Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voxility Reseller
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Voxility Reseller

Looking a vps from the Voxility DC with ddos protection. A small one can do for now with like 512mb ram and what not.

Comments

• What's your budget ?

• And which part of the world? The default, Romania?

• You won't get a LEB with 512MB ram that is hosted with Voxility.

They charge $500m/o on a Single CPU Machine with a Dual CPU it's $1,000 and so on ($500 per CPU)

• I remember seeing some offers from Moldova, which are supposedly routed through voxility in Romania and hence using their DDoS protection. I don't know how effective the protection is however or how reliable these hosts in Moldova are.

• @jakelong waiting your budget

• @rds100 said:
    I remember seeing some offers from Moldova, which are supposedly routed through voxility in Romania and hence using their DDoS protection. I don't know how effective the protection is however or how reliable these hosts in Moldova are.

https://www.hosteasy.eu/

Is the provider you are thinking about

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

How good is the Voxility protection?

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2015

up to 500 gb DDos protection @jmginer but is optionaly and the price is not cheap (375 eur +vat 24% /mont)

edited February 2015

I know they provide 500Gbps, but I mean about the quality of that 500Gbps...

• Is instant mitigation or they take some time to detect the attack then mitigate?
    • Some packet loss during the mitigation?
    • What kind of attacks? Amplifiers, Floods? L3, L4 and L7 ?
    • Good for game servers?
  • @clamhost said:
    You won't get a LEB with 512MB ram that is hosted with Voxility.

They charge $500m/o on a Single CPU Machine with a Dual CPU it's $1,000 and so on ($500 per CPU)

is that if you get a dedicated from them?

i don't think colocating your own machine would be that expensive

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

kerouac said: i don't think colocating your own machine would be that expensive

Colocating own machine is dirt cheap, but it does not have DDoS protection. That really cost an arm and a leg, but seems to be good from what I hear, nobody using it complained from what I know.

• give @ixamhosting a shout. Max can hook you up.

• @jmginer said:

• Is instant mitigation or they take some time to detect the attack then mitigate?
    • Good for game servers?
    • You can choose to enable permanent mitigation or automatic attack detection. Automatic detection takes less than 5 seconds to kick in and in 95% of the cases users don't even realise it kicked in, there are very rare incidents of some active connections being dropped

• For packet loss, I never saw any packet loss while being routed through their mitigation system

• They protect against all kinds of attack, even big HTTP-floods and do so very well. You can't compare them to Staminus or OVH, they are a lot better at what they do, allthough Staminus has improved in the past but is still useless for L7 attacks

• If the gameservers use udp and you don't expect to receive attacks over 20gbps, Staminus is the better choice as their L4 mitigation is good and has fewer false-positives. Voxility has also very few false positives but I haven't yet seen anyone drop from a Staminus-protected udp service.

@akz said:
    give ixamhosting a shout. Max can hook you up.

Please don't go to ixamhosting, they provide poor service and have been hacked recently AND they didn't even notice their clients: http://siph0n.net/dumps/crime.li/dbs/ixam_users.db.txt

Thanked by 2jmginer jar
  • give @ixamhosting a shout. Max can hook you up. > @tr1cky said:

Please don't go to ixamhosting, they provide poor service and have been hacked recently AND they didn't even notice their clients: http://siph0n.net/dumps/crime.li/dbs/ixam_users.db.txt

I have had nothing but good uptime and service from Ixam. I searched for my credentials and they are not on that dump.

• @akz said:
    give ixamhosting a shout. Max can hook you up. > tr1cky said:

Yeah, but mine are. Any vps company I am with (e.g. bandwagonhost, ramnode, zare, crissic) could confirm this.

Thanked by 1iamm
    edited February 2015

@tr1cky Many thanks! We are just now testing Voxility via London using the bandwidth.co.uk service

Our IP: 185.47.130.129

is routed via Voxility

• @clamhost said:
    Is the provider you are thinking about

But that's Moldau, not Romania.

