lets say we make even the worst provider's service look good with our support and dedication.

You can polish turd all you want, it is still turd.

Unless you have some specific contract with QuadIX please don't offer things like this, it will end up in failure.

I've got like 8 servers till now not even 1 has a problem.

• @miki We co-locate with them, our experience with VD has been great, Josh and Dominick helped us alot.

• AnthonySmith said: Anyone using a VD brand to the provide service to customers with higher expectations that VD themselves can offer is asking for trouble.

Personal use, great idea.

Business use.... just don't, or if you do please don't add yet another shitty support, or why has it taken 5 weeks to deliver thread on WHT, you knew better.

The biggest problem for VD could be their limited staff on umlimited offers, we heard that Josh really wants to improve their user experience, hope they are on the way.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@century1stop said:
    quadix is a volumedrive subsidiary, basically it'll be vd service ;)

VD as a Service. :) no, thanks.
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited March 2015

BharatB said: As andrej has mentioned in one of the comments my actions are limited to readydedi alone

Must have missed that one.

@BharatB said:
    Since most of our customers are not from LET and since we don't force our clients to post testimonials we leave it to their decision when / when not to review our service.

IMO, VD/Quadix are unmanaged server hence user should know of software management. I think support issues must be related to hardware or network, which you can't significantly improve without access to the server or a special agreement.

BharatB said: I've got like 8 servers till now not even 1 has a problem.

So no then, you don't have any special arrangement you just got lucky or did not expect much to begin with.

There is an internet's worth of reviews with people saying the exact opposite and have been for 3+ years I know of so please do not artificially raise other peoples expectations just by charging more.

No offence , Well its upto OP to decide if he takes up my offer im sure we'll be seeing a +ve review sooner or later :)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@BharatB, I am amazed that in every thread someone asks about something you can always provide something, better.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed

@Lee said:
    BharatB, I am amazed that in every thread someone wants something you can always supply it.

Well I try :) its not like im scamming or doing something illegal. I'm trying to earn and support my staff too in my ways.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

BharatB said: IF you want you purchase quadix servers through us for quicker support although our pricing will be a tad higher than theirs.

Even if you were capable of fixing anything when they fuck up, you just can't because you are thousands of miles away. Actually you would make things worse since you are just an intermediary reselling the same shit they sell.

Thanked by 1TheKiller

Nyr said: reselling the same shit they sell.

At a higher price.

Thanked by 1TheKiller

@AnthonySmith said:
    At a higher price.

And higher ip allocation :) forgot to mention.

• BharatB said: And higher ip allocation

Is it VD's IP ranges or yours?

• BharatB said: And higher ip allocation :) forgot to mention.

And if you email them they'll probably give you higher allocations for a cheaper price too.

Anyone trusting VD after their last mess for a business is seriously crazy, don't be bitching when next time half your data & servers are left at the previous DC with no hope of ever getting it back.

• Patrick said: Anyone trusting VD after their last mess for a business is seriously crazy, don't be bitching when next time half your data & servers are left at the previous DC with no hope of ever getting it back.

Ironically we are with them.

And we all know one thing, they survived while BurstNet closed.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2015

XeepiHosting_Joe said: survived while BurstNet closed

Survived in what way? From what was posted they ran away. On that also running up a unpaid debt with InfoRelay the NY network provider as well.

• Patrick said: Survived in what way? From what was posted they ran away.

They are still in business, that's why I said they survived.

Yes there may have many posts saying they "ran away", but they are still alive and expanding(Adding hundreds of servers).

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2015

XeepiHosting_Joe said: but they are still alive and expanding(Adding hundreds of servers).

So that makes it ok? To deceive customers & their own leasers/network provider, no notifications, unpaid debts

I guess if thats the sort of business you like to keep your customers in then go ahead. I guess price is a major factor over the backbone of whats being run.