Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Testing] Minstall Version 2.0 Testing, Suggestions & Bug Reporting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Testing] Minstall Version 2.0 Testing, Suggestions & Bug Reporting

2»

Comments

• If you you take take a look in the extras folder I've already made an installation script:)

• zserozsero Member
    edited July 2012

Ok, I didn't look in there.

• does it work with no directory added? I'd prefer to install phpmyadmin on a subdomain on it's own, with no subdirectory added.

There is a bug in configure-upgrade: clean common should be the last one, not the first one, that's the whole point :-)

php_max_input_time might be required for long uploads (just in the docs), here is a question I've asked in SO:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11387113/php-file-upload-affected-or-not-by-max-input-time

Possibly with nginx it's not required, but I haven't done testing myself.

An other possible bug: isn't it a problem that the www-data is not removed until the user requires it? I mean the default host option is there, as well as the protect module, what doesn't work on www-data. Shouldn't it be removed by default, as well as cleaned with the clean script?

• zserozsero Member

Also, the most important feature request: can you make it run like this?

bash minstall.sh -u install-extra-repositories

bash minstall.sh -u clean-packages

The best of both worlds!

And an other important feature request: can you implement changing of the SSH port in configure-ssh? I've seen that you had some code in minstall 1.0 but it was commented out for some reason.

• Will be using this after work; always wanted PMA working from a simple bash minstall.sh xxxxxx rather than the tedious task of installing PMA...

• zserozsero Member

@eastonch:
    bash minstall.sh manage-remove-host-system needs to be run after install to fix a bug (already reported to max).

• I'll hold off until it's fixed @zsero!