Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seriously?

96mb96mb Member
edited July 2012 in Providers

So I posted a review on Amanah yesterday, and guess what? My free VPS with them was terminated just now :)

Moral of the story - Don't post anything that is less than positive about them (and I do not consider the review I had with them was really negative) if you want your free VPS. (You can read my post here: http://www.96mb.com/96mb-low-end-vps-review-part-51-amanah-tech-512mb-vps/)

And I guess a general note to the providers: Please do not consider your request for a VPS review is a request for "positive" VPS review by default, I will only speak what I see :)

**EDIT: **Screenshot added [img] http://imgur.com/RANHq [/img]

UPDATE: Turns out they have terminated all free VPS and need users to sign up again and provide backlink to them after 30 days, the termination has nothing to do with my review, apologies for making the assumptions.

Thanked by 3marrco jcaleb lbft

Comments

• Haha how childish of them :P

• 96mb96mb Member

@djvdorp said: Haha how childish of them :P

LOL, talking about being real professional :)

I actually got a screenshot on this, but imgur is blocked in my office, arghhh...

• @96mb said: LOL, talking about being real professional :)

I actually got a screenshot on this, but imgur is blocked in my office, arghhh...

Are tinypic.com, imageshack.us and postimage.org too :( ?

How can a company just 'expect' only positive reviews; what would the value of your review site be then?

• 96mb96mb Member

@djvdorp said: Are tinypic.com, imageshack.us and postimage.org too :( ?

Yap, all of them :)

• Just shows they have something to be afraid of. If a customer ever wrote a bad review about my services i would confront them and try and find a resolution not terminate them.

• @djvdorp said: How can a company just 'expect' only positive reviews; what would the value of your review site be then?

Perhaps they are one of those companies that pay's the top 10 review sites.. ow how old skool...

• KairusKairus Member

@96mb said: Yap, all of them :)

I'm sure you could find a LEB to host an image on :).

• @djvdorp said: imgur is blocked in my office, arghhh..

send the pic by email as attachment to [email protected] and you will get an email with the link

Thanked by 3gsrdgrdghd djvdorp tux
  • 96mb96mb Member

@peppr said: send the pic by email as attachment to [email protected] and you will get an email with the link

Did not know that trick, thanks :)

• DamianDamian Member

@96mb said: Don't post anything that is less than positive about them

Sounds like our old datacenter...

• 96mb96mb Member

@Damian said: Sounds like our old datacenter...

LOL, we share the pain...
    On that note I could actually move what I had on that VPS to the 50 cents VPS I have bought with you guys :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Call it as you test it. You have so much VPS anyways.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Do you consider your review negative? Maybe my reading Engrish is worse than usual but I don't consider it negative, not great but not negative...

• 96mb96mb Member

@prometeus said: Do you consider your review negative? Maybe my reading Engrish is worse than usual but I don't consider it negative, not great but not negative...

Anything less than saying "Amanah is perfect" is probably negative to them :)

• AndriAndri Member

They are terminating mine too, just now, it's a free VPS thou'.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I don't find it negative too =/

• jcalebjcaleb Member

There are some not too great comments. The I/O and support.

• 96mb96mb Member

@Andri said: They are terminating mine too, just now, it's a free VPS thou'.

Sorry, I guess my bad mouth just got another victim

• 96mb96mb Member

@jcaleb said: There are some not too great comments. The I/O and support.

It is what I saw so it is what I would post :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@96mb I'll give you my host1free =)

• gianggiang Veteran

I see that they was offering 1 month free VPS and you got 50 days uptime? :D

• 96mb96mb Member
    edited July 2012

@giang said: I see that they was offering 1 month free VPS and you got 50 days uptime? :D

They offered another free VPS service that was free forever, supposedly, but I guess it stops when you post a "negative" review :)

• lbftlbft Member
    edited July 2012

Mine's terminated too. I'm not upset but an email in advance would've been nice.

Edit: someone who was using their VPS for a production site and lost data would probably not buy from them in the future and tell their friends, so it seems like a bad idea to just drop them without notice.

@giang said: I see that they was offering 1 month free VPS and you got 50 days uptime? :D

It was one month free on the 512, but the 128 was a previous indefinitely free offer.

• 96mb96mb Member

@jcaleb said: @96mb I'll give you my host1free =)

Ha, that's another option, I should have that one on my inventory list as well....mmm...what's my login for that box? :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

Aren't they afraid to make you irritated? I mean the ranking of your blog and LET thread =)

edit: @96mb PM sent for my host1free. Haha!

• @djvdorp said: Haha how childish of them :P

Maybe they're actually kids!

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Go59954 said: Maybe they're actually kids!

Summer Host?

• 96mb96mb Member

@jcaleb said: Aren't they afraid to make you irritated? I mean the ranking of your blog and LET thread =)

I think they are mostly a dedi provider, VPS was more like a side-business for them and LEB was probably something they purely do for fun/experiment.

• 96mb96mb Member

@HalfEatenPie said: @Go59954 said: Maybe they're actually kids!

Summer Host?

Nope, the owner actually called me over the phone several times (I actually put my real phone number during registration, not some random local nightclub numbers) to ask me what he should do with the free services (I used the admin AT 96MB email to sign up with them so I guess he probably read through my blog) and the voice was definitely a middle-aged person...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Jack maybe the 45.5 MB/s IO