Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When Buyvm NY location will be available?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When Buyvm NY location will be available?

Go59954Go59954 Member
edited June 2012 in General

I've read somewhere that buyvm are launching an east coast location at NY, which was asked by many including myself, so now is that really going to happen or it's just "planned to"? If it's for real then may I know when it will be available?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Go59954 said: I've read somewhere that buyvm are launching an east coast location at NY, which was asked by many including myself, so now is that really going to happen or it's just "planned to"? If it's for real then may I know when it will be available?

Our contract was signed & paid for this past Sunday.

We have an unofficial 'starting date' of August 15th, but colocrossing has given us the ability to move our start dates up to whatever we want so long as we give them a few days notice to get the last things ready.

You're welcome to ping 209.251.62.1

This isn't our IP, it's just a test IP they gave me.

Danke,

Francisco

Thanked by 1Go59954
  • debugdebug Member

Will we be able to request a transfer to the new location/if so when would that be?

@debug said: Will we be able to request a transfer to the new location/if so when would that be?

We aren't doing transfers for people as there's going to be enough hectic things going on as it is.

If you wish to migrate you can order a new one, cancel the old one and get an automatic credit :)

Francisco

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@Francisco said: cancel the old one and get an automatic credit :)

Can you tell us more about that? Automatic credit by whmcs? Is it proportional with used months for yearly paid packages (ie. 8 months used, 4 months credited) or what?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

So no Atlanta location?

@Spirit said: Can you tell us more about that? Automatic credit by whmcs? Is it proportional with used months for yearly paid packages (ie. 8 months used, 4 months credited) or what?

As far as I know that's what Aldyric has coded. He wrote a fairly extensive WHMCS hook to handle all of this.

Francisco

@KuJoe said: So no Atlanta location?

coloat's offer was OK but I didn't like some of the terms they wanted.

Francisco

• Me gusta Atlanta mucho. Yo vivo en Miami, FL. Damn you Buffalloooooo!

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Running your own AS, your IPs on their AS, or DC IPs?
    (Just out of technical interest...)

@William said: Running your own AS, your IPs on their AS, or DC IPs?

(Just out of technical interest...)

Own AS, own IP space.

We got a /21 from ARIN already for over there with more space on the way sometime next week?

http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-199-195-248-0-1

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: coloat's offer was OK but I didn't like some of the terms they wanted.

I need to hang out in #frantech more, I feel out of the loop. :P

@KuJoe said: I need to hang out in #frantech more, I feel out of the loop. :P

you're always welcome

• AsimAsim Member

@Francisco said: You're welcome to ping 209.251.62.1

This isn't our IP, it's just a test IP they gave me.

Much better ping response from here, approx 100ms saved

• AsimAsim Member

@Francisco said: As far as I know that's what Aldyric has coded. He wrote a fairly extensive WHMCS hook to handle all of this.

I noticed this the last time I cancelled a KVM256 a few days ago

@Asim said: Much better ping response from here, approx 100ms saved

Yep, that sounds about right.

There will be very limited KVM over there if you're wanting one of them.

Francisco

• I should not sleep again until I got a new box there haha. Will mailing list members be mailed a while before sales/opening starts? You will probably not release all stock at once I assume?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

give priority to existing clients to sign up first?

• yomeroyomero Member

@Asim said: I noticed this the last time I cancelled a KVM256 a few days ago

I wanted that KVM, do you remember? >_<
    :P

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@yomero said: I wanted that KVM, do you remember? >_<

hmm... look the fuck we care:

• yomeroyomero Member

@netomx said: hmm... look the fuck we care:

Excuse me!!!????

@djvdorp said: I should not sleep again until I got a new box there haha. Will mailing list members be mailed a while before sales/opening starts? You will probably not release all stock at once I assume?

We'll give 72+ hours notice to the mailing list so people can think if they need one or not

@jcaleb said: give priority to existing clients to sign up first?

Yep.

Francisco

Thanked by 2djvdorