Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh No ! LEB !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oh No ! LEB !

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
edited October 2011 in General

Hey,

I was just accessing LEB, looking at the new offers by the providers..

and :
http://imgair.net/i/20111027154944105.png

Is it just me ?

Edit : It's back :D I guess it must be just a reboot ? http://imgair.net/i/20111027155208775.png

Comments

• this happens alot at Cloudflare. it also happens with my sites.

• Expect shitloads of downtime with cf..

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Ow, I thought CloudFlare has servers in multiple DC's ? So the failure's would be less ? like a CDN ?

• I saw one website so far that has at least several thousands visits per day, and using CF. I came to know from that message. It's also the reason I will never use CF, their claimed cache seems broken and at most of time you will get that message.

• Maybe it's a second where LEB server was busy, if you refresh I guess it will return back

• Estimated number. Go directly to the last page of your search to get the actual number of hits.

edited October 2011

@Aldryic : Wow ! 250,000 is a lot and its estimated ! imagine what the real number of hits would be ! :O

@Intcs : I tried :( Anyway ! It's back now :D

• Couple of my sites who have close to 10k Unique visits a day also use CF but I seem to be getting this error at least once a day.

• SpeedBus said: @Aldryic : Wow ! 250,000 is a lot and its estimated ! imagine what the real number of hits would be ! :O

http://i.imgur.com/86q2h.png - Apparently the real number is 690. Did you -truly- believe there were over 250k individual hits online?

edited October 2011

@ztec : Maby it originates from one of their servers which serve's a particular region and is overloaded ?... Not sure though !

@Aldryic : Oops ! My Bad !

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I've been using Cloudflare for some high-traffic sites and I've never actually had issues with that, except for some situations where the site wasn't directly accessible either due to routing mess-ups etc.

That there are a lot of results for 'cloudflare down' isn't surprising considering the amount of sites that uses Cloudflare nowadays - and you'll have to keep in mind that likely a large part of the users complaining that 'cloudflare is down' are simply having server/routing issues themselves.

• When I google for cloudflare down, only one article on the front top 10 is a complaint about an outage.

• I was wondering why I never get cloudflare error. Turns out I hard coded lowendbox.com's IP address in my hosts file so I am always connecting directly.

If CF continue to be a problem, maybe you can share what lowendbox IP you get (to work out cloudflare's anycast node). Or maybe I will just revert back to non-proxy...

• i got that one today.. last cache is jolly works ads. and sometimes captcha page. :P

• This Pingdom page monitors the main blog. (lowendbox.com) I guess it kind of not accurate enough since Pingdom monitors from multiple locations and so it isn't monitoring the blog at all of CloudFlares 14 data centers.

http://stats.pingdom.com/l9thoqi4oggm/430028/2011/10

• You wouldn't see that message if CF was down. All that means is that the host server took too long to respond. If CF was down, you wouldn't see a message with a CF logo on it because they're servers aren't up to serve that logo. Makes sense.

• *their

Stoopid gramer...

• The IP adresses logged on my site are all CloudFlare IPs I just noticed. Is that because of the proxy? I guess so...

• @ztec said: The IP adresses logged on my site are all CloudFlare IPs I just noticed. Is that because of the proxy? I guess so...

o_O!?
    Wtf?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Lol. There is a way to get past that.

• @ztec said: The IP adresses logged on my site are all CloudFlare IPs I just noticed. Is that because of the proxy? I guess so...

>
    Yeah, it is. CloudFlare has documentation on this: http://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/Log_Files

• This is what I have for my nginx.conf to set the real IP address

set_real_ip_from 204.93.240.0/24;
    set_real_ip_from 204.93.177.0/24;
    set_real_ip_from 199.27.128.0/21;
    set_real_ip_from 173.245.48.0/20;
    set_real_ip_from 103.22.200.0/22;
    set_real_ip_from 141.101.64.0/18;
    real_ip_header X-Forwarded-For;

Anyway. LowEndBox.com is now off CloudFlare -- please check whether the error has gone away.

• Now I got it...
    Lol, I was thinking in something stupid about that :P

Yup the error has gone :) thanks admin !!!

• I fixed the cloudflare thing, thanks guys.

• @LowEndAdmin said: Anyway. LowEndBox.com is now off CloudFlare -- please check whether the error has gone away.

Good step, as I came a to know a while back there's a problem causes pages to frequently stop displaying altogether or to display CF notice page, it's annoying for visitors.