Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

low-end dedicated - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

low-end dedicated

2»

Comments

• pbgben said: It was a suggestion for a VPS. He didn't want the provider to "run off" with his money or data

I always read your username as 'pigben'.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited January 2015

@lowendbrowser said:
    I already have plenty of VPS. But frankly, with my budget VPS providers, I don't trust them to pay attention to more than their bottom line; ie. security is probably not their priority. Email is very important to me because password resets go there.

If you're worried about reliability, don't use Kimsufi (and probably not Delimiter either, but I might just have had bad luck with them). Online.net has been pretty reliable so far, but I still think that you'll be better off finding a reputable VPS hoster instead of using some low-end dedi.

• @ucxo said:
    If you're worried about reliability, don't use Kimsufi (and probably not Delimiter either, but I might just have had bad luck with them). Online.net has been pretty reliable so far, but I still think that you'll be better off finding a reputable VPS hoster instead of using some low-end dedi.

Yep.. kimsufi dead -> buying a new server is easier than having it fixed sometimes

So I switched to a VPS, which experienced short downtime to an abuser. Now my mail server is on a kidechire. :)

• @lowendbrowser said:
    Thanks. Hmm, for my awareness, is oneprovider a reseller?

Yes, they are reseller for online. See here:

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server

• @4n0nx said:
    Now my mail server is on a kidechire. :)

With offsite backup?

• wych said: With offsite backup?

yeh :D daily rsync cronjob and of course all the devices connected to the mail server store the mails,too.