Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When Buyvm NY location will be available? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When Buyvm NY location will be available?

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Miky said: Any idea already if we could hope for stock in SJ when people will start moving?

There will be yes :) We'll continue to reload whatever is available.

Francisco

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Will there be vswap in OVZ? Also how does first dibs for existing clients work?

@jcaleb said: Will there be vswap in OVZ? Also how does first dibs for existing clients work?

The only vswap that's going to happen is a public testing grounds we'll be rolling in SJ in the later parts of next month.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: The only vswap that's going to happen is a public testing grounds we'll be rolling in SJ in the later parts of next month.

Did you seen something in the later .32 commit that changed your mind?

@prometeus said: Did you seen something in the later .32 commit that changed your mind?

I'm waiting on the cgroup_futex fix to get addressed. Once that's done I'll likely put it back into a beta test.

All of the panics we had were related to that and a memleak they had.

Fran

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: All of the panics we had were related to that and a memleak they had.

Thanks and congratulation for the new location :-)

• corpuscorpus Member

@liamwithers said: 60ms better ping than current VPS with you.

60 ms also better ping for me. from greece

• @Francisco said: I'm waiting on the cgroup_futex fix to get addressed. Once that's done I'll likely put it back into a beta test.

You may want to take a pinch of salt on when that will get fixed, they have critical bugs from 2010 that are still not patched.

• rds100rds100 Member

Hey, it's open source project. Everyone not happy with a particular bug should feel free to write a patch and submit it.

• @rds100 said: Hey, it's open source project. Everyone not happy with a particular bug should feel free to write a patch and submit it.

Doesn't Parallels pay them to fix it though?

• rds100rds100 Member

@MrLadoodle no idea about this.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited July 2012

@Francisco is the same tos valid on the new location? Eg on torrenting and such (with non us ip)

@Francisco is the same tos valid on the new location? Eg on torrenting and such (with non us ip)

Nothing changes in that regard.

Francisco

• Thanks, this was the fastest reply ever!