Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• xyzxyz Member

Has anyone managed to exceed 30TB in a month on one of these? I'm just interested whether the connection is truly unlimited.

By the way, they're also offering quarterly billing cycles too, although it's a huge ripoff compared to the annual pricing.

• javax1javax1 Member
    edited January 2015

@mehargags said:
    By the way... how do you Overall rate Hetzner ...at an average!

In short: 10/10
    I've got a vps with them since 2011. I've only had a couple of issues with it (very short downtimes - 5 to 10 minutes). Planned work is announced in advance.

In 2012 my server was hacked and SPAM was sent out. Hetzner handled it well - they informed me of the problem, did not suspend the service and gave me some time (short) to respond to the problem.

Their network is good. Pings from the UK are around 45ms - 70ms.

I have been thinking now for a while about renting some dedis from them as I will need them for my app projects. I would have done it already if not for the IPs - I don't want to pay for their flexi-pack just to be allowed to pay for additional IPs (around 6-14 per server).

I can't find anything bad to say about Hetzner. They seem to know what they are doing and it seems that their customers need to know what they're doing too.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited January 2015

xyz said: Has anyone managed to exceed 30TB in a month on one of these? I'm just interested whether the connection is truly unlimited.

If there was a limit, it would only be outgoing traffic. http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

They said there is no limit many times.

Uniwebhosting seems to offer .co domains for $15 recurring.
    ( http://uniwebhosting.com/panel/ )

Isn't that pretty cheap? Even without whois protection? (emphasis on recurring)

• LeeLee Veteran

If the traffic limit is exceeded then the bandwidth will be restricted to 10 Mbit/s.

• W1V_Lee said: If the traffic limit is exceeded then the bandwidth will be restricted to 10 Mbit/s.

hetzner robot 30TB(image)
    support response unlimited(image)

• LeeLee Veteran

You believe Uniwebhosting, I will believe Hetzner.

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • W1V_Lee said: You believe Uniwebhosting, I will believe Hetzner.

Why?

http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en#Option_1

If you expect to exceed the traffic limit on a regular basis, we can offer a permanent default connection for your server. This means that if your server crosses the traffic limit the connection will not be restricted but you will be charged € 1.17 (price plus VAT, if applicable) per additional TB.

One would assume that if you enable this "Option 1", the server will still read "30TB". Don't you think?

• @4n0nx said:
    One would assume that if you enable this "Option 1", the server will still read "30TB". Don't you think?

Sure, as far as I know that's how it works. So if you use 50TB of traffic, uniwebhosting will "gift" you those ~25€?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • NeoXiD said: Sure, as far as I know that's how it works. So if you use 50TB of traffic, uniwebhosting will "gift" you those ~25€?

I don't know lol. Just saying that, whatever agreement they may have with Hetzner, it might not display in the server label. (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

• Long day. But I'm still here!

• Since Hetzner does not do custom agreements, I guess uniwebhosting will just pay for each additional TB.

• some people in serbija have other minds - thats it - why uniwebhosting have other rules and offers...

• @4n0nx said:
    They said there is no limit many times.

Sure, I just was asking if anyone actually did exceed it.
    Because technically, the 10Mbps shaping is also "unlimited" and it's possible that there are language barriers and all...

• xyz said: Because technically, the 10Mbps shaping is also "unlimited" and it's possible that there are language barriers and all...

Oh pls. It's a Hetzner server without the 30TB limit. Just ask their email/chat support until you are satisfied with the response (like every customer should do with every company before purchase).

• How can uniwebhosting rent this server with $19/month annually , and this price will reach to $15.28/month for triennially, the server SPECs is: CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3 RAM: 32 GB DDR3 RAM HDD: 2x 2 TB 6 Gb/s SATA HDD Traffic: 200Mbit Unmetered

I'm wonder how can they do that ? the price is too low to be realistic

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @alsemany said:
    How can uniwebhosting rent this server with $19/month annually , and this price will reach to $15.28/month for triennially, the server SPECs is: CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3 RAM: 32 GB DDR3 RAM HDD: 2x 2 TB 6 Gb/s SATA HDD Traffic: 200Mbit Unmetered

I'm wonder how can they do that ? the price is too low to be realistic

It's clearly a load of old bollocks pal, steer clear and don't give them another thought.

• Nekki said: It's clearly a load of old bollocks pal, steer clear and don't give them another thought.

Was thinking the same, or just get loads of people to pay up front within 2 months then close and disappear, you've made yourself a pretty penny

• MgspsMgsps Member
    edited February 2015

This is a promotional price which Uniweb offers, for the first year of the lease servers. 50% discount. Uniweb operates 10 years. server can be paid one month as a test period. Uniweb has a lot of leased servers.

• @Mgsps said:
    This is a promotional price which Uniweb offers, for the first year of the lease servers. 50% discount. Uniweb operates 10 years.

I'm sure they do, new member. Are you associated with them?

Thanked by 2Lee BuyAds
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@Mgsps said:
    This is a promotional price which Uniweb offers, for the first year of the lease servers. 50% discount. Uniweb operates 10 years. server can be paid one month as a test period. Uniweb has a lot of leased servers.

Are you part of Uniweb?

Edit - Missed previous post :P

• MgspsMgsps Member
    edited February 2015

I'm an operator. For any questions please send us an email.

• LeeLee Veteran

Mgsps said: For any questions please send us an email.

Now you have joined there is no need, people can ask here.

Thanked by 2BuyAds netomx
  • W1V_Lee said: Now you have joined there is no need, people can ask here.

He probably doesn't know that LET is the center of the world.

Not a single complaint ITT and the promotion has been ongoing for a while. What more do you want? Higher prices? (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

• LeeLee Veteran

4n0nx said: He probably doesn't know that LET is the center of the world.

He must, given two people from the company have now signed up and posted.

Who was the owner of this host again? Was a name given?

• W1V_Lee said: He must, given two people from the company have now signed up and posted.

They signed up everywhere else,too lol.

W1V_Lee said: Who was the owner of this host again? Was a name given?

Send them an email and ask. :P

• LeeLee Veteran

4n0nx said: Send them an email and ask. :P

I will be soon, I am almost there with some things.

• Not assuming anything but 144.76.223.241 is currently web-scrapping a VPS of mine.
    rdns: ns1.uniwebhosting.com

• Full info
    Sat, 21 Feb 2015 11:52:21 +0100 Running: 0.4.10a3 / 76
    Host: static.214.106.76.144.clients.your-server.de
    IP: 144.76.106.214
    Score: 3
    Violation count: 2
    Why blocked: SEO detection (UA-0175.1). your-server.de, Known host of attack scripts. Not an access provider (HN-0133). Hetzner (ASN-HETZ-9).
    Query: p=2
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 - James BOT - WebCrawler http://cognitiveseo.com/bot.html

• MgspsMgsps Member
    edited February 2015

ns1.uniwebhosting.com it is hosting shared hosting server, is not our site (uniwebhositng.com - ns8.uniwebhosting.com ip 88.198.62.6), the server will soon be replaced by a new server. on a shared server hositng possible problems. It is not related to our site uniwebhosting.com.

ns1.uniwebhosting.com will soon get a new ip address and a new server, ip address and server 144.76.223.241 тurn off in next 48-72h.

• Is someone using them?

Also Mgsps can you please provide PIB & other things of the company I will check it.Because you dont have that things on website...