Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.com or .net ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

.com or .net ?

TazTaz Member
edited July 2012 in General

I have access to both .net and .com for a domain name. Was wondering if I should use .net as the main domain and redirect .com to .net.

What would you guys think?

Comments

• NickkNickk Member
    edited July 2012

Definitely use the .com as primary.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

Use a .in domain :D

But seriously, I'd go with the .com unless you want to build some kind of network or something under this brand.

• Currently I'm redirecting my .net to my .com
    But if you want to create a large network, maybe it's better to use the .net

• TazTaz Member

It is for a gaming community. So. Com might be fun huh.

• @NinjaHawk said: It is for a gaming community.

Then use .net, if there is no commercial activity and its a network of people.

• namename Member

I would like redirect .com to .net, since it's not for profit.

• debugdebug Member

Redirect the .net to the .com. Why? Because honestly, when you're putting in a domain, what TLD would you put first? .com.

• @debug said: Because honestly, when you're putting in a domain, what TLD would you put first?

.ca of course ;)

Thanked by 1name
  • TazTaz Member

@debug does it matter? As they gonna get redirected no matter what. :)

• Buy both first and we'll figure out which one sounds better.

But it'll most likely be .com

• tommytommy Member

use .com and redirect .net to .com. nowdays no matter what domain extention you use, people will loving your community.

• use the .com :) redirect the .net to the .com most people just tent to type www. *** .COM :)

• TazTaz Member

thanks fellas.

• JTRJTR Member

I had the same quandary when I was setting up my server's site quite a while ago, as I owned both .com and .net. Since it was a gaming community (a network of people), and I like .net, I used .net and did a server-side redirect from .com to .net. So far, it's worked great.