Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yearly lowend VPS in Singapore or Hong Kong
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yearly lowend VPS in Singapore or Hong Kong

Any suggestions for yearly low end VPS at SG/HK. I have very little requirements, apart from location. 100 GB bandwidth would be plenty. Direct Equinix peering would be even more awesome.

I looking for a box to ssh tunnel my traffic through. My ISP has direct lines to Equinix HK, and SG, with plenty of spare bandwidth around the clock, and really low ping times. Every other international link they have is saturated, during peak hours. They have a monopoly in my neighborhood and I am forced to work around this.

I currently use Digital Ocean in SG (they peer at Equinix). I am extremely satisfied with it, but it is an overkill, and there must be someone providing one for less than $5 a month.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I don't think you will find much for less than $5/m in the region.

• Don't think you'll find anything in HK for less than DO Singapore. Few hosts mentioned in this thread:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/36887/cheap-singapore-vps

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

said: Digital Ocean in SG (they peer at Equinix). I am extremely satisfied with it, but it is an overkill,

Just find some more uses for it, set up a website or blog, run your own mail server, store backups (20GB is enough for stuff like documents and photos, encrypted of course) etc.