Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard Drive Giveaway - Datashack (3x500GB SATA + 4x73GB SAS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hard Drive Giveaway - Datashack (3x500GB SATA + 4x73GB SAS)

AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
edited January 2015 in Offers

Hi guys, well, thought rather then having these drives just sit in my server doing absolutely nothing may as well get rid of them.

4x Seagate 73GB 15K SAS (can't remember part number and they are just sitting out of lock position on the server)
3x Western Digital 500GB SATA2 WD5002ABYS

They are all used, but still all work perfectly fine.

Options:

1) if you have a Colo there (or dedi, you may need to ask them if they will put your own drives in) and want them they will provide free remote hands on my side to remove them etc.

2) Send to you. You will need a Prepaid Shipping label (and probably a box to put them in) and they will send them off to you. just pay for shipping

3) Go pick them up if you're local.

Price: Well... Free.. can always pay if you'd like but they are FREEEEE..

Thanked by 2upfreak comXyz

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

- Related :P

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

How much would shipping be? If they aren't taken, I'm interested.

• @pbgben -what movie is that from, i swear i've seen everything adam sandler is in, but cant remember that :P

@matthewvz - Ummm.. Umm.. not entirely sure. of course it depends where you are etc, average hard drive is less then 1kg (2.2pounds) i think.

So, if you hop on to a few shipping places and check how much 7kg or so in a box that should fit 7 drives is. that should be around the right price.

sorry can't be much help, as i'm in Australia everything is harder for me with American Logistics :P haha

• I'll take them, how much is shipping?

• @nexmark ^^
    i'm not going to be calculating shipping for everyone, i dare say first one that organises a pre-paid shipping slip thing with me (and more then likely a box) would be the one that gets them. weight would be 7-8kg.

i will get more information from the Datacentre later on today hopefully as their Facilities Department isn't currently open

• PM sent to you @AutoSnipe :-)

• Is it possible to get one or two 500GB drives?

@AutoSnipe said:

Its Bedtime story

BTW, shipping in the us will most likely kill those drives :)

• The title is misleading. I thought this is a promo from datashack