Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

backup servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

backup servers

2»

Comments

• RandyRandy Member

actually would adding a 2nd drive to my main server would be a better option? or a different server?

• VictorVictor Member

@Randy said: actually would adding a 2nd drive to my main server would be a better option? or a different server?

Definitely a different server, and preferably in a different network/data centre.

• RandyRandy Member

Jack, i cant stop myself from getting servers from VD. are you sure they are okay? :)

• @Randy said: Jack, i cant stop myself from getting servers from VD. are you sure they are okay? :)

Don't you use limestonenetworks? Isn't their bandwidth super expensive? Because you could easily use all your bandwidth with backups.

• RandyRandy Member

@Spencer said: Don't you use limestonenetworks? Isn't their bandwidth super expensive? Because you could easily use all your bandwidth with backups.

yes, they are very expensive. :) thats why i would either get another server or somthing

• http://www.godaddy.com/email/online-storage.aspx

Deluxe 100G HDD for only $2.49 /month,and you can get 30% off ifyou can got some coupon anywhere

the cheapest backup server that i can found allover the world

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@vistaxie Looks like it requires a special application. Completely useless to most system admin.

• @vistaxie said: Deluxe 100G HDD for only $2.49 /month,and you can get 30% off ifyou can got some coupon anywhere

the cheapest backup server that i can found allover the world

They limit the upload file size to 1GB.

• klikliklikli Member

@KuJoe said: Looks like it requires a special application. Completely useless to most system admin.

Direct FTP access is provided and allowed. But I think most providers here has more than 100GB of data and overage charges are unacceptable. :P

• RandyRandy Member

woulda server without any RAID for backups a bad idea?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2012

@Randy depends. If you have multiple diverse backup servers - then not having RAID might be OK, since you already have the data stored elsewhere.
    For instance google's servers don't use RAID, but they have the same data stored on multiple servers in different locations.

• @Spencer said: They limit the upload file size to 1GB.

Upload up to a 2 GB file