• @akz I do not know if it's right what you do to expose personal information to someone here on the forum even if it was not you who did evil Believe you do now

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited February 2015

@jmginer said:
    tr1cky Many thanks! We are just now testing Voxility via London using the bandwidth.co.uk service

Our IP: 185.47.130.129

is routed via Voxility

Routing is ....

8    40 ms    40 ms    40 ms  fra-anc-02gw.voxility.net [80.81.195.144]
     9   110 ms    42 ms    46 ms  fra-eq5-01gw.voxility.net [93.115.89.1]
     10    45 ms    42 ms    76 ms  fra-anc-01c.voxility.net [109.163.237.30]
     11    50 ms    53 ms    51 ms  lon-tel-01c.voxility.net [93.115.91.226]
     12    38 ms    38 ms    37 ms  xe-0-2-8.rt0.thn.bandwidth.co.uk [5.254.107.70]
     13    38 ms    38 ms    37 ms  uk1-router.ginernet.com [217.146.94.147]
     14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     16    81 ms    80 ms    80 ms  ginernet.com [185.47.130.129]

• CNSjackCNSjack Member
    edited February 2015

From our experience. Voxility definitely provides good value service. Support is extremely fast and able to handle most issues in a timely manner.

@jmginer said:

There will be some delay could be up to a minute or two on the detection unless you use always-on, but there are false blockings with always-on, it's not recommended to use always-on.

It's possible during big attacks if you get big attacks, or other customers attracts, we've seen them from time to time. But no provider is perfect right?

L3, L4 yes.
    L7 for web only, note that their L7 is not transparent, source IP will be from their IPs.

• Good for game servers?

It depends on what kind of game server you run, TCP or UDP? and what kind of attack you are getting. If you run a TCP game server and getting hit with UDP attack then it shouldn't be much problem. If you run TCP game server and get hit with TCP attacks, it could be a problem. If you run UDP game server and get hit with a decent size spoofed UDP attacks, sorry you are down.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@nexusrain said:
    But that's Moldau, not Romania.

Bandwidth is provided by Voxility in Bucharest.

clamhost said: Routing is ....

Is fine. Most of the filtering capacity of Voxility is available in Frankfurt, not London.

• @clamhost said:

Voxility always routes through the closest location, they have locations in multiple cities. UK customers will be routed through a UK voxility pop.

• @tr1cky said:

I wouldn't say always, because some carriers they use are not in all locations, example would be NTT. But for European traffic, it should be routed correctly most of the time.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We looked at Voxility for LA. Too expensive for our offerings and no negotiation on MRC.

• How much would it cost? I do not even know what to offer since I am afraid to low ball.

• @Nick_A said:
    We looked at Voxility for LA. Too expensive for our offerings and no negotiation on MRC.

Curious how much they quoted, though I believe it will be $2k+.

@jakelong said:
    How much would it cost? I do not even know what to offer since I am afraid to low ball.

I'm sure there are lowend providers utilize Voxility network. It would be helpful if you can state your budget and preferred location (US, EU?)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

CNSjack said: Curious how much they quoted, though I believe it will be $2k+.

GRE tunnel was over $2k. Direct cross connect (since we're in LA1) was under $2k but not low enough to make it reasonable for our usage.

• yes, but they offer guaranteed mitigation and they never nullroute, unlike staminus which is limited to 20gbps.

The price is fair, you would pay MUCH more to staminus for guaranteed 100gbps+

• @apollo15 said:
    yes, but they offer guaranteed mitigation and they never nullroute, unlike staminus which is limited to 20gbps.

The price is fair, you would pay MUCH more to staminus for guaranteed 100gbps+

The "never nullroute" part is not true. We've been nulled many times due to big attacks...but obviously we can't complaint, we can't expect them to take hundred gigs of attacks for only a few k per month.

• how big was the attack exactly? Got graphs?

I had many attacks over 100gbps+ and they tanked it without a blink