Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October 2011 Dead Pool Discussion - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

October 2011 Dead Pool Discussion

2»

Comments

• Yeah, perhaps an Undead Pool? :)

• I thought we were calling it the Zombie pool?

• drmike said: I thought we were calling it the Zombie pool?

Doesn't really fit. Unlike the now-defunct scam artists, zombies have a traditional interest in acquiring brains :3

• biplab said: Yes, you always mention in your post about the sponsors. I appreciate that. :)

Our sponsors, wherever they are!

• I think I have a contestant that already secured a place in November's Dead Pool:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1092740

• The irony of the ipap thread on WHT:

well, if you read the comments on their LEB offer then blame only yourself

Someone make that poster an WHT admin as they actually have a clue. Much more so than many folks around here.

• LydiaNET ( AKA IPAP Co. ) Webhosting

Dear ____ ____,

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. The details of this suspension are below:

Product/Service: Giant
    Domain: ____
    Amount: $14.99 USD
    Due Date: 24/10/2011
    Suspension Reason: Overdue on Payment

Please contact us as soon as possible to get your service reactivated.

IPAP CO. Webhosting

They lowered the port speed, the monthly bandwidth allowance, its been offline more than its been online, was offline when I went to view the invoice, and still expected me to keep paying the same amount. What a joke of a company.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Wait wait.

They lowered your BW cap? from what to what?

Francisco

• Originally it was advertised as 1gbit uplink with 20TB of bandwidth. Now it is 100mbps, and since it is a german server, 5TB.

• Probably has something to do with the email Hetzner sent them a while back:

Hello,

20 minutes ago, we have again a attack from one of your servers. This is an
    insufficient state. We will not accept this amount of attacks. It isn't enough to
    say that you will fix it. You must fix it before we unlock the server.

If you say that it will not happens again and we see again a attack of the
    servers, we must cancel the gbit connection in the next step.

Your servers are more often the source of attacks then all other customers on the
    router.
  • Ya, I figured it had to do with that.

• @kalam I hate to sound rude but with over 900 mostly negative comments, what made you want to give them any money?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

drmike said: @kalam I hate to sound rude but with over 900 mostly negative comments, what made you want to give them any money?

The majority of the time people are really hoping it won't happen to them or that they aren't going to really get hit by those issues. If all of ipapsmear's problems were simply in support, a user that requires literally no support could actually be OK with them.

Francisco

• I figured why not. I actually filled up all 500 gigs, and technically got a month free when they credited it for that major downtime/site renovation. If they could fix their downtime's and actually provide decent upload speeds (very rarely saw above 10Mb/s) they'd be fine.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

VMport said: Too early to say eNetsouth :P ? Joking. Although seriously, who knows at this rate. @LEA Is it LET or LEB hosted on one of there node's?

Its LET, and I dont think its too soon.