Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123COM » KVM in Kansas City - FREE DIRECTADMIN - LET/B Special Offer!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123COM » KVM in Kansas City - FREE DIRECTADMIN - LET/B Special Offer!

imagineimagine Member
edited May 2012 in Offers

Who are we?
We are a UK based company, operating in the hosting industry for the last 6 years. Having opened our initial UK cPanel hosting services in 2007, we have built up a loyal customer base which enables us to provide amazing levels of service at affordable prices.

123COM LP is a Limited Partnership, made up of a managerial team who not only have a passion for our company, but a passion for what they do. Each of them loves nothing more than to see 123COM develop every day.

Our clients experience support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, regardless of seasonal holidays. Telephone support is available within business hours - and we pride ourselves on always being there for you.

Hosting is an ever-developing industry - and our aim is to always offer you the latest technology at the best possible rates.

Contact Us.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0) 844 686 9852 (Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM GMT)

Our Clients.
It is important to stress that these are unmanaged services, and therefore we will not perform any administration of your virtual server. Hands-on time is available however. Our role is to maintain VPS performance and keep our network online - while our staff will often go above and beyond to assist, these packages are best suited to knowledgeable server administrators.

The legal stuff.
Our full and detailed Legal Documentation is available online at http://123com.org/legal - however, a summary of network limits is below:

• IRC / IRCd is not permitted on our networks at this time;
  • Denial of Service or similar attacks will result in total service termination, as well as correct legal action being followed with your local Cybercrime enforcement;
  • If it's illegal in the UK, and the location of the server, it's not allowed;
  • Adult Content is permitted, but there is an application form to ensure local legal compliance;

Our Virtual Servers.
We always try to utilize the best equipment for each individual product - which is also limited by what hardware is available at each of our locations.

Test Files:
- Kansas City: http://63.141.234.204/bigtest.tgz (124MB)

The KVM plans. » VIEW PLAN COMPARISON PAGE «

All packages come with a range of Operating System ISO's - which you can see on the plan comparison page above - as well as the SolusVM control panel to manage your services.
You may, with a support ticket, mount and instal your own custom ISO image - and Windows Server and Home editions are permitted with valid licensing.
If the plans fail to meet your needs, for instance HDD, or bandwidth, we will happily customise the offer if you email us on the address above.

★ KVM512 ★
▪ 512MB of Dedicated RAM
▪ 10GB of RAID10 Protected HDD
▪ 1TB @ 100MBPS Premium Bandwidth
For only £3 a month » ORDER NOW

★ KVM1024 ★
▪ 1024MB of Dedicated RAM
▪ 20GB of RAID10 Protected HDD
▪ 1.5TB @ 100MBPS Premium Bandwidth
For only £5 a month » ORDER NOW
However, to bring it to just under the $7 limit, use promo: LEBKVMRELEASE

Both of these plans now have FREE DirectAdmin, just open a support ticket after provisioning to receive the license information. (Note, may take upto 48 hours to go through).

Also, we will be releasing a special offer DirectAdmin VPS to the LowEndBox editors soon.

Do feel free to ask any questions, and if there is something you're looking for which we don't cover in the plans on our site - we will happily customise a solution for you.

As always, have a great day.

Yours,
Leyton @ 123COM

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2012

24 gb ram on Xeon E3-1240?

• imagineimagine Member

@key12 said: 24 gb ram on Xeon E3-1240?

Oops, there goes my copy-pasting from the older ad - thanks for pointing that one out.

The Jacksonville options were running the E3-1240's, but as we aren't offering any more there, they ran with 16GB of RAM.

I'll remove it as to prevent confusion.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

ya, :D

• AsadAsad Member

Just bought a KVM1024.

• imagineimagine Member

@AsadHaider said: Just bought a KVM1024.

Glad to hear it - do let us know if you run into any difficulties :)

• 5 British pounds = 8.03600 U.S. dollars

• imagineimagine Member
    edited May 2012

@VMPort said: 5 British pounds = 8.03600 U.S. dollars

@123COM said: However, to bring it to just under the $7 limit, use promo: LEBKVMRELEASE

That removes 15%, bringing it to just over $6.

Thanks,
    LR

• shunnyshunny Member

How is this so cheap? I have rarely seen these prices, even with special offers... Nothing against it, but just wanted to ask. :)

• AsadAsad Member

@shunny said: How is this so cheap? I have rarely seen these prices, even with special offers... Nothing against it, but just wanted to ask. :)

Yeah, I wondered that too.

• imagineimagine Member

@shunny said: How is this so cheap? I have rarely seen these prices, even with special offers... Nothing against it, but just wanted to ask. :)

Well, the prices reflect the cost of supply; we get a very good deal with WholeSaleInternet in KC.

Matching that with the income of our existing clients, and our other products, we can work to develop systems capable of handling clients at a low cost - without the need to oversell the nodes.

