Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE!!! .co.uk domain!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FREE!!! .co.uk domain!

eastoncheastonch Member
edited July 2012 in General

Found this offer on HUKD earlier, thought I'd share it..

As people did not know, this website allows you go get a free .co.uk domain. 

You can change the nameservers independently to your own to use with another host. 

http://www.gbbo.co.uk/ 

Create your website using Yola's easy to use template-based system, and get your .co.uk web address. Here's how to get started: 

Enter your name, email address and choose a password. 
Claim your .co.uk web address 
Choose a template and customise your website design. 
Publish your website! 

Simply login to http://www.yola.com/gbbo? and sign up, then you can pick your .co.uk domain name, apparantly ou can use nameservers to migrate it, so a free DNS to point to your VPS? Sounds good for a free .co.uk.

This scheme is part of google's attempt to get british business online.

Comments

• You will need to be a resident in UK (need UK phone number)
    And
    You will need to input your credit card info.

• that sucks

• AsadAsad Member

They've been running this scheme for a few years, you can transfer away the domain after a few months I think.

• You can cancel the credit card billing, and yeah. Uk number ;0

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Google has been doing this for all major areas. They have this for US and most individual states too.

• You don't need a credit card, only a UK phone number. I've used it a good few times >_>

• Don't just save your money with free domain name. You can bough two year domain co.uk with <10USD. :)

• TaylorTaylor Member

@UpReseller said: Don't just save your money with free domain name. You can bough two year domain co.uk with <10USD. :)

Why not? Saving money seems like a good idea, where can I buy a .co.uk for 2 years for under $10.