Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Zon,

I looked into your issue and yes another VPS was indeed using your IP, how I don't know
    I rebooted the VPS and then your IP didn't come back. I proceeded by going into the VM, but your IP was not setup in any interface files and there was no log showing your IP had been brought up.
    I am truly sorry for this, and I am unsure how this happened.

Thanks

• ChrisKChrisK Member

@NickPerk

We've been waiting for months for 3/6 negative reviews to be removed.
    The owner is MIA.
    If everyone posted on there would be over 5000 reviews.
    Most people post when they have a bad experience rather than a positive.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@ChrisK said: Zon,

I looked into your issue and yes another VPS was indeed using your IP, how I don't know

I rebooted the VPS and then your IP didn't come back. I proceeded by going into the VM, but your IP was not setup in any interface files and there was no log showing your IP had been brought up.
    I am truly sorry for this, and I am unsure how this happened.

Thanks

I had a similar problem. 1 IP asigned to 2 VMs... I claimed it was solusVM's problem, they completly denied it.

• @LiquidHost said: I had a similar problem. 1 IP asigned to 2 VMs... I claimed it was solusVM's problem, they completly denied it.

Yeah it is a SolusVM problem as I've had the same thing happen once before on one of my nodes I ran a while back.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Though the IP wasn't assigned to the VM in SolusVm it was assigned to Zon's.
    I had to get the MAC from the router arp table then find the MAC in the SolusVM DB which led me to the VM.

• NickPerkNickPerk Member
    edited July 2012

Just going through all the places the only thing that really hasn't been explained is the following

http://cache.gyazo.com/377e8860693e0fe7459a776263888a92.png

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Yes that is true, our DC wont take our equipment only the FBI will.
    Though that wont happen since we don't allow anything illegal on our servers.
    I will say, we are HEAVILY against spam/warez anything illegal and that we do take abuse VERY seriously.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Sure they won't... But if they cut you off the network, it would pretty much be the same ;)

• @ChrisK said: Though that wont happen since we don't allow anything illegal on our servers.

Yet in the image you didn't state that. You basically told the client sure we will host it but if it is asked to be removed it will be removed.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Regardless.
    We wouldn't host something like this.
    This was a while ago, and we have changed a lot since then.
    We RARELY get abuse reports, as I said we take it very seriously.
    If you'd like to discuss more pop on the IRC I'm on.

• ThorinThorin Member

I can confirm being moved from KVM-1 to KVM-3 today without pingdom noticing any downtime. I wouldn't have even known if I didn't see this thread and check uptime. For $6, I don't really see how you can lose. It's basically a free VPS if it lasts longer than a couple months and if it doesn't, oh well, next LEB offer.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

@Thorin
    We moved one by one to have the shortest possible downtime :)
    It will last aslong as its paid for!

• ThorinThorin Member

@ChrisK
    Haters gonna hate. Especially when you're undercutting them.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Exactly, when other providers start posting in your LEB post you know they're upset :)

• DerekDerek Member
    edited July 2012

Avante is superior, you must obey.

• Are most of your clients from hackfourms good? Or are most of them abusers?

Just wondering.

• zonzon Member

@ChrisK : now it seems to be ok... but fsck is showing some errors.. so will reinstall it...

Actually i was satisfied with the performance of this VPS... good cpu and io performance... at this price...

I hesitate to write something -ve about a provider in a public forum... if my vps is down for few hours i will wait with patience.. because at this price i cannot expect more... but when some junk pages appears on my site... and i was not able to do anything to stop it..(it was showing regardless of my vps was online of offline).. that will affect my site's reputation and seo....right ? thats why i was worried...

but still if you had replied to my ticket i wouldnt have posted it here...

• flyfly Member
    edited July 2012

how many ellipses do... you... need...

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Bijan

I don't know if any of my clientele are from HF.
    We haven't gotten a serious abuse report in a while now 6 months+
    Last abuse report was a VPS sending localhost emails by accident

@Zon
    We're happy you like the performance of the VPS, but the IP issue wasn't caused by us. We are sorry it happened but we still do not know the cause.

• ChrisK :

It's been 3 days. I am still waiting for my 96mb pfsense iso to be loaded into solus so i can install it.

Meanwhile, what can i do with an empty vps? install debian ? It's 3 days already grrr.....

• I signed up with them when looking for a decent KVM in the Orlando area, and it's about what you'd expect for the price. It can be a bit slow at times, network and CPU/IO wise but I went into it expecting the worst and it hasn't been too bad. Their network seems worse/slower then other providers I've used in HostDime Orlando previously but I'm satisfied with the service I get for the price I pay. Their KVMs do have balloon installed though, I would assume that Xen does as well.

• They're not bad for the pricing... Support is a little slow however.

Oh and advertising their services on HF clearly shouts "our servers don't get any abuse".

• Lemee check... I'm sure I saw them on there the other night ... Here's a search result, saying that they havent had much activity recently; http://screensnapr.com/v/RlYTPX.png

They still have their thread in the secondry sellers area... So I assume they still get traffic from it.

It's actually quite scary how many host's i've seen mentioned on HF for people to "use", one being PytoHosting :}

• Is it true that HostDime is not that good?

• my dd result is less than 10
    128Mb KVM.

• flyfly Member

dd != performance. do you see noticeable lag when doing disk ops?

• @fly said: dd != performance. do you see noticeable lag when doing disk ops?

well, ssh is a bit lagging. everything seems to be lagging. hopefully just temporary. i just got the vps few hours ago :D

• flyfly Member

@sandbox said: well, ssh is a bit lagging. everything seems to be lagging. hopefully just temporary. i just got the vps few hours ago :D

I would drop that shit in a hurry.

• @SandBox I had the same issue, Bash / SSH was stupidly laggy...

• @fly said: I would drop that shit in a hurry.

i would. but it still works. just not that good.