Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Hacked - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Hacked

Comments

• u4iau4ia Member

Granted, my understanding of copyright probably isn't all it should be, but how can they make that claim? It was just browsing the site while it was not under their control. Would that even stand up if you countered it?

• u4iau4ia Member

Too late, @Asim posted first :)

• AsimAsim Member

@u4ia said: It was just browsing the site while it was not under their control

Exactly!! and it does not even have a WHMCS logo in it, yes the hacker can claim copyright over it, LOL but not WHMCS

• AsimAsim Member

Youtube told me that they will update me in 14 days time, lets see

• Good.

One of them said you cant stop an idea, but thing is its a stupid idea to want to put 1000s of credit cards at risk.

Thanked by 1Victor
  • @klikli said: You might want to read this article:

http://lifehacker.com/193343/ask-the-law-geek-is-publishing-screenshots-fair-use?tag=softwareaskthelawgeek

It wasn't a screenshot of WHMCS, but of the hacked version... so I don't think WHMCS can really claim ownership on it anyway...

Thanked by 1Asim
  • I'm beginning to think that the whmcs hack was a real hack. Whmcs Just used the excuse that it was S.E. Logged a tix with HG as proof and blamed HG. Common, explain why when the database was leaked they were hacked the 2nd time. They are coders they def know how to change their own passwords. Explain the patch after the hack etc etc.

• @cosmicgate said: Common, explain why when the database was leaked they were hacked the 2nd time. They are coders they def know how to change their own passwords. Explain the patch after the hack etc etc.

Coder isn't the same as smart.

Someone may have found an exploit in part of their site and not needed a password.

Someone may have decided now would be a good time to find an exploit, since they have a list of WHMCS installs; they may have found the source code somewhere and found an exploit; etc.

There are plenty of ways to explain all of this. And they're not even very far-fetched at all.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@cosmicgate said: Common, explain why when the database was leaked they were hacked the 2nd time.

It's easy to upload and hide shells/exploits once you remote a box. Though granted, the WHMCS team should've done a -thorough- cleaning, or even a fresh start, after a compromise.

• NevilNevil Member

UGNazi took over MyBB.com but the MyBB.com Team got it back now.

• CoreyCorey Member

I wonder if we have any updates on where this other Josh kid lives? :)

• AsimAsim Member

Finally my video has been restored and JoshTheGod aka "Mir Islam" has been arrested by FBI along with 23 others
    http://www.asim.pk/2012/06/30/youtube-restored-my-video-finally/

Thanked by 1u4ia
  • Its digracefull whmcs even tried to get your video censored. Just shows what sorta company whmcs really is..

Thanked by 1u4ia
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@DanielM said: Just shows what sorta company whmcs really is..

A responsible one for trying to protect their brand? :P

• @KuJoe said: A responsible one for trying to protect their brand? :P

How are they protecting there brand? By censoring videos about the hacking. IMHO anyone who is still with whmcs is silly. Just asking to be attacked.

• TazTaz Member

To err is a human, those who learn from it are Superman.
    seriously, there scripts been fine for a pretty long time and still is. Hostbill is never going to get where whmcs is. Simply cause they are not stable( per price and support).
    Whmcs has a huge Dev base and that itself is an A+ reason to why not to leave whmcs.

• KairusKairus Member

@DanielM said: IMHO anyone who is still with whmcs is silly. Just asking to be attacked.

Explain. It wasn't WHMCS' fault for getting 'hacked' why would anyone leave them?

• gianggiang Veteran

@Kairus said: Explain. It wasn't WHMCS' fault for getting 'hacked' why would anyone leave them?

Running a whole website on a very unsecure server (yes, one) is not a fault?

• @giang said: Running a whole website on a very unsecure server (yes, one) is not a fault?

A. How was the server insecure?

B. How does that translate to security hole in WHMCS?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: A. How was the server insecure?

HostGator.

• @MrLadoodle said: HostGator.

So you are saying it was Hostgators fault.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: So you are saying it was Hostgators fault.

Yes.

• KairusKairus Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: So you are saying it was Hostgators fault.

It was.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@Kairus said: It was.

I know.
    I used this point to disproove @giang.

@giang said: Running a whole website on a very unsecure server (yes, one) is not a fault?

• subigosubigo Member

Fuck WHMCS.

Thanked by 1jar
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@KuJoe said: A responsible one for trying to protect their brand? :P

They would have been responsible if they admitted the breach, timely informed their users, and made a best effort to resolve the situation.

They didn't.

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • @joepie91 said: They would have been responsible if they admitted the breach, timely informed their users, and made a best effort to resolve the situation.

They didn't?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@gsrdgrdghd said: They didn't?

For hours on end, over 24 hours even, there was no word from WHMCS about the breach towards customers, other than an obscure blog post. A license reseller was faster in informing users by e-mail than WHMCS itself. After the breach, several other servers were breached and WHMCS acted as if nothing was going on, instead of - as they should have done - taking everything offline for a security audit.