Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Mini kvs rules
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Mini kvs rules

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
edited July 2012 in General

anyone got theit ToS? Just want to know what is not permitted.

Comments

• AsadAsad Member

Besides the limits below set in place you mean?

Outgoing mail on port 25 is blocked right? They probably wouldn't be to happy if you tried to bypass that on another port or something. And UDP traffic is restricted?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

UDP? didn't know. Just want to know if I can open a seedbox, or use it as storage

• AsadAsad Member

@netomx Yeah.. "Security measures have been put in place to protect against abuse. These measures include banning outgoing traffic on port 25 and all UDP traffic (except DNS)."

I think normal legal stuff as this applies: http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/vks/index.xml

Storage should be fine, not sure about seedbox. They let you get away with that on a dedi, but no idea how strict they are with vps/kvs.

3.6 Outside of the limit applicable to the VKS, the bandwidth for the Host Server 
    is automatically reduced from 100Mbps to 1Mbps. However, this is not 
    guaranteed, and OVH’s obligation is limited to using reasonable endeavours.

3.8 OVH reserves the right, with or without notice to the Customer, to limit or 
    restrict some features and protocols (such as IRC or peer to peer file sharing) 
    of the VKS to ensure the security of its infrastructure, but OVH will use 
    reasonable endeavours to inform the Customer of any such limitations or 
    restrictions wherever possible. In instances of repeated failure or for particular 
    serious cases, OVH reserves the right not to reopen the VKS of the Customer.

7.9 OVH reserves the right to inspect the Customer’s usage of the VKS in order to 
    verify compliance with the provisions of this Clause.

As in http://www.ovh.co.uk/support/termsofservice/Special_Conditions_VKS.pdf

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2012

On the first glance this #3.6 makes no sense, but if you view it in context:

3.5 Traffic leaving the OVH network is automatically limited on a monthly basis
    to the quota allowed for the Configuration of VKS chosen by the Customer.
    The limit for the time being applicable to each Configuration is published at
    http:///www.kimsufi.co.uk.
    3.6 Outside of the limit applicable to the VKS, the bandwidth for the Host Server
    is automatically reduced from 100Mbps to 1Mbps. However, this is not
    guaranteed, and OVH’s obligation is limited to using reasonable endeavours.
    3.7 Traffic within the OVH network is not recorded.

It becomes clear that your connection (despite talking about "the host server") is limited to 1 Mbps after you exhaust your monthly transfer quota.

That' nice!

• JTRJTR Member
    edited July 2012

I would assume torrenting isn't allowed, but I see no reason not to store things on one... On another note, does anyone know how long they'll remain free for?

I didnt see torrenting on their tos

• I mis-read the title then and thought you said OVH was awesome.

• @JTR said: I would assume torrenting isn't allowed, but I see no reason not to store things on one... On another note, does anyone know how long they'll remain free for?

It seems like at least another month or two.

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited July 2012

They seem to not list much of restrictions other than udp and port 25. But I'd do anything illegal on another paid VPS, and will do just legal stuff on their KVS even if it's a heavy task.

• @netomx said: I didnt see torrenting on their tos

Torrenting per se is not illegal. Torrenting copyrighted material is illegal in France and therefor they don't have to explicitly write it in their TOS.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Torrenting copyrighted material is illegal in France

I think everywhere. btw, Mexico has just signed ACTA =( fuck you, you senators!