Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any budget leb or just vpn from Sweden?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any budget leb or just vpn from Sweden?

Looking for something similar to LowEndSpirit vps but from Sweden. Mainly I just want to use an openvpn for occasional Netflix streaming.
It doesn't have to be 3 EUR yearly but I def want something with a single digit.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I was looking to expend LES in Sweeden, but really expensive cost of leasing and colocation, unfortunately. Will see in future...

Thanked by 1charos
  • RizRiz Member
    edited March 2015

@Abdullah from HostHatch has VMs in Sweden but I don't think their are any NAT options. I believe something could be done for <$20/year.

Thanked by 1charos
  • I've seen this thread. It's close to my requirements but I don't need a dedicated ip or 256MB ram or bitpay payment , so I thought to make a new thread.

• RA4WRA4W Member

@davidgestiondbi said:
    I was looking to expend LES in Sweeden, but really expensive cost of leasing and colocation, unfortunately. Will see in future...

Colocation is not that bad, leasing servers are tho.

• charos said: I've seen this thread

Seen but probably not read :) Or you think someone tell you something new?

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited March 2015

RA4W said: Colocation is not that bad, leasing servers are tho.

Colocation is alright indeed, but still more expensive than for example The Netherlands. Everything else is more expensive too though, due to higher taxes, less competition and such. I don't think a €3/yr deal would be that profitable in Sweden, sure it would be doable, but I don't see a reason for someone to do it. It's just not worth it.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi fitvpn
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

LES/LEB isn't profitable in Sweeden due to high IP cost. Approx 65$ for /27 ipv4 and even BW and Electricity cost a lot :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@davidgestiondbi said:
    LES/LEB isn't profitable in Sweeden due to high IP cost. Approx 65$ for /27 ipv4 and even BW and Electricity cost a lot :(

Don't forget that many of the Swedish providers (that I looked at and talked to) don't offer IPv6 (yet).
    Good luck trying.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • LV426LV426 Member

FrootVPN.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

davidgestiondbi said: LES/LEB isn't profitable in Sweeden due to high IP cost. Approx 65$ for /27 ipv4 and even BW and Electricity cost a lot :(

IPs directly from RIPE cost the same in all European countries. Some countries (Romania) have cheap addresses from other sources, but is not the norm. Resilans in Sweden is pretty cheap too.

Yeah, there are higher costs in Sweden (electricity, taxes, salaries), but IP addresses aren't one of them ;)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

When I did me "market research" on Swedish providers who rent servers/vps, the exchange rate as it is now is ridiculou, the cost of the hardware and bandwidth is insane.

The market itself is not saturated which makes the prizes from current Providers higher, just because they can. If there are more providers willing and able to spend some cash on hardware and colocate. I think there is a chance to take a big lump of the market.

• LV426 said: FrootVPN.

I second that. Using their free tier and very happy. Good speed, IPv6 and generally good.

• @LV426 said:
    FrootVPN.

wow! exactly what I needed ...and free! tested it and speeds are good as well

• charoscharos Member
    edited March 2015

@fitvpn said: Or you think someone tell you something new?

Yes, I was expecting some new input! FrootVPN was the right answer :)

• charos said: wow! exactly what I needed ...and free!

Free version not stable with caps and limitations, if it OK for you

• @fitvpn said: Free version not stable with caps and limitations, if it OK for you

Yeah, just realized it doesn't work with Netflix. That's a bummer.

• ChuckChuck Member

@charos said:

wow! exactly what I needed ...and free! tested it and speeds are good as well.

Not free anymore.

• @Chuck said:Not free anymore.

It is kinda free. What I did is select other payments instead of paypal. This creates the account but you don't have to pay. It gives you an OpenVPN file for Sweden but for Netflix is throws a technical error message.

• Did someone tried this - https://www.worldvpn.net

They have many locations Worldwide.