Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gocardless payments
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gocardless payments

onepoundonepound Member
edited July 2012 in General

Anyone any previous experience of this UK form of payment, WHMCS has released a module for it on their new release.

Only allows UK transactions at present, EU should follow soon. Basically seems to pre-auth an 'upto' direct debit amount for subscription payments, with 1% transaction fee.

Downsides are that takes 3-5 days for transactions to clear although you can over-ride this in WHMCS if you are feeling brave.

I've signed up and added to my payments accepted but wondering if anyone has previous experience.

Comments

• Is it worth upgrading the the latest WHMCS? I heard it has bugs, unless you can use the module without upgrading everything else.

• Haven't noticed any bugs yet or aware of any bug list for the released version.

Personally I am just trying to keep upto date with the releases on whmcs.

not sure if the module can be used on previous versions,

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

Seems very simple on accepting payments, but how about sending payments? Bank transfer only and direct debit? What do they accept? That's my question.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited July 2012

its basicaly a direct debit scheme but easier. and extremely cheap. (From looking at it)

Whois is hidden also. Also they ask for very personal details (Passport or driving license number)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yep, issuing a refund also takes 3.5 days ? And, no, dont give them any data, as long as you send the money from the account, it is the bank's problem to check if you had the right to send the money.
    M

• Hidden whois at a payment processor? I can't see how that could go wrong..

Thanked by 2rds100 Infinity
  • rds100rds100 Member

And no EV SSL. Sorry, can't trust them.