Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know about kimsufi.co.uk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know about kimsufi.co.uk?

edited July 2012 in Help

At http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/, dedicated servers Kimsufi 2G is £13.99 /month
It's good service? the price is crazy...

I need about HDD write/read speed and "Guaranteed bandwidth: 100 Mbps". CPU is too bad (Celeron/Atom)

Thank you!

Comments

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

They are well know, it is OVH brand. They are what they are, many use them as cheap backup boxes, a ton of spam, torrents etc. Just search for reviews.

• The Celeron/Atom server is not a gurantee to be an atom/celeron

I got a Pentium D and have had a P4 in the past aswell as a AMD Sempron

Thanked by 1sieuvocmaytinh
  • AmitzAmitz Member

kimsufi / OVH have a very comprehensive control panel. You can do nearly everything with it without ever having to contact support. IF you have to contact support, things might take some time. I personally cannot complain (every issue that I ever had was addressed within 2-4 hours), but I read some reviews that talk about days to solve a problem. However, their network has improved a lot during the last months and if you know how to handle a dedicated server without any help from your provider, then you cannot go wrong with them. Just do not expect a Rolls-Royce for the price of a Skoda.

Thanked by 2sieuvocmaytinh lbft
  • looks like a kimsufi reseller. Although if you want the cheaper price you should probably buy directly from them (assuming your country is allowed/you're verified).

• no one can beat kimsufi their 2G MEM 1T HDD DS £13.99 /month,I think they are really crazy... :)

• TaylorTaylor Member

Their traffic is very cheap to £0.89 per TB .

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@vistaxie said: kimsufi their 2G MEM 1T HDD DS £13.99 /month,I think they are really crazy...

Nothing crazy, they have a profitable expanding business with these prices.
    They have a great DC technology, with extreme density and automation of everything.
    That's how those prices are possible.
    http://lafibre.info/datacenter/data-center-ovh-roubaix-2/msg33642/#msg33642
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB9mwicJU7I <- My Kimsufi 2G is somewhere in this DC.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2012

As mentioned in another thread, I am using this server from kimsufi (isgenug.de is the germany kimsufi brand):

Intel Q6600 4x 2.40 GHz (8 MB Cache)
    4 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 10 TB on 100 mbit
    http://www.isgenug.de/hot_deals/index.xml

for EUR 26.99 per month. Great bargain! :)

Thanked by 1Steve
  • ztecztec Member

@Amitz said: As mentioned in another thread, I am using this server from kimsufi (isgenug.de is the germany kimsufi brand):

Intel Q6600 4x 2.40 GHz (8 MB Cache)
    4 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 10 TB on 100 mbit
    http://www.isgenug.de/hot_deals/index.xml
    for EUR 26.99 per month. Great bargain! :)

Damn, Why can't I order that one?

• AmitzAmitz Member

I have no idea whether you HAVE to be German to order from isgenug.de. Have you tried it?

• ztecztec Member

I tried, when I login with my dutch account it simply resets to the dutch OVH.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Aargh. That is a pity!

• AmitzAmitz Member

Yes, in Roubaix.

@ztec said: I tried, when I login with my dutch account it simply resets to the dutch OVH.

Try proceeding from here: https://www.ovh.de/bestellung/kimsufi.cgi?hard=922sk1
    and log in only as soon as it asks you to, not before.

• RandyRandy Member

they are a budget provider, and known to have cheap prices, i can tell you there are alot of abusers in their network.

• Kimsufi and OVH are one and the same. The Kimsufi boxes are entry level and not not have the Raided disks for the 1Gbit connectivity that OVH's production boxes have. They do however allow connection through to the OVH nas storage, which makes them useful as webheads.

• I need about HDD write/read speed and "Guaranteed bandwidth: 100 Mbps"

• @Randy doesnt make an impact to be fair, most seedbox hosts are just relaying Kimsufi's with rTorrent MultiUser enabled. I've more than once thought of setting that up, and offering it dirt cheap, cap bandwidth abuse etc.... Seems almost too perfect; apart from the legalities of my server being used to download warez (lul).

And @sieuvocmaytinh (jesus, long name!),
    Your HDD speed is a simple ONE disk, so, as fast as a budget disk will go... and You will never get guaranteed bandwidth; but they're sure as hell try.

• AsadAsad Member

Might also want to check out Hetzner if you're after budget servers.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @asadhaider for EU, budget, OVH is my first-call. I've heard Hetzner has weird Networks...

I need about HDD write/read speed

Read:
    Timing buffered disk reads: 564 MB in 3.00 seconds = 187.73 MB/sec

Write:
    134217728 bytes (134 MB) copied, 1.31576 s, 102 MB/s

I got a Seagate ST1000DM003 so I dunno just go and find some HDD benchmarks etc.
    But there is no guarantee you'll get this particular model of a HDD too.

• Digicube is even cheaper than Kimsufi http://digicube.fr ;)

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Jeffrey said: Digicube is even cheaper than Kimsufi http://digicube.fr ;)

>

I don't know French to well but the offer seems to only have 1GB ram and 80GB hdd not as good as kimisufi specs by a mile!

Mémoire : 1 Go
    1 disque 80 Go

edited July 2012

@Jeffrey
    I remember them having a huge setup fee, something like 50 EUR, has that been removed?
    Also they are only cheaper if paid annually; and the disks are very small, far from Kimsufi's 1TB; oh, and less RAM. But an SSD Atom certainly looks interesting. Basically one can cancel two average LEBs and get an SSD-based dedi.

• Doesn't work, just tried...

I envy you guys living in Germany, Hetzner is there and Kimsufi has such a great deal just for you guys

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Amitz said: Just do not expect a Rolls-Royce for the price of a Skoda

A man enters a used cars and parts shop and asks the clerk:

• May I have a radio for my Skoda ?
    • Looks like a fair swap...
      M
    Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MrLadoodle said: Kimsufi.co.uk has the same offer

This is what you get on Kimsufi.ie:

Processor Intel E6550 2x 2.33 GHz (4 MB of cache)
    Architecture 64 bits
    NIC GigaEthernet
    Memory 2 GB
    Disk 500GB
    VT Instructions

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2012

It is not the same offer. Neither .ie, nor .co.uk.