Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tough request: Japan VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tough request: Japan VPS

Requirement:

• CPU: 2-3 Cores of E3 level
  • HDD: SSD-Cached high iops, ≥150GB
  • MEM: ≥2GB
  • BW: ≥100mbps port, ≥8TB/month or unmetered
  • VM: Prefer not OpenVZ unless really good deal
  • Price: ≤$30 month-to-month and accept non-Japan issued credit card
  • Must be located in Japan and have a reasonably fast speed to China HK TW etc. Asia region.
  • Tolerate potential copyright problems. We honor copyright disputes on user uploaded materials and will remove them upon reported.

What I have tried or checked:

• Linode. No rooms for upgrading plans. Constantly hardware issue and inbound DDoS attacks.
  • Vultr. Insufficient bandwidth.
  • Kagoya. We are currently using their service. IOps is fantastic, CPU is fast. But It's OpenVZ and their tiny tcpsndbuf causes constantly stalled networking and crashing.
  • Conoha. Poor hard drive performance and unstable peering to China.
  • SakuraJP. Only accept Japan issued CC.
  • Cloudcore. Asking 3 months minimum contract, high setup fee, much more expensive if not paid yearly.

Any suggestions?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

Comments

• edited February 2015

http://starrydns.com

Not Japan but China

• You've really exhausted the providers in that area... Let me check my list.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited February 2015
  • Running a forum in China without having a registered company is technically illegal.

• Ablenet?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@msg7086
    You listed pretty much all of them, just forgot Ablenet, Dream.jp and SPPD. But:

• Ablenet has the same "pay yearly or else" quirk, and I think will not satisfy you neither in specs, nor HDD speeds nor network speeds.
    • Dream.jp is OpenVZ and CPU-capped
    • SPPD just admitted casually in their news page that they have only 300 Mbit uplink for their entire VPS infrastructure. And I have a feeling btw that Ablenet is not much better.
    Thanked by 1msg7086
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

having done a lot of searching for servers in japan I can tell you for sure you simply wont find what your looking for even if you double that budget unless you make some compromise.

that said if you do find it let me know I will order 2 :)

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    having done a lot of searching for servers in japan I can tell you for sure you simply wont find what your looking for even if you double that budget unless you make some compromise.

that said if you do find it let me know I will order 2 :)

http://my.starrydns.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=37&currency=2&language=english

Standard HDD sadly. Unlimited BW 200GB HDD 2GB RAM 3CPU

Don't know if it is E3 grade close as you're going to get to $30

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited February 2015

^ see post above

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Standard HDD sadly. Unlimited BW 200GB HDD 2GB RAM 3CPU

Don't know if it is E3 grade close as you're going to get to $30

OpenVZ?

• @MuZo said:

I know mis-read the site ;)

edited February 2015

Oh and there's also GMO VPS (where the StarryDNS Shibuya test IP points to). But it's basically a more outdated and more expensive version of what Conoha (their child company) offers.

More regarding StarryDNS, it looks like for "Shibuya" they are reselling GMO, and for the rest of the JP locations reselling Sakura. Which can be interesting at least, as you can't buy Sakura directly.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited February 2015

@rm_ said:

Thanks for that list. A quick search on unixbench ablenet gives me 826 which is even worse than the single core score of kagoya (1c 872/6c 2664). DreamJP is OpenVZ and SPPD seems to be worse.

So running out of the list

edited February 2015

They seem to be just reselling Conoha at 2x markup.
    Non-SSD plans (first four) are fully identical with Conoha, SSD ones are probably from someplace else.