Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High RAM Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High RAM Provider

CiriumCirium Member
edited July 2012 in Providers

Hello everyone. I'll make it quick. I am looking for a High RAM OVZ Provider within the united states.

I am currently looking for

-5GB of RAM
-1TB of bandwidth (Minimum)
-10GB Disk

I am currently with ChicagoVPS, for $20 a month I get 4GB of ram, 2TB of bandwidth, 50GB Disk.
However, the problem is, after talking with their staff, they seem to not offer anything above 4GB.
4GB RAM doesn't seem to be cutting it. So, I'm looking for 5GB of RAM.

I have looked everywhere around here trying to find a cheap provider with 5GB of RAM for less than $30 (Im shooting for 30)

Now I know its unlikely, but if anyone knows a provider with my requirements, or close to it I would love you to death if you could list them below.

-Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

RamNode custom plan? You probably won't find anything cheaper than $30.

• NickMNickM Member

Just wondering.... what are you doing that you need that much RAM? The solution to memory problems doesn't always have to be "throw more RAM at it", you know...

Thanked by 2klikli Mon5t3r
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

try to PM @mistert . he mentioned before he provides high ram somewhere

• CiriumCirium Member

@AsadHaider

Thanks. It helps. I have contacted them. However I feel that I may not have much luck. They seem to be sold out of all their VPS's starting with 1GB of RAM.

@NickM
    I actually run a popular minecraft server for a couple friends of mine. And surprisingly enough it does use that much RAM.

@jcaleb
    Will be contacting him shortly.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Cirium said: I actually run a popular minecraft server for a couple friends of mine. And surprisingly enough it does use that much RAM.

What if you change virtualization? E.g. get a 2GB or 3GB KVM/XEN/OVZ+vswap ?

• CiriumCirium Member

That could be a possibility.

However, according to my experience that will not differ the RAM under any circumstances.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

Hold on.... how about location?

edit: here man is mistert website, you get get i think upto 8gb but in germany http://www.de-punkt.de/?pid=1000767&mode=vserver

his let offer post: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3490/individual-kvm-based-vps-located-in-germany-starting-at-477usd-379-eur

• NickMNickM Member

Ah, minecraft. Throw more RAM at it.

• @Cirium said: -5GB of RAM

-1TB of bandwidth (Minimum)
    -10GB Disk

Build your own dedi + colocation?

• @Cirium said: High RAM OVZ

And you know Java does not work too well with OVZ right? You probably only need 2GB of RAM to run this same server if you have used Xen or KVM...

Thanked by 1klikli
  • TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

nvm.

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited July 2012

@NickM
    well, what else can you do righ? I have used Xen VPS's and are currently on the OpenVZ (Due to ChicagoVPS's sick deal). I still end up needing high RAM like this.

@zhuanyi
    I'm to broke to afford that.

@NinjaHawk
    Minecraft.

• AsadAsad Member

@Cirium If it's for minecraft, buy a kimsufi/hetzner, or if you want something US based then how about the $35 Dual Opteron 2216 datashack server?

https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Wait for IPXCore to roll out the configure it yourself, perhaps they will support ram as high as this.

• @AsadHaider said: If it's for minecraft, buy a kimsufi/hetzner, or if you want something US based then how about the $35 Dual Opteron 2216 datashack server?

@Cirium Here is your solution :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • CiriumCirium Member

@AsadHaider
    cool. I like that idea. I wasn't aware any dedicated server could be so low in price.

@jcaleb
    I have just under a month before my ChicagoVPS expires. Hopefully its sometime soon.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Cirium I think what you like about ChicagoVPS is the price, have you tried pleading with Chris or jshinkle to give you 1GB more?

• u4iau4ia Member

Joe's Datacenter will colo a mid-tower for $50.month, and I'm pretty sure I saw a coupon floating around that would bring it to $40. Just a thought.

• luke_hluke_h Member

Hello Cirium.

May I offer you my company wares? http://www.creeperhost.net
    We have exactly what you are looking for :P We sell Minecraft hosting on Virtual Private Servers. Go give it a go :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

DixHost can probably set you up with 1TB ram for $4.50.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • @zhuanyi said: And you know Java does not work too well with OVZ right? You probably only need 2GB of RAM to run this same server if you have used Xen or KVM...

Where'd you get this from?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Try also the morher of summer posted by ninjahawk

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1173899

Thanked by 1jar
  • luke_hluke_h Member

@jarland 1TB of Ram eh? That would be nice :P
    @Brandon +1

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited July 2012

@jcaleb
    I have with jshinkle and he doesn't seem to budge. Will be seeing if Chris is around somewhere. And well yeah, why not get the best price you can.
    @u4ia
    Used them before. They're not bad. Considering that aswell.
    @luke_h
    Looking into it.
    @jarland
    Looks okay, however if crap ever went down, I only speak English.
    @Brandon
    The last time I was on Xen I needed 3GB of RAM, and I only had a few players back then. Now I have 3 times that many players. I'm not so sure about that.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I hope you find a good home soon.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

another, try pm bijian of http://neuronhosting.com they specialized on minecraft
    they seem to have 6GB. priced at 54$ but you might get some arrangement

• TazTaz Member

@jcaleb mother of memory :D

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Look for a cloud ... but it will cost you more than 30 dollars. Pick up a dataschack server ... starting at 35 dollars a month and get the 8 gb ram package. Total will be 45 dollars a month ... this will be the cheapest solution.

• vdnetvdnet Member

Cirium,

What's your physpages count in /proc/user_beancounters?

I bet our application servers could do wonders for you. Usually we see up to 20% less RAM usage than Xen and up to 30% less RAM usage than UBC for application hosting, so 5GB UBC could potentially fit on 3GB.

• CiriumCirium Member

@vdnet

physpages 190057 845819 0 2147483647