Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Web-Hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Web-Hosting?

Hi there, I am going to make a large gaming community and I am searching for a nice, secure web host providing a domain with it. I don't want the price to be too high.

Comments

• Misterhost's package may help you:
    http://misterhost.net/cart.php

Am hosting my community also there and works great.

Good luck.

• Buyvm...cheap and great service.

• I dont provide a domain but you can grab a .co at namecheap for under $1.

I provide Dallas, Amsterdam and Jacksonville send me a PM plans start at €1.50/year :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Free subdomain and packages from $3/year. Link is in my signature.

• 000Webhosting. Thats free thus the cheapest.

• SNetworks1 said: 000Webhosting. Thats free thus the cheapest.

Unfortunately not good. My account was suspended because I had embedded a proxy script that was not on a 000webhost server. They would have only unsuspended if I had paid them.

Buyvm is definitely good (I had VPS's with them) and seems really inexpensive. I am unable to find links to the shared hosting product on their website. https://vpsboard.com/topic/3953-buyvmnet-shared-5year-resellers-200month-dedicated-ipv4-ssd-raid/

In my opinion it is always better to register the domain with a separate registrar, for cheaper pricing and more flexibility (no need to transfer domain when changing hosting provider).

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited February 2015

@raysmta said:
    Hi there, I am going to make a large gaming community and I am searching for a nice, secure web host providing a domain with it. I don't want the price to be too high.

For shared Hosting: https://spaceweb.eu/shared-hosting.html

(4EUR/year)

Well , the quality is good.. my users love interworx :)

• @4n0nx said:
    In my opinion it is always better to register the domain with a separate registrar, for cheaper pricing and more flexibility (no need to transfer domain when changing hosting provider).

Its an utterly crap host, its gotten even worse than when I used it a couple of yeas ago, but its one of the few "free" hosts that give you decent access.

• 2freehosting dot com

20GB disk space
    150GB bw.
    Pr0n storage.

• said: a large gaming community

You want to make a large community while using like a 2 bucks per year shared hosting? Sorry to burst your dream but...not gonna happen.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • inklightinklight Member
    edited February 2015

@spammy said:

to be honest if his site that popular he defiantly need to VPS at less . no shared provider will accept this can of resource consuming

• @raysmta said:
    a nice, secure web host

Ok...

I don't want the price to be too high.

Sure you can get good value shared hosting but if you want "to make a large gaming community" at some point your probably going to have to upgrade/migrate depending on how large large is....

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • As it's a gaming community you'd definitely want denial of service protection with your package in my opinion. So many people get angry because you killed them in a video game. I actually considered this when picking out my latest home router. I've been sent denial of service attacks before from angry children on the internet. Usually they befriend a mod in order to grab your IP.

TL;DR - You'll want a provide that has denial of service protection as gaming communities attract Denial of Service like crazy.