Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which domain registrar?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which domain registrar?

dragon2611dragon2611 Member
edited March 2015 in Providers

Which domain registrar would people recommend these-days?

Most of my domains are .com/.net and I have a few UK's

they're currently registered through a logicboxes reseller, but now that the privacy protection stuff is no longer free I'm not sure I really want to stay on that platform as personally I'm not a big fan of it.

Although I have a reseller account pretty much all the domains on there thesedays are mine anyway so it doesn't really need to be a provider that's designed for resellers.

Might just go back to using namecheap which is who I used to use in the past, or if there's someone else I should be looking at?

Comments

• First, find a coupon to register at Godaddy to save money.

Then transfer to namesilo, and renew if necessary.

• I use name.com a .com with privacy would cost 15$ year

• I will recommend OVH & NameSilo not only they have cheap prices but free WHOIS privacy as well.

• NameSilo.

• namesilo

• OVH I found to be a pain to transfer .UK's but personally like namecheap although namesilo does free privacy I can't say ive used them yet

• DylanDylan Member

NameSilo +1

• I've been using AhNames for a couple of years now. Free privacy and best prices for .com/.net/.org/.me. Can't help with the .uk ones.

• .com/.net namesilo is the cheapest.
    *.uk tsohost and ovh are cheap for 2+ years

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited March 2015

Be interesting to see if the ones offering free privacy start charging for it as the logic boxes reseller I use claim it's due to new icann fees

Will probably use Tsohost for the UK domains as I already have some other services with them and they've been pretty decent so far.

• I would just use a coupon at Godaddy.com you can always transfer if you wish to -
    However their 24/7 call support is very useful and especially needs recognizing!

• niknar1900niknar1900 Member
    edited March 2015

I prefer Namecheap (privacy is free) and the coupons usually bring it down when it's time to renew. As for real privacy (ie anonymous), you could try Yohost.org

• rokokrokok Member

I start liking uniregistry, great panel management and features + all free privacy

• smartcard said: I use name.com a .com with privacy would cost 15$ year

Always use "privacyplease" code to get whois privacy for free.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Google Domains

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I used to recommend namecheap. Now their page is too slow to do anything 99% of the time, so I guess go with namesilo, which is cheapest from what I know. Have not tried it, but many recommend it.

• Vote for namecheap because I'm a Chinese and GoDaddy is unfriendly with Chinese.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

XIAOSpider97 said: GoDaddy is unfriendly with Chinese.

I think godaddy is also sexist and against net neutrality. (?)

• Internet.bs

• Personally i use dynadot.

• Moved some of my .com/.net to namesilo and the uk domains to tsohost

Got a few more that aren't due to renew anytime soon that I'll leave where they are for now.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited March 2015

Im using google domains at the moment for my new domains and transferred a few too as there dns is pretty solid .

• @MonsteR said:
    Im using google domains at the moment for my new domains and transferred a few too as there dns is pretty solid .

Google Domains is only available for the US. :/

+1 For Namesilo.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited March 2015

@makanenzo10 said:
    +1 For Namesilo.

Im in the UK and I have it :)
    VPN + US billing address + UK Payment options = Winning I guess.

• @MonsteR said:
    VPN + US billing address + UK Payment options = Winning I guess.

Could be a bit risky. Their TOS States you must be a US citizen :) But if you can bypass that then good luck!

(i) A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1]; or

• @makanenzo10 said:

(i) A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1]; or

Well technically I will be soon anyway as my fiancee lives in the US.

• @MonsteR said:
    Well technically I will be soon anyway as my fiancee lives in the US.

:D

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

I Love BigRock and hover.com

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

+1 for Dynadot

• Az.pl