Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IRC for Webhosting related chat project
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IRC for Webhosting related chat project

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
edited October 2011 in General

Hey !,
I'm not sure if any of these exist or maby i'm just not aware of their existence.

I had this idea in mind to make a public IRC for webhosting based discussion (VPS's , Dedi etc)

Anyone interested in providing a VM for this ? Even a small 128 MB or lower VPS will do, as I will just be running Cherokee (To run a web page with small info about the IRC) and Unreal IRCD.

Note : Before donating your VM, please be sure that you may not require it in the future and also that you provider allows it and last but not least, that it's paid for.

Comments

• I think we have about 6 public channels around that were created for LEB/LET users.

For example: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/44/lowendtalk-on-irc/

• drmike said: I think we have about 6 public channels around that were created for LEB/LET users

Yeah, true - everyone want to OWN something :) Ideally would be that LEA personally open channel on some network like freenode and maybe give operator status to few more active/regular LEB/LET/IRC visitors. That way community wouln't be splitted on few wanna-be-cool private IRC networks neither would anyone own anything.

@SpeedBus wouldn't be better to make such channel on some bigger/popular IRC network because people dislike to have openened plenty and plenty IRC clients for every single network... People which hang per ages on few networks/channels simple aren't willing to open new permanent irc session for "another" network with few half idle people. It's simply too many of them.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

Hmm.. That's true :)