Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap 200-250 GB, 50Mbps seedbox (or VPS/dedi; cancelling KS-2 - overkill for me)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap 200-250 GB, 50Mbps seedbox (or VPS/dedi; cancelling KS-2 - overkill for me)

DevilDevil Member
edited February 2015 in Requests

I am looking for a cheap^1 200-250GB seedbox or a VPS that allows torrenting or dedicated server^2 (more is merrier of course).

• Speed 100Mbps or more (I think even 50Mbps would be just fine).
  • I just need one IP but not shared IP.
  • Bandwidth? I think I'll be fine with even 1TB (of course the more is merrier, again)
  • CPU/RAM? It should just pull few torrents on the top pvt. trackers (there'll hardly be any uploading and normal download usage)^3

Now, I know WhatBox and the ilk are excellent options but I just can't afford their costly plans (even the basic ones are costly really).

Do you know of any decent provider that fits my need and budget? Please share the name/link/plan if you do.

[1] Let's say ~$2 per month or so (given KS-2 was ~$12 p.m. with 1TB and lots of RAM and CPU)

[2] I reckon those flash KS and Online.net sale 500GB dedis at 2-3 Euro per month would fit my bill but those offers are very rare to come by and in general their smallest plans are costly for my need.

[3] I have used KS-2 for few months and have built mammoth buffer on almost all the top pvt. trackers including ptp, wcd, kg. Now I just want to keep the accounts alive by putting some torrents on seed all the time and download only what I need and then seed that (if no space then remove an old torrent or two and so on). I've most of that content on my local hard disk, so I can manage reseeds too. I'll also be seeding from my home Internet which is a decent 20Mbps (uploads are not counted in usage; but it won't be always ON)

tl;dr: Post title + cost around $2 per month.

Comments

• I don't think you will find anything in the price range of 2 dollars. Maybe up it to 5 a month you might find something.

• I can do it for 6$ a month. 200GB space, 1GBps, unlimited bandwidth. Payment PayPal only.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We can't meet your price point but the rest we have covered.

250GB HDD, 2Ghz vCPU, 512MB RAM, 1IPv4, shared 1Gbit (Unmetered) $7/month I can give you a $2 discount which will bring your price to $5/month.

https://secure.bigvps.io/cart.php?gid=6&currency=4

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited February 2015

250GB storage with a company that allows torrents for $2/mo - I lol'd. Let me know if you find that with a reputable company.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • hostnoob said: I lol'd

Don't. I was looking for an answer and hence I posted it here.

pbgben said: will bring your price to $5/month

ankittulsian said: I can do it for 6$ a month. 200GB space, 1GBps, unlimited bandwidth

Thanks. But then I may rather go for KS-1 which is like almost the same price but offers a lot more. Thanks again for the offer though.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2015

Looks like you are trying to replace something that is already working fine for you and fits all requirements. Just stick with the KS? I didn't see you post any complaints about it other than getting more than what you pay for which shouldn't be a bad thing!!

• maybe someone could offer that $2 for 15GB storage, but 200GB probably not.

• @Devil said:
    Thanks. But then I may rather go for KS-1 which is like almost the same price but offers a lot more. Thanks again for the offer though.

You really won't beat the KS-1 in terms of specs for price. Also, the 2eur online.net server only has 160GB space. I used to use a 25-50GB box for torrents, and then moved them to another box for storage (like Ramnode's 80GB for $15/yr)

Really not a problem since 25-50GB is fine for seeding up to 1:1 ratio or 36 hours.

• DevilDevil Member
    edited February 2015

Mark_R said: Looks like you are trying to replace something that is already working fine for you and fits all requirements

I have to pay too. I am coming from a place where Euro 10 is quite a considerable amount (no, I am not claiming I am poor as such; just that I am looking for an awesome deal as I don't need the KS-2 anymore) why awesome deal? Because I would like to have a stable solution now and not looking for sth that I might be tempted to change again.

creep said: maybe someone could offer that $2 for 15GB storage, but 200GB probably not.