• shunnyshunny Member

Cool. Well, I am really tempted to give your service a try, especially with the free DirectAdmin. But I think I will do a tad bit more research. :)

• yomeroyomero Member

Maybe you can clear the issues of some people at the last LEB post before posting a new offer.

• imagineimagine Member

@yomero said: Maybe you can clear the issues of some people at the last LEB post before posting a new offer.

As far as we are aware all of the issues with the KVM Jacksonville are cleared up - we have approached and accredited all effected clients, and moved them to our far more stable Kansas City location - where we have thus far received little complaint.

Obviously, if there are clients still experiencing issues, they are welcomed to open a ticket, and we will resolve them ASAP - however, @yomero, I believe that all involved should now be reimbursed and/or online by now.

The issue in itself is regrettable, as are all "issues", but only new clients were effected, where there was a problem at the provisioning stage - which meant that noone was offline or lost data as a result, there was just an extended wait to receive the services, something which has been resolved over the last month, and we are ready for further orders with instant setup.

Thanks for your comments :)

• yomeroyomero Member

@123COM said: Thanks for your comments :)

Is all is solved, then thanks to you.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member

any chance of deals like this within europe?

• AsadAsad Member

Any plans to support Windows?

• imagineimagine Member

@djvdorp said: any chance of deals like this within europe?

This is something we have been looking at more and more recently, we are looking for the right place to host it at the moment, that means we don't have to have a large price difference - but, yes, it's on the cards.

@AsadHaider said: Any plans to support Windows?

We support Windows at the moment, if you use your own ISO and licensing - though we're looking at extending some of our internal company TechNet volume licenses for monthly lease.

First on our list is to push our new systems through (support, wiki, etc), as well as the new website. Then we're looking into the pricing and requirements for large-scale Windows deployment.

• debugdebug Member
    edited May 2012

I just got their 512MB KVM package, so I'll write down my experience as it happens. I'm installing a Debian 6.0 image using their "auto install" iso. (Instructions are on this page: http://p1.stacklet.com/config/chooser/ ). I also put in my ticket for a DirectAdmin license.

edit: dd test:

root@redwood:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 66.7719 s, 16.1 MB/s

Using the "debian-6.0.4-amd64-netinst.iso"

edit2: ran test again, disk I/O doubled to around 30MB/s.

• shunnyshunny Member

@debug i guess its reasonable for the price :P

• imagineimagine Member

@debug said: edit2: ran test again, disk I/O doubled to around 30MB/s.

Please also note that unless requested, this is without VirtIO enabled, which usually makes a considerable amount of difference. If you are experiencing low IO on the default IDE setup, please feel free to open a ticket and request VirtIO to be enabled on your account.

Thanks,
    LR

• is it normal to have cachefly dl speed at < 1M/s? I notice it happens at certain time of the day.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@debug: please give us io test after VirtIO enabled
    @cosmicgate: it's not normal

• imagineimagine Member

@cosmicgate said: is it normal to have cachefly dl speed at < 1M/s? I notice it happens at certain time of the day.

That's not normal - well unless Cachefly get particularly 'loaded' at some point during the day, which I doubt.

There might be something wrong with the settings on your VPS - or we our network might limit your speeds for some reason: open a ticket if it's causing you trouble, and we'll take a look.

Thanks,
    RP

• debugdebug Member

@sonic said: @debug: please give us io test after VirtIO enabled

root@redwood:~# date
    Sun May 13 12:17:41 EDT 2012
    root@redwood:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; rm test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 31.1829 s, 34.4 MB/s

However, last night I was getting around 70MB/s.

However, I'm not sure if I had to do something client-side, or if it was a host node only type thing.

• imagineimagine Member

@debug said: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 31.1829 s, 34.4 MB/s

@debug said: However, last night I was getting around 70MB/s.

We usually aim to get all VPS's averaging around 50MB - 60MB/s when using VirtIO on KVM nodes.

If that's still proving an issue - do feel free to open a ticket, and we can either take steps if it is a node-level problem, or modify your VPS to gain a higher IO rate.

Thanks for your comments, once again :)

• syamansyaman Member

I got a Kansas City KVM VPS with 123COM a day ago. After I messed up my VPS (made it unbootable with bad editing of /etc/fstab :p ), Leyton quickly reinstalled and even set up the free DirectAdmin for me. Welcome the good support :)

• imagineimagine Member

@syaman said: Welcome the good support :)

Thank you for your positive comments - again, feedback is always appreciated.

Should you run into any further issues, feel free to open a ticket.

Thanks,
    RP

• imagineimagine Member

Hi there,

Just as a note, our free DirectAdmin offer has now expired - all DA licenses are free for life, however now require a ~$6 setup fee (to prevent widespead abuse).

Thanks,
    LR

• l2o88jl2o88j Member

My ticket it still not answered :(