Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for whmcs alternative and easy to import and intergrate
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for whmcs alternative and easy to import and intergrate

nightvpsnightvps Member
edited February 2015 in General

So what is best to move to from whmcs? WHMCS is ripp off paying $16.00 a month for a script is not worth it over rated, support is a joke too.

So please let me know what is best, blesta? Looked at blesta but the itegration is outdated and is not working very well, 1st glance at blesta a little confusing but 1st time so that is normal i guess.
What is the best and dont say whmcs is cheap. It is about saving money on not paying to much for something that has no support.

Free integration plugun?

Best billing script for moving away from whmcs - price is over rated.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The rest have larger flaws in my experience. WHMCS support is awesome btw. They even helped me with some trouble I had building a module.

The worst of it is when you learn how bad blesta really is and you decide to go with "tried and true,", you'll never import it into WHMCS without hiring a developer to help because blesta' database is literally the most insane maze I have ever travelled.

Just my two cents from many hours waste ;)

• @Jar, is Blesta really that bad?? Is BillingBrawl.com just all fluff then?

I was just about to give Blesta a shot for some projects (non-VPS).

• @Jar said:
    The rest have larger flaws in my experience. WHMCS support is awesome btw. They even helped me with some trouble I had building a module.

The worst of it is when you learn how bad blesta really is and you decide to go with "tried and true,", you'll never import it into WHMCS without hiring a developer to help because blesta' database is literally the most insane maze I have ever travelled.

Just my two cents from many hours waste ;)

Well use the whmcs importer... one click. Big "maze" the click :)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Jar said: The rest have larger flaws in my experience. WHMCS support is awesome btw. They even helped me with some trouble I had building a module.

+1 to that, they gave me free developer license to program module.

Thanked by 1jar
  • The importer throws up all kinds of errors and is for whmcs 5.2 i am using the newest whmcs, and whmcs is rubbish for people who are not making modules and just need help, i always end of fixing stuff myself.

Why don't they make no support pricing. Might just stay with whmcs but i do not like the price it is ripp off.

If i was the richest man in the world i would still want to save money, the way i see it is there are at least 5 other billing panels from 0.00 to 11.00 a USD a month so why am i paying whmcs more.

People say whmcs is cheap maybe theylike over speding on scripts, i had less issues with box billing and it is free.

• @ZweiTiger - I think that he is referring to the inverse, Importing Blesta into WHMCS. AFAIK, there is no decent import feature to move back to WHMCS if desired.

@ZweiTiger said:
    Well use the whmcs importer... one click. Big "maze"

That is for important whmcs data to blesta, there is no available tool to do the opposite that works.

@geekalot said:
    Jar, is Blesta really that bad?? Is BillingBrawl.com just all fluff then?

I was just about to give Blesta a shot for some projects (non-VPS).

No mass email, endless promise of "coming soon" for vital features like that. If you tell it to send plain text emails it sends html emails. If you tell it to use SMTP it frequently ignores you and executes PHP mail. Feels like alpha software as many of its features seem to be cosmetic switches that it then ignores the value for.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • So is boxbilling the best billing software?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

nightvps said: So is boxbilling the best billing software?

Why are you posing that as a question? You seem to be telling us that box billing is the best ("i had less issues with box billing and it is free"), while no one else has even mentioned it.

• A big problem i have is whmcs is intergrated lots of clients lots of servers packages etc so it is a big hassle to move to a cheaper billing system with a more fair price. I never use whmcs support anymore 0 so why am i paying for it. WHMCS rant i guess. Am i wrong to be angry that i am over paying for a simple billing script?

• cncking2000 said: Importing Blesta into WHMCS.

No importing whmcs to blesta

• perennate said: You seem to be telling us that box billing is the best

To be honest never had issues with it, but security of boxbilling might not be so good?

• I really want to move to blesta, would be nice if they had a free website intergration plugin!

WHMCS import plugin needs updating and a user here said there is some issues^.
    When i checked the admin panel it was a little messed up the import was a little shacky eg: $1.458.09 Outstanding balanace or something.
    Never had that outstanding balance with whmcs so that is wrong.

Also no overview as standard pending orders etc, some things whmcs has would be nice on blesta. User end on blesta is nice admin side not so easy but workable though could be better.

I really do not care about support as long as there is good docs, essentially i am just paying for a script that is the way i see it, support does not really mean anything to me and many others who use and know billing systems well.

• @cncking2000 said:
    ZweiTiger - I think that he is referring to the inverse, Importing Blesta into WHMCS. AFAIK, there is no decent import feature to move back to WHMCS if desired.

Lol. If desired. Why would any sane person desire that?

@nightvps
    What do you mean free website integration? You mean design-wise? If so, there's tutorials to do it, or you can hire someone cheap and get it done for 20 bucks. (same as whmcs). I'm having a little trouble navigating blesta as I'm new to it as well, but I know for sure I'm not going back to whmcs. Their support is terrible, takes 48 hours+ to respond, and generally aren't helpful. They've literally tried blaming some of my problems on an "old install of whmcs" that didn't exist anymore.. I literally destroyed the serve weeks before the issue arrived, and they insisted nothing was wrong with whmcs and that my "old install" was causing issues because of a cron that was running. LOL. Also, a ton of places will give you blesta for free if you order a server from them, so that's something to take into account.

• Blesta is developer friendly if you know how to coding. Because most of Blesta code is open sourced. But Blesta is not a strong billing system. It misses a lot of function, such as DNS control and affiliate system.

• Jonchun said: What do you mean free website integration? You mean design-wise? If so, there's tutorials to do it, or you can hire someone cheap and get it done for 20 bucks. (same as whmcs).

I unerstand that but a blesta developer could easly make one and get even more customers, i seen a plugin when searching google not free, so i would like to see it available as standard for free. Why be the same as whmcs when you can be bettter, blesta guys take some ideas from whmcs copy whmcs style like the whmcs admin index page etc. I just want a cheaper billing system that is good quality and belsta seems like the best alternative? $16.00 a month for a script is unreasonable and that is with no support.

• I tried to migrate to blesta myself but there were strange issues due to the way I use the transactions lists in WHMCS giving some clients account credit, screwing up invoices and such.

I must say I do agree, WHMCS is a overrated piece of crap, and with my experience the worst support I have ever had to deal with, but its the best of the worst.

• SNetworks1 said: I must say I do agree, WHMCS is a overrated piece of crap, and with my experience the worst support I have ever had to deal with, but its the best of the worst.

As soon as i can i am moving to blesta but the intergration as standard ( intergration plugin ) is needed and importing from whmcs to blesta must work very well, also i am sure as mentioned by me and others there are bugs. I do see blesta as being the number 1 billing system sooner or later due to pricing and i am sure they will improve but they better do it fast.

Again price is a major factor when choosing a product, ok so not boxbilling but blesta not dirt cheap not expensive and good quality or will be good quality soon?

One thing is i myself do not like paying more than i think something is worth and whmcs is not worth $16.00 a month even if it was fast responce support - most people do not need support they need good tutorials and videos docs etc.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

So basicly you want something that works wonders for zero money?

If you think you can live with blesta go ahead, this is however not your personal blog so no need to repeat yourself.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

honestly if $16.00 is a major concern over $10 p/month for what is literally the backbone of you business systems integration I very much doubt anything anyone can tell you will be well received.

While I appreciate price is obviously a factor when making these decisions the difference of a few dollars vs functionality should not even enter the discussion.

WHMCS is absolute shit, they have pretty much withdrawn any support in terms of module development and point you to modules garden, and they stopped listening to what customers wanted ages ago, take the 0.00 invoices issue for example that despite hundreds of requests they still ignore because it does not fit with the way they want to do things, it is still the best shit out there in that price bracket though.

Thanked by 3jar geekalot Pwner
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    honestly if $16.00 is a major concern over $10 p/month for what is literally the backbone of you business systems integration I very much doubt anything anyone can tell you will be well received.

While I appreciate price is obviously a factor when making these decisions the difference of a few dollars vs functionality should not even enter the discussion.

WHMCS is absolute shit, they have pretty much withdrawn any support in terms of module development and point you to modules garden, and they stopped listening to what customers wanted ages ago, take the 0.00 invoices issue for example that despite hundreds of requests they still ignore because it does not fit with the way they want to do things, it is still the best shit out there in that price bracket though.

So what's a better alternative outside of that price bracket? As for WHMCS being the best "cheap" billing system, Blesta is a lot better than it was a while ago and after making the move, outside of a few quirks, I'm happy to say that it's actually not too bad. It's also very easy to modify unlike the mess WHMCS is.

Jonchun said: So what's a better alternative outside of that price bracket

I don't know :) there is no real middle ground I am aware of between WHMCS etc and a custom made panel.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

Probably shouldn't be throwing around words like "price bracket" then as if there's a more expensive alternative that actually works.

edited February 2015

Jonchun said: Probably shouldn't be throwing around words like "price bracket"

Its hardly a word/phrase that is thrown :) it is a descriptive one though, they are all in the same price bracket, that does not imply there are other price brackets just because the common 3 are in a similar price bracket.

Sorry if I said something you misunderstood it was not my intent, I stand by my general statement though.

• If blasta had a lot more basic functionality then I'd move basic features of mass mail is so important.

Whmcs used to be good when first around the scene. But I'm not too sure what happened. What I do know is one of there head office is in mk. Just down the road!

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Sorry if I said something you misunderstood it was not my intent, I stand by my general statement though.

If I'm talking about a sport, and I mention the word "weight class", you automatically assume that there are different tiers available/existing. I'm just saying that using words like "price bracket" is completely unnecessary and inaccurately portrays the current state of billing systems for the hosting industry.

@MSPNick said:
    If blasta had a lot more basic functionality then I'd move basic features of mass mail is so important.

Whmcs used to be good when first around the scene. But I'm not too sure what happened. What I do know is one of there head office is in mk. Just down the road!

I don't see mass mail as TOO big of a problem. Although that definitely is a feature that I'd like, personally I can live without it.

• @MSPNick said:
    blasta

• @Jonchun said:
    I don't see mass mail as TOO big of a problem. Although that definitely is a feature that I'd like, personally I can live without it.

You might think that now...

Thanked by 1jar
    edited February 2015

Jonchun said: I don't see mass mail as TOO big of a problem. Although that definitely is a feature that I'd like, personally I can live without it.

Until you need to send an announcement to your clients. I suppose you could set the standard up front that "If you don't visit the site and see when announcements are up, you'll never know what is happening with our service." You can't predict the future (server migration due to unforeseen circumstances, change of standard workflows due to security update, etc), and e-mailing hundreds or more clients one by one is just not always a reasonable task.

That's the thing about Blesta, it always seems like a good idea to someone who isn't dealing with hundreds of clients. You don't want to get there and learn your lesson later, because like I said before, you won't find a reasonable way to convert the data without hiring a developer. You need to be incredible at MySQL to make a single query that will pull client data because the database is a maze. I made the change by manually inputting data over the course of two weeks.

Like was said before, if you can't afford $15 you cannot afford any unforeseen circumstance and therefore you cannot afford to run a business.

By all means give it a shot, but I'll be waiting on the other side of 200 clients to say "I told you so" ;)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Jar said: I'll be waiting on the other side of 200 clients to say "I told you so" ;)

This is where I am. :P

Thanked by 1jar