I just tried. Sometimes you never know.

hostnoob said: 2eur online.net server only has 160GB space

They also have 100GB backup so some files can just be put there and then back and forth and so. Right? But I think those all are gone now.

hostnoob said: Ramnode's 80GB for $15/yr

Somewhere I had read they allow torrents and then I read one of their ads and they said they don't.

Also I mistakenly bought BuyVM's 15GB for the same price. That was a mistake.

• Your request is literally the same as begging for a free VPS. You want those specs for the price most providers charge for just the dedicated IP... lol?

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • Jonchun said: Your request is literally the same as begging for a free VPS

Oh I see your signature.

lol?

So fo?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Devil said: Euro 10 is quite a considerable amount (no, I am not claiming I am poor as such; just that I am looking for an awesome deal as I don't need the KS-2 anymore)

Snipe for a KS1 then. From their website it looks like they add some stock of those every day.

One more alternative is Online.net's SCGen2 (with 500GB disk, 5.99 EUR/mo), but that has a 20 EUR setup fee.

Thanked by 1Devil
  • what about a oneprovider they still got a cheap box

• bashed said: what about a oneprovider they still got a cheap box

Can you share the link please? I didn't find it.

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    they are reselling the "Kidechire" specs for 7 EUR/mo

Thanked by 1Devil
  • they got one
    also ovh.ie got one too for 1.99 euros plus vat

Thanked by 1Devil
  • not the greatest speeds but in europe its good

• @Devil said:
    Oh I see your signature.

Yes, what about it?

• @rm_ said:
    http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    they are reselling the "Kidechire" specs for 7 EUR/mo

Not really. Online.net had this ages ago about a year ago then stopped it but OneProvider continued to sell it and then the Kidechire returned. The SC Gen2 used to have a big brother the SC XL which is the 1TB machine showed on their site I used to have one still remember the IP 195.154.13.4* was over a year ago :/

• how many more french vps's are we going to have here

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Not really. Online.net had this ages ago about a year ago then stopped it but OneProvider continued to sell it and then the Kidechire returned.

What "not really"? The server they offer for 7EUR has the same specs as the Kidechire offer. Of course they don't literally take it and resell -- that's why I put it in quotes and added specs.

• @rm_ said:
    What "not really"? The server they offer for 7EUR has the same specs as the Kidechire offer. Of course they don't literally take it and resell -- that's why I put it in quotes and added specs.

ah :P. I thought u meant the do what loads of people on here have done. Bought too many and resold

• berkayberkay Member
    edited February 2015

Only host I can think of which have a package for $2 with 100+ GB HDD. Dunno if they allow torrents though.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/35023/kihi-canadian-kvm-hosting-updated-panel-android-application-2-month#latest

Edit: I'm sorry, I saw it as 100-150 GB. :/ This is still a good deal though.

Thanked by 1Devil
  • I never say or said the following.

You can try GVH.

• @msg7086 said:
    I never say or said the following.

You can try GVH.

They removed all their lowend plans now.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @linuxthefish said:
    They removed all their lowend plans now.

They just changed it to quarterly billing instead.

I think GVH is running out of cash tho, which is why they disable affiliates when you get anywhere near the cashout value.

edited February 2015

We can do 100GB for $1.60~ You may need a VPS to attach it to, which can be with any provider of your choosing. We can provide any amount of storage at a per-gb price of £0.01

Thanked by 1Devil
  • @pbgben said:
    We can do 100GB for $1.60~ You may need a VPS to attach it to, which can be with any provider of your choosing. We can provide any amount of storage at a per-gb price of £0.01

Seems to be a good offer for me. What's the price for 100GB Plus your vps?

Our lowest priced VPS at the moment is $7/month for 250GB HDD, 2Ghz vCPU and 512MB RAM