Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndShare.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndShare.com

AmfyAmfy Member
edited July 2012 in General

Hello,

what do you guys think about my new mini-project: http://lowendshare.com/ ?

Of course it isn't completely finished, but I like the idea and the fact that it's based on NodeJS :)

And I need some suggestion for new colors :)

Comments

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

Nice, I like the idea... donations button instead of ads please :)

Thanked by 2Amfy n0my
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

I like how fast it is to actually upload stuff. I selected an image and the download link immediately appeared.

But to be honest i don't link the name.

Also Lorem Ipsum on the front page doesn't seem that professional ;)

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • AmfyAmfy Member
    edited July 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: But to be honest i don't link the name.

Oh, why that?

I thought like Rapidshare - LowEndShare... :P

@BlueVM said: donations button instead of ads please :)

Normally I hate any kind of Ads or donation buttons, but I liked to test how users and sponsors will accept that :)

• @Amfy said: Oh, why that?

Somehow i feel like all those LowEnd* sites are just "nachäffen" LowEndBox. I'm sure you can come up with a more creative name by yourself :)

• ztecztec Member

I have a domain filetastic.net that's about to expire.

• You need to improve the security
    I could easily upload a c99 shell, can get into ur system right now... But not gonna do that ofcourse

Thanked by 2SDH_TREXTOR klikli
  • AmfyAmfy Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: "nachäffen"

:P

Ok, that's right. But I liked to create the service for the LEB / LET community so I picked that name. But I have to see if the team members will hate me for stealing their LowEnd*

@ztec said: I have a domain filetastic.net that's about to expire.

Sounds not so bad!

• ztecztec Member

I had big plans for the domain but the whole megaupload thing turned me off :P

• AmfyAmfy Member

@joodle said: I could easily upload a c99 shell, can get into ur system right now... But not gonna do that ofcourse

Since there is only this project on the server I would be very happy if you give it a try!

Also I think you would only be able to browse/edit/remove files from this project.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

@joodle said: I could easily upload a c99 shell, can get into ur system right now... But not gonna do that ofcourse

Tried to confirm that, but Microsoft Security Essentials didn't let me :'(
    Every time i tried to download a c99 it got deleted right away

Edit: I managed to do that now but it got renamed to a .bin :)

• @Amfy said: Also I think you would only be able to browse/edit/remove files from this project.

True that

@gsrdgrdghd said: Edit: I managed to do that now but it got renamed to a .bin :)

Do the .jpg trick, that will work

• AmfyAmfy Member

@liam said: It converts my files to .bin ;/

I'm trying to detect the mime type rename it. But yes, that isn't the best way, you're right.

Which file extension have you uploaded?

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited July 2012

@Amfy When something is uploaded, you should not put the executable flag on it. That will probably fix most issues with uploading php scripts.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

I don't like the name, how about LowEndFile.com?

This is an upload script I made.. http://fileeasy.co.uk/

Purchased the domain filegrub.com of a member a few weeks ago, planning a more advanced better script for this.

Thanked by 1SrvisLLC
  • AmfyAmfy Member
    edited July 2012

@liam said: Tried to share putty... putty.exe

It's fixed. No your file name doesn't get changed. Please try again :)

@MrLadoodle said: When something is uploaded, you should not put the executable flag on it.

Of course not :)

@MrLadoodle said: That will probably fix most issues with uploading php scripts.

The point is that nginx is delivering the files and I haven't configured PHP for this host so it shouldn't be possible :)

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2012

Maybe you can add an integration with ClamAV - there is whole bunch of third party definition databases for spam/scam/rootkits etc

Beside that you can take a look on this service https://www.transferbigfiles.com/

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • AmfyAmfy Member

@gbshouse said: Maybe you can add an integration with ClamAV - there is whole bunch of third party definition databases for spam/scam/rootkits etc

Very good idea! I have to note that down and implement that when I'm bored :) Thanks.

• SurgeSurge Member

VirusTotal would be even better.

https://www.virustotal.com/documentation/public-api/

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited July 2012

@Surge said:
    VirusTotal would be even better.

That would mean I cannot respect users' privacy since I have to submit the files to an external server?

But anyway, thanks for the tip!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@MrLadoodle said: @Amfy When something is uploaded, you should not put the executable flag on it. That will probably fix most issues with uploading php scripts.

Actually, as far as I am aware, the PHP interpreter is one of the few interpreters that does not respect the executable flag.

• AmfyAmfy Member

@joepie91 said: Actually, as far as I am aware, the PHP interpreter is one of the few interpreters that does not respect the executable flag.

It depends on how you execute it. But that doesn't count here since there is no way to execute it as a normal visitor :)

• tommytommy Member
    edited July 2012

btw, where's the progress ?

uploading the file ... please wait until you get a succeed message! (It depends on your home connection how long it needs)
  • AmfyAmfy Member

@tommy said: btw, where's the progress ?

There is no, but you're right I could try to add one. But the server has a very good connection so uploads shouldn't take so long.

• @AsadHaider said: I don't like the name, how about LowEndFile.com?

This is an upload script I made.. http://fileeasy.co.uk/

Purchased the domain filegrub.com of a member a few weeks ago, planning a more advanced better script for this.

wow, i really like your script!

• AmfyAmfy Member

Hello,
    as I said, the design wasn't completely finished yet. I showed the project to a friend, he liked it, but as it looked like he hated the design :P One day later, he sent me a very nice one he made on his own.

http://lowendshare.com/

What do you think now about it and the redesign? :)

By the way: I'm still looking for a sponsor for the banners, any offers - no matter how high or low - are welcome :)

• SwissCheeseSwissCheese Member
    edited August 2012

@Amfy, the redesign looks great. Whose your provider? The speeds are great aswell.

• This thread is like 2 months old...

• @lele0108 said: This thread is like 2 months old...

So what? The site is still up, just browsing the forums. :) Ongoing discussions.

• AmfyAmfy Member

@SwissCheese said: the redesign looks great.

Thanks.

@SwissCheese said: Whose your provider?

Small German DC. Server is connected by (real) Gigabit.

@SwissCheese said: So what? The site is still up, just browsing the forums. :) Ongoing discussions.

:)

Thanked by 1SwissCheese