Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Business owners/employees: Do you spend all day working? Promotion, advertising, etc? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Business owners/employees: Do you spend all day working? Promotion, advertising, etc?

2»

Comments

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

@EricCubixCloud said: You're actually working on something or doing what I do... get distracted then look at the clock and see how much time I've wasted? :P

Nah I am generally working but I do tend to have distractions going all the time with multi monitors.

• No, but i work 02-17 :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@damian
    Would that be answering tickets? Or what did you have in mind?

I think I put in atleast 12 hrs a day with things related in one way or another to my work.

• RandyRandy Member

i spes atleast 6hours or more. i got a smartlhone to help me cover whem i am out
    when you guys outsorce as in support?

• TazTaz Member

@Randy Fix your whmcs dude. Broken icons, leftover code(near footer) + Why do you have different logo in different places?

• RandyRandy Member
    edited July 2012

@NH thanks i will fix those later when i have access to a pc.

as for the logo i forgot to update for wmcs;-)

Edit : Fixed

• I average a bit over 100 hours of actual work in a typical week, mostly management/customer relations (with some of our high-end customers)/"r&d"

• VictorVictor Member

Spend most of time browsing LET/LEB, looking for new projects to work on and answering the occasional tickets. :)

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • I would hope Employees actually work during their time "on the clock" :-)

I myself average about 14 hours a day where i work, if my taskload permits it i work less on certain days to spend time with the girlfriend, friends etc.
    Most of my day goes to keeping in touch with the staff, following up on escalated tickets, "general" business tasks legalities and so on, following the related news and if i find myself with a little time on my hands i'll go and visit some forums.

Thanked by 1EricCubixCloud
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I spend typically from 14 to 16 hours daily working, as this time includes browsing on different forums, related to hosting, which I still consider as some kind of research, however in total not more than 1 hour on average day. Support on my side is not outsourced yet, as I am still looking for reliable alternative. My customers rarely have issues, so it is quite over the support dept and as I am not yet promising 24/7 support, tickets are handled by me in that 14-hour time I am working. As most of my friends are working, they are often tired and as I am single for 2 months now, I have plenty of time and has happened to work for more than 16 hours straight.
    However, to keep on track I keep record of the things that are done and need to be done every day. The things I spend more time on varry - depending if I am looking for new customers or now, if I am going to expand in some other area and etc., meaning for example if I am trying to expand, I spend more time on doing research and on developing the thing I am about to offer to expand.
    I do take holidays, though, which is quite relaxing and gets me back on my feet really fast, @rds100 can confirm that in BG there are some nice places you can be on a holiday :) . Out of town, to relax, to spend time with my family or with friends. I can't leave to anywhere without my laptop and a 3g dongle, though. Even when I am going to other town/city, I just have the feeling that everything would just collapse and break down the second I get out of the office or out of home.

• @Brandon said: What's your company name?

http://www.daddycheese.com

• Ah okay that makes more sense.

• @ztec said: Loving the name!

>

Thanks ;)

• @Damian -- He was a friend through the interwebs.

You could check freelancer.com -- Do a few interviews, whatnot. Or WHT Job Posts? Pay, Per ticket if they're casual, or per hour if they're not.