Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad.net - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad.net

Comments

• @telephone said: Last one was in February. But saying they won/tied the top provider award in the past, I figured they at least deserved a mention.

Always been there, together with BuyVM and the rest. Thanks for mentioning them btw

• @rgenzon said: I'm still looking for more info, if there's anything else I'd need to know, I'll send an e-mail soon.

More Information:

• Dylan is on tech support almost all the time I use it (either that or I just get lucky every time)
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

i would go with hostigation. my box there is so snappy and great uptime.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@FTN_Kevin, is Sierra with RAID1 or RAID10?

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited July 2012

@ihatetonyy said: URPad are great in Los Angeles. I had a VPS with them in LA for a month and dropped it only because I didn't have a use for it. IO speeds were A++.

Thanks!

@HostBluff said: +45.2 for URPad

Keith, thanks a million! We value the continued partnership with HostBluff.

@jshinkle said: My pleasure. It's been good, stable, and fast for what we need it to do :)

Great. I'm glad to hear that we're meeting your needs!

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Do you mean the server load?

No, its a figure of speech, for example "+1 for Company" - Keith likes to be unique ;)

@LAKid said: is Sierra with RAID1 or RAID10?

Sierra is on RAID10.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

But I wish I could have a urpad in the near future

Thanked by 1laaev
  • LAKidLAKid Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin this is why I'm confused.
    Our hardware node is RAID1 Configuration with 100Mbit port speed, Urpad

• laaevlaaev Member

@LAKid said: this is why I'm confused.

Our hardware node is RAID1 Configuration with 100Mbit port speed, Dylan Shelton

I know you had multiple VPS's with us, some were on RAID1 before so perhaps Dylan was misinformed, disk IO tests will show its RAID10, I know personally that Sierra is RAID10.

I'll definitely speak with Dylan about this.

• LAKidLAKid Member

It's not a big deal, but you mentioned above that the i/o supposed to be around 100, but I never had close to even 60(not a big deal really), so I just wanted to know.
    No complaints, no buts, anyway..:)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited July 2012

Just ran a dd test on Sierra and got 150 MB/s, are you sure running it on your VPS with us not another provider? Feel free to log a ticket so we can investigate if there are any processes inside of your VPS causing that, the host node itself is getting about 150 MB/s and OVZ has little to no overhead so you should be seeing the same result.

[root@sierra ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=64k conv=fdatasync
    65536+0 records in
    65536+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.29031 seconds, 147 MB/s

• buyoqbuyoq Member

i like Urpad.In fact, my first VPS was with them.
    never faced any issue before but the reason why i cancelled is because i needed an IRC enabled VPS..

Thanked by 1laaev
  • laaevlaaev Member

@buyoq said: i like Urpad.In fact, my first VPS was with them.

Thanks Buyoq.

We are honored to hear that your first VPS was with us. We'd welcome you back at anytime :)

• LAKidLAKid Member

@FTN_Kevin, ticket was opened and closed. started and ended with 55mb/s.
    Dylan knows. Better stop here. thanks.

• syamansyaman Member

Hrm so is a DD result of 55/MBsec considered unacceptably slow? I think I have a low end dedi with a score just slightly higher than that :p

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

@syaman said: Hrm so is a DD result of 55/MBsec considered unacceptably slow? I think I have a low end dedi with a score just slightly higher than that :p

No. Its just than so many providers have upgraded that 55mb/s is not the norm anymore. Before, 3 digits io is so wow.... but now if you dont have 3 digits peple will complain....

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited July 2012

No complaints, @FTN_Kevin said it should be 3 digits, but I've got constantly 55, so just wondering where he gets those speed on same node. @jcaleb thanks again.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • tommytommy Member

btw 55 MB/s not enough for you?

let say you got 200 MB/s do you ever use near that for read/write?

one of my VPS only 30-40 MB/s but I'm really happy with that

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

@tommy said: btw 55 MB/s not enough for you?

Where did you get this from? LAKid just expressed personal experience with certain node which differs from what was said by host representative and nothing more than that.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited July 2012

Yup, when host said 3 digits, but I am getting 55, so I asked, that's all.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@rgenzon said: Hello guys, I was looking at LEB for providers that's located in Los Angeles. So far I think urpad looks promising. Have you tried them? Can you guys give a review / benchmark / uptime stat.

I've used UrPad before and I haven't had any major problems with them at all really :)

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller laaev
  • Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered one :)

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • flyfly Member

let us know how it goes!

• Network speed is fast plus it's closer to my place compared to my previous LEB provider. Great deal, really :)

Support questions were also answered within a matter of 30 minutes. Can't go wrong with that ;)

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • TazTaz Member

Best of luck mate!

• Hostigation in LAX.

• @Wintereise said: Hostigation in LAX.

Thanks, already managed to buy a VPS from URPad :)

• @NinjaHawk said: Best of luck mate!

Thanks!

• Bought a VPS from URPad today, very nice. However, could use node ipv6 support ;)

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • windows vps suck with them, it took 7 days and they could not figure out why my cpu was idling at 100% which was unusable this was a vanilla install too

• @davidnz: Did you submit a ticket?

Thanked by 1TheHackBox