Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favourite LowEndBox location - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Favourite LowEndBox location

Comments

• fanfan Veteran

Anywhere in US west coast or Japan will be my best choice.

• A VPS on the ISS anyone? ;-)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011
  • just ordered an ovh server need another location though australia and iceland too expensive at this rate ill be ordering new look can get a good deal with joe's dc or datashack due to my other project server-store.co.uk

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Try for Japan ? or India ? Somewhere in Asia ?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

It's almost impossible to get low cost vps in otherwise well connected nordic countries (Finland, Norway..) but I see often people searching for them. It's most likely too expensive for budget host to be hosted there however sooner or later we will see also this. I hope sooner... :)

I think try asia now..

• France or Germany covers most of Europe nicely. Yes, there are plenty VPS providers in Europe, but most of them fail miserably.

I'd only take UK VPS to watch BBC, can you get something really minimal in UK? Btw, is there IPv6 iPlayer? >_>

• @vedran yes you can bit outdated but http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056296777

our mini xen vps's have 1pv6 enabled and are uk based if we dont take your fancy @vmport also provides uk vps's who i recommend.

• Thanks Daimon. Everyone wants australia :P, to the bat-cave!

• @vmport you might need to take bank manager to bat cave with you either that or sell the vps at way higher than leb <$7

• I'm not so sure I'd want a provider in the bat-cave. As soon as evening hits the connection speed drops like a rock because of all the outgoing traffic and screeching.

Here in Texas we already have lots of large VPS providers like softlayer and such. Honestly, the way things keep going I'm not sure I would trust some providers in the bankrupt states like CA anymore. The VPS company may be fine - but if the state goes bust that could cause some problems.

• if you find a way of making an aussie node profitable pm me and tell me lol

• @xeoncross i'd have a server in the bat cave if cat woman could be the hands on techy lol

• South East Asia is sorely lacking of a LEB provider, say in Singapore or Japan.

• UK or Germany

Belgium would be awesome also, since i never saw one at LEB

• In my house right next to me lol.

• xprotocept said: Belgium would be awesome also

...but with so many low cost netherland vps providers it wouldn't make any difference unless you're from Belgium.

Nordic european countries is way to go :P

• vedran said: Btw, is there IPv6 iPlayer?

No there isn't. Also surprised that so many LEBers want iPlayer.

I'd say UK would be a good location. Would love a UK LEB provider with lots of bandwidth :)

• @Ixape

What would you class as lots :P
    Been looking around all day at australia and south east asia, cant find anything that wouldnt put a LEB provider in the deadpool haha

• Australia is supposed to be high because they have limited bandwidth coming onto the island. We've had that discussion a couple of times now.

• daimonb said: Australia is just not feasible

$1,449/month is probably way too much for that setup. Where did you get the quote from? Looks like ServersAustralia? They are quite willing to do "deals". Tried DedicatedServers.net.au? 2x E5620, 16GB, 4x 450GB SAS, 1TB/month data = $660/month.

But still, I don't see it justifiable to host services in Australia, unless low latency for Australian users is a strict requirement. Australia only has 22 million people so most websites don't need to care about that big desert island in the middle of nowhere anyway...

• I'd quite like to see a gbit VPS in .SE too. Colocation prices are crazily expensive there though.

edited October 2011

Why go with Sweden?

• VMport said: What would you class as lots :P Been looking around all day at australia and south east asia, cant find anything that wouldnt put a LEB provider in the deadpool haha

1TB :)

• LowEndAdmin said: But still, I don't see it justifiable to host services in Australia, unless low latency for Australian users is a strict requirement. Australia only has 22 million people so most websites don't need to care about that big desert island in the middle of nowhere anyway...

You could find a lot of countries around Australia which somehow could benefit a "better" Australia :-) I nearly gave up to use github and chosed bitbucket for that exact reason.

• ok so thanks to a pm a received i will be looking at australia however please do not expect plans to fit into leb pricing. for leb pricing over the next few weeks we will have UK (xen and Openvz already available and new stock of openvz next week) New york openvz week after and ovh next week (xen? openvz? unsure yet) have room for one more and am still looking for suggestions.

• A well connected European location: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London etc.