Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM

Comments

• @MikHo said: Could be someone trying to make some extra dollars

The link doesn't contain some affiliate parameter so i don't think so.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited July 2012

@mikho - yes we do...

Would someone like to share the link I have yet to find it :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thread is to long to read on my phone :)

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited July 2012

It would seem someone is spouting rumors about BlueVM too... I logged into IRC and people honestly thought BlueVM was going up for sale and that I had some "massive debt" to pay off. Both of those rumors are untrue. Seriously whoever this is they need to grow up and stop with the crap...

@Jack - Nothing about bluevm on that page... maybe WHT is already at work cleaning it up (that'd be nice)

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited July 2012

There is a certain provider, current member of LET, is so jealous about @bluevm, @avante price that he goes to LEB and posting crap, and maybe behind this too.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@BlueVM No matter what you do, your prices are going to attract children. Unfortunate consequences of exceptional pricing.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited July 2012

@jarland - I'm sure, but still even the Chinese resellers are more graceful than that...

Thanked by 1jar
  • @BlueVM said: Chinese resellers

What's wrong with them?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@zhuanyi - Typically they speak poor English which can come off as spammy in nature and typically they ask for discounts on top of an already running special which can be seen as being too cheap in some situations.

• @BlueVM said: Typically they speak poor English which can come off as spammy in nature and typically they ask for discounts on top of an already running special which can be seen as being too cheap in some situations.

Well, why do we running stuff on LEB? Because we are cheap, Chinese or not we like discount and I do not think it is just the Chinese asking for discount.

And not speaking good English = Spammy? Dude, I am sorry to tell you that one of every 5 people in this world speaks Chinese and only 1/3 of that number speaks English (as their first language anyways)

http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/languages.htm

So, I'd suggest you take back your racist attitude and get back to business. That post just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are.

edited July 2012

@zhuanyi It's no secret that spammers are often non-English speakers who live in countries with low labor standards and work for very little money, making China a hotspot for American companies paying them to do their dirty work. So yes, Chinese spammer is a very common thing and they are often the worst because they work for the least.

So grow some thick skin. It's an English forum. If we didn't speak English here we wouldn't complain about Chinese spammers who speak bad English.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@zhuanyi said: So, I'd suggest you take back your racist attitude and get back to business. That post just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are.

>

China man annoyed?

On a serious note its mostly true even if its not the correct thing to say.

• @jarland said: @zhuanyi It's no secret that spammers are often non-English speakers who love in countries with low labor standards and work for very little money, making China a hotspot for American companies paying them to do their dirty work. So yes, Chinese spammer is a very common thing and they are often the worst because they work for the least.

Wouldn't that make the American the spammer, and the Chinese bloke is just trying to make a living?

Thanked by 3Infinity lbft Maounique

@ElliotJ Person pressing the gas pedal and steering the wheel is the driver, not the man holding the gun to his head ;)

• lbftlbft Member

@zhuanyi said: So, I'd suggest you take back your racist attitude and get back to business. That post just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are.

Poor English can appear spammy to an English-language audience, because many spammers don't speak English well or intentionally distort their language to avoid filters. I'd imagine if someone spoke bad Mandarin to a Chinese audience they'd be iffy about it too.

From the little knowledge I have of China, like many parts of the world there tends to be a culture of bargaining. That can conflict with attitudes in other parts of the world that asking for a discount on something already cheap can be considered pointless or even rude.

Pointing out an instance of culture clash doesn't seem racist to me.

• @zhuanyi said: Dude, I am sorry to tell you that one of every 5 people in this world speaks Chinese and only 1/3 of that number speaks English (as their first language anyways)

Very misleading.

• LAKidLAKid Member

Difference is Only chinese speaks Chinese, rest speaks English, go figure..

• TazTaz Member

@zhuanyi said: Dude, I am sorry to tell you that one of every 5 people in this world speaks Chinese and only 1/3 of that number speaks English (as their first language anyways)

Ever heard of birthcontrol? Thats what China and India Been missing for a pretty longtime. Thats what makes the population huge.

• TazTaz Member

Wonder how many actually cares. And even so, with their current population, they can beat the world with even 1 child per couple rule :D

Thanked by 1jar

Granted only about 35% fall under the one child policy.

• AsadAsad Member

This thread is getting weird..

Thanked by 1n0my

BlueVM and government enforced birth control standards.

Seems like a normal LET thread to me.

Thanked by 3Taz HalfEatenPie tux
  • flyfly Member

@LAKid said: Difference is Only chinese speaks Chinese, rest speaks English, go figure..

and that means....

• lawllawl Member

@zhuanyi said: Dude, I am sorry to tell you that one of every 5 people in this world speaks Chinese and only 1/3 of that number speaks English (as their first language anyways)

am i totally high, or is 1/3 more than 1/5?

• @NinjaHawk said: Ever heard of birthcontrol? Thats what China and India Been missing for a pretty longtime. Thats what makes the population huge.

No, you need to read up on this.

• antivenantiven Member
    edited July 2012

@kbar said: and that means....

What he means is that Chinese might be the most spoken language, but its only spoken amongst the Chinese, while English is geographically diverse. I'd argue that this makes English by far more influential than Chinese.

@lawl said: am i totally high, or is 1/3 more than 1/5?

1/3 of 1/5 (i.e. 1/15).

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited July 2012

@zhuanyi - I apologize, I didn't mean anything dis-disdainful to the Chinese people. I was simply stating that to SOME people bad English (typically found among Chinese users in this industry) can be seen as spammy. I personally have nothing against those from China... if I really was racist towards them I wouldn't sell to them.

--
    On a secondary note, for those of you trying to find out if our company is actually registered: http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityDetail.do?quitButtonDestination=BusinessEntityResults&fileId=20121292591&masterFileId=20121292591&srchTyp=ENTITY&entityId2=20121292591&nameTyp=ENT

• @jarland said: It's no secret that spammers are often non-English speakers who live in countries with low labor standards and work for very little money, making China a hotspot for American companies paying them to do their dirty work. So yes, Chinese spammer is a very common thing and they are often the worst because they work for the least.

Seems you are confused between facts and speculations:

Facts: Many of DDOS attacks/spams are originating from Chinese IP.

Speculations: Chinese are DDOSers/spammers who are willing to do anything for cash.

I would agree that there are many people in China who are not running properly licensed Windows which because 1. Windows is too expensive in China (think like if you make 60k USD a year and a Windows license would cost a month of your income), 2. The lack of protection in intellectual properties (heck, even the land ownership is not properly protected there, you only get to use the land but never gets to own the land).

And the side effect of that is many Chinese people disable things like Windows updates for fear that Microsoft is going to block them from using Windows, thus making their system very vulnerable to become the zombie machines.

Script kiddies are everywhere, US, China, and Europe, and the good thing with Internet is that national borders is no longer an issue, which is unfortunately one of the biggest disadvantage as well. That's why if you look carefully enough, Microsoft has recently allow non-genuine Windows to install Security Essentials and allow those users to get security updates as well.

• @jarland said: Person pressing the gas pedal and steering the wheel is the driver, not the man holding the gun to his head ;)

So....if next time you are forced to shoot someone because you have a gun pointed to your head, that makes you the murderer as well? :p