Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you guys think about our site? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you guys think about our site?

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@NinjaHawk said: Cheap, Affordable and Quality Linux VPS?

Come to think of it... the original slogan is ok after reading it many times. btw, the theme of your site is not corporate but a little fun. it reminds me of hostigation site. which is ok also.

@NinjaHawk said: Any example? May be a Table based system like https://ninjahawk.net/roadmap.html?

Sorry. I was viewing it as maximized in widescreen monitor, hence the eye movement. now it is not maximized and it looks ok. but my complain is https://ninjahawk.net/features.html too much wordings for me. maybe make it look more simple and fun like the ones in Head First books?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

btw, you mentioned from $7 in home, but the package are from 10

• TazTaz Member

@jcaleb said: btw, you mentioned from $7 in home, but the package are from 10

I have a new plan (Lower package) that is supposed to come out. If not, I will simply add a 30% lifetime discount code and save all those editing headache.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@jcaleb said: Sorry. I was viewing it as maximized in widescreen monitor, hence the eye movement. now it is not maximized and it looks ok. but my complain is https://ninjahawk.net/features.html too much wordings for me. maybe make it look more simple and fun like the ones in Head First books?

I will take a look into it. But a mind offering a hand mate?
    And this is the new motto simple yet corporate. Most of the heavily designed sites turns out to be dead pool. While the simple ones survived. (buyvm, hostgation and some others).
    Will be frank, I actually wanted to rip buyvm ( @francisco ) for some reason.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

This is a sample text from headfirst books.
    it has details, but still simple and fun to read =)

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

This part should probably not out of the box/border:

• TazTaz Member

@NanoG6 said: This part should probably not out of the box/border:

This is eventually a whmcs theme error. I will try to work on more customization if i get some time. Issue actually appears on smaller screen. Need something fluid.

• TazTaz Member

Any think else guys?
    So far we need to fix,
    -Contents random capitalization
    -Optimize Features page
    -Custom error page.

The rest has been taken cared off. Besides whmc theme mismatching on smaller screen.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

can you ajax the right side? it feels awkward the menu refreshes and then open the sidemenu last clicked =)

edit: sorry, @telephone already mentioned it in his comment #2

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@jcaleb said: can you ajax the right side? it feels awkward the menu refreshes and then open the sidemenu last clicked =)

Not really great with ajax. :(

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@NinjaHawk said: Issue actually appears on smaller screen

I'm on 1280 screen. That's not small!

• TazTaz Member

That's strange. It appears fine on my 17 inch but not on your big display. Hmm.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

latest chrome on mac.

http://cl.ly/I9CQ

• TazTaz Member

hmm. strange.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

reminds me too much of www.hawkhost.com

• TazTaz Member

Why so?

• dirkdirk Member

It would be nice to know more about the datacenter location then "USA"

• TazTaz Member

Location will be updated. We will have 2 location. <7/mo vps will be locate at NC while >7$/mo will be hosted on Texas.

• TazTaz Member

@dirk Location updated. Please Check now. don't forget to flush your cache ;)

• Why is the smallest plan the only one available in NC?

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@dmmcintyre3 we were able to get better deal over there which helped us to cut cost and offer lowend plans. Plus I personally, I wanted to tryout a new location. This would help us in near future when we plan to expand on more than 2 different location and later all plans will be available on both location .

• ztecztec Member
    edited July 2012

It looks almost identical to the back-end of a site I have, very strange to see.
    Same smarty template I guess.

• PADPAD Member

http://zensix.com/

Reminds me too much.

So I'm assuming you're using a template/kit.

• TazTaz Member

@Pad and @ztec I have clearly stated that it is not a custom theme but a highly customized admin theme.
    @Pad why should it remind you of zensix? The only thing I find common is that we both use left sidebar style menus. While from menus design to color, border dropdown, everything is helluva lot different.

• PADPAD Member

The way a site is partitioned is probably one of the most distinctive features when it comes to web designs, if you ask me.

And yes it reminds me of that template/theme even more so, I've seen it used way too much, and even with any level of customization the elements are exactly the same which is what makes my memory surface.

• TazTaz Member

@PAD care to elaborate what your issue is exactly? I have mentioned more than once that this is not an unique theme but the way we have executed this site is unique. And so thus the customization. Person who did the work has indeed done a great job.
    Unless you have something useful to discuss about, don't bother commenting. You keep pointing to the fact ( the one I have never denied nor claimed to be an issue).

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

When I saw the question mark on your sentence I just assumed you where asking me a question, so at the end of my comment I did indeed add "If you ask me."

I don't really care since its your site to do with it what you will, but you asked the question "What do you guys think about our site?" and I'm giving you my answer - From my previous experience and viewing of this template being used all over the web, the minimal amount of customization - although you do claim to have 'highly customized' the website in reality there is absolutely no difference, its a matter of replacing content. That doesn't seem professional IMO.

http://i.minus.com/iAEceA66jMKdb.png - I took the liberty of pointing out what I'm talking about.

Sorry for being logical.

• TazTaz Member

@pad
    Identical contents-> Navigation Bar, Basic Structure, alert box (will be replaced with a nice jquiry popup).

Left/right content box->Not available on our site.
    copyright->Well isn't that a common position?
    Frontpage Why us table-> Not the same as the one you are pointing. We are using a bit more customized table while the why us on frontpage inspiration was taken from multiple hosting sites i have visited in the past. Actually our original site hostcell.net used to have why us on the front page aswell. Code has been re-used, but with different usage. Customize only doesn't have to be with the maid structure, it can be anything from usage to positioning.

The site was not supposed to look professional. but easy and simple to use and navigate. (Inspiration goes to @Francisco and @miTgiB ).

Anything you would like to point out which is not worthy of explaining?

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

@NinjaHawk

Its all the same CSS file, you're just not calling it in HTML because it isn't needed, leaving things out doesn't fall under customization, because you aren't changing anything or adding anything unique.

The 'why us' table is just the same - only the dimensions change.

You asked for our opinions, you get mad when they don't go your way - I don't understand why providers open threads like these.

This discussion has been closed.