Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Venture Beta Test
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Venture Beta Test

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
edited March 2015 in Offers

A few of you may know me from my previous venture I started: Fliphost.net. Now I am looking for a few people to take my new venture through the signup process and standard usage for a few days and report any problems that might be found. I do not believe there are any at this time. 100% free during this period

Few highlights:

1 current location: Seattle
OpenVZ with KVM planned
Create your own servers out of a pool of resources
IPv4 and IPv6 - (Fully owned directly from ARIN)
Change resources on the fly

If you are interested in trying it out and providing some feedback signup @ http://impactvps.com/ for the VDR 4 plan. Use promocode: BETA.

Please submit any problems or feedback through ticket once you have signed up. All orders are manually approved.

Comments

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited March 2015

This has to go in offers :) Please edit.

Good luck mate!

Thanked by 1Lee
  • cassacassa Member

Seems pretty interesting. Signed up and will check it out after I've got some sleep

• Also your system spams with 5 emails...

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

Just ordered one.

• LeeLee Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    This has to go in offers :) Please edit.

Good luck mate!

Indeed.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

0xdragon said: Also your system spams with 5 emails...

Will see if I can get them reduced

Thanks for all who have signed up so far. I'm open to any and all feedback.

• MunMun Member

After you sold your last company I don't think you deserve any of my or anyone elses' purchases. Ever since Query Foundry bought your company it has been run into the ground with issues, and lack of good support.

So knowing the above, why do you think that anyone should purchase or try your product if you are just going to sell it in a few months/years down the road?

Mun said: After you sold your last company I don't think you deserve any of my or anyone elses' purchases. Ever since Query Foundry bought your company it has been run into the ground with issues, and lack of good support.

So knowing the above, why do you think that anyone should purchase or try your product if you are just going to sell it in a few months/years down the road?

My decisions related to Fliphost were always what I thought would be best for the company and its customers. Please keep in mind I ran Fliphost solo for 2 years before I even entertained the idea of merging or selling to another group. I added many features to Fliphost while I was there changed to full SSD, one of the first to offer storage servers here, full BMR backups that were client restoreable, managed DNS, offloaded SQL and more. I sold to Query Foundry because frankly I needed help. Fliphost was growing and there was only so much I could do solo. The fact that Query Foundry was also in the middle of a transition to everything rented to fully owned network and hardware excited me. I could be part of something growing and remain with what I created. Now I cannot speak to issues that are happening with QF now, though I have seen the threads, up until when I left I felt the quality of support was pretty good when I was on shift. I am fully committed to this and have learned a lot since I first started Fliphost. I plan to do this one right and do as I have always done. Run it the way it is best for both the customers and the company itself.

I am opening to talking about any and all concerns. Feel free to email me,open a ticket or pm me if you want to discuss it more.

Thanked by 3BBTN 0xdragon Fusionist
  • @Awmusic12635 said:
    I am opening to talking about any and all concerns. Feel free to email me,open a ticket or pm me if you want to discuss it more.

I loved Fliphost before QF bought it. Query Foundry is a dodgy as hell operation.

0xdragon said: I loved Fliphost before QF bought it. Query Foundry is a dodgy as hell operation.

Then I hope you will enjoy my newest venture just as much if not more.

• SadySady Member

Just ordered one,

Not sure why it got marked as Fraud :(

• Just ordered one.

Cannot get the verification email :D

Sady said: Just ordered one,

Not sure why it got marked as Fraud :(

Have you opened a ticket?

windytime90 said: Just ordered one.

Cannot get the verification email :D

Double checked all spam folders? Email typed correctly?

• Ordered one 4gb plan and received the confirmation.
    very smooth. But why total 6 emails for an order?

mashokk369 said: Ordered one 4gb plan and received the confirmation. very smooth. But why total 6 emails for an order?

1 is an email verification email that is only sent on first signup and when you change your email. Another is a client welcome email that I just disabled.

• mashokk369mashokk369 Member
    edited March 2015

Created single VM using full resources.

root@dms:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz

Number of cores : 4

CPU frequency : 2399.824 MHz

Total amount of ram : 3962 MB

Total amount of swap : 9814 MB

System uptime : 6 min,

Download speed from CacheFly: 29.2MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 2.38MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 50.8MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 15.7MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.88MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 12.8MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.51MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 111MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 84.1MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 33.4MB/s

I/O speed : 1.0 GB/s

WOW!!

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • nadznadz Member

Beta test over?

nadz said: Beta test over?

Still running. I added a few more uses of the promocode for the beta just now

I also would like to mention that all those in the beta that open a ticket with useful feedback will receive something extra once the beta is over.

• Dragoon0309Dragoon0309 Member
    edited March 2015

I'm an idiot xD

Dragoon0309 said: Seems it expired,

It only only applies to the VDR4 plan

• Dragoon0309Dragoon0309 Member
    edited March 2015

My bad! I just woke up ;)

• Received the gift offer. Nice.
    I am taking it

Thanks

mashokk369 said: Received the gift offer. Nice. I am taking it

Happy to hear it, make sure you don't forget to open a ticket to claim it.

• Ticket opened. But is that not automatic for those who given the feedback and received free month credit offer?