Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | PREMIUM DDoS Protection | Native IPv6 | E5's | SSD Cached | NO BS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | PREMIUM DDoS Protection | Native IPv6 | E5's | SSD Cached | NO BS!

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

• SolusVM Powered
  • Native IPv6
  • Powerful Intel E5 CPU's
  • SSD-Caching
  • NO BS!
  • DDoS Protection (Provided for free via OVH PRO DDoS protection, ticket to have this enabled full time or on demand (default).)

Recent Changes

• Added CentOS 7 template!
  • Created a script to set up networking when installing from an ISO. Can be found in KB!
  • Added CentOS 7 ISO.
  • Added CentOS 5 x86 / x86_64 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86 / x86_64 templates.
  • All new VM's will come with an internal IP address! Existing clients please ticket for an internal IP address.
  • Weekly backups are being reconsidered at this time due to the issues experienced with the last node failure in NC.
  • Nightly backups have been changed to weekly due to more than half of the nodes taking longer than 24 hours to complete the backup process.
  • With the help of a few members here I have made changes to all of the KVM templates provided. They will now auto-configure the network connection of your Canadian KVM VPS. Provision and go! Enjoy!

KVM Canada Offers

- Happy Valentine's Day 2015! -

You may choose 1 of the following:

- 50% More Disk Space

- 50% More Transfer

THIS PROMO IS ONLY AVAILABLE TODAY

AFTER TODAY, THE VD ADDON WILL BE UNAVAILABLE ON ORDER

Plan Name: LET-VD-1GB-10GB-1TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB

Swap: 1 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 1024 GB

IP Space: 1 IPv4 + 5 IPv6

CPU Cores: 1

Monthly Cost: $4

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=166

Plan Name: LET-VD-2GB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Monthly Cost: $5

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=167

Plan Name: LET-VD-3GB-30GB-3TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 3 GB

Swap: 3 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 30 GB

Premium Transfer: 3072 GB

CPU Cores: 3

Monthly Cost: $6

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=168

Plan Name: LET-VD-4GB-40GB-4TB-QUARTERLY

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=169

Plan Name: LET-VD-512MB-10GB-4TB-YEARLY

Guaranteed RAM: 512 MB

Swap: 512 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Yearly Cost: $18

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=170

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2

Review #3 - "In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats MCHPhil
My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.
Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August (2013) and highly recommend you try them."

Review #4 - "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.
Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."

Review #5 - "Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so."

Review #6 - "During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting."

Review #7

Custom Plans

• Contact me and we will see about working something out. Let me know what you are looking for and at what price.

Windows Allowed?

• Yes, with a few caveats.
  • You must own a retail license for a server OS that is licensed correctly. You will need to submit proof of this.
  • No bizspark or MSDN / Technet etc.
  • No trials.
  • Please open a ticket and this can be taken care of!

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin & Credit Card (via Stripe)

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Thanks!

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2015

My favorite provider and as always highly recommended.

EDIT:

dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -fr iotest
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.246 s, 862 MB/s

ioping -RL /dev/vda
    --- /dev/vda (device 40.0 GiB) ioping statistics ---
    5.1 k requests completed in 3.0 s, 1.9 k iops, 485.7 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 217 us / 514 us / 27.4 ms / 690 us

ioping -R /dev/vda   
    --- /dev/vda (device 40.0 GiB) ioping statistics ---
    1.3 k requests completed in 3.0 s, 458 iops, 1.8 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 52 us / 2.2 ms / 18.3 ms / 3.3 ms

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Yep, quite good service but unfortunately to less disk space. It's not pure ssd so why not provide more? Even enterprise hdd's with a lot more disk space are dirty cheap nowadays.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @webcraft said:
    Yep, quite good service but unfortunately to less disk space. It's not pure ssd so why not provide more? Even enterprise hdd's with a lot more disk space are dirty cheap nowadays.

It's OVH (Limited options). Plus cost. If pure SSD prices would rise. Sorry.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • And how much would be extra disk-space?

• @NodeKid said:
    MCHPhil Re. the internal IPs, is there unlimited internal traffic? Also, is it possible to request that extra VPS are deployed to different servers and/or racks?

At this time the internal IP's are limited to each node. I can deploy on different servers on ticket. Different rack may be hard with OVH but I can try.

@webcraft said:
    And how much would be extra disk-space?

Depends, open a ticket with requests.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Buy and get MaxMind Error. Contact support for help and get answer:

At this time that is impossible. Sorry for the trouble.

• @activecoupon said:
    Buy and get MaxMind Error. Contact support for help and get answer:

At this time that is impossible. Sorry for the trouble.

Sir maxmind marked your order as fraud. Any business is allowed to decline anyone service. Sorry for your trouble, again.

• how about This?
    Sir going in circles will get you no where, you are responsible for troubleshooting ANY and ALL issues with your VM. If there is an issue on your VM it is with your VM and your VM alone. Remember last time when you just reinstalled and it worked again? Maybe try that again. I provide no support for the VM or the configuration thereof.

• @mashokk369 - That's called an unmanaged VPS. Most here at LET are unmanaged.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @mashokk369 said:
    how about This?
    Sir going in circles will get you no where, you are responsible for troubleshooting ANY and ALL issues with your VM. If there is an issue on your VM it is with your VM and your VM alone. Remember last time when you just reinstalled and it worked again? Maybe try that again. I provide no support for the VM or the configuration thereof.

If you reinstall with a template and things work, then you are causing the issue inside your VM. I cannot login to your VM and make changes but you can. If resetting to defaults (reinstalling from a template) fixed your issues, as it has a few times now, then that means it's a configuration issue inside your VM. Sorry for your trouble.

• mashokk369mashokk369 Member
    edited February 2015

@FrankZ said:
    mashokk369 - That's called an unmanaged VPS. Most here at LET are unmanaged.

I should have given the whole picture.
    The VM was working fine for a couple of weeks. Suddenly all the websites were not working. I tried to investigate and no root access also.

My ticket text was "Theres is no SSH access.
    I tried rebooting the VM. Still not able to access the VM
    Matter Urgent"

To be fair to the host , everything started working after sometime.

• @MCHPhil said:

I have always give positive comments in this forum on your services.
    This may be an one-off incident or I might have misunderstood an unmanaged VPS service limits. I still rate MCH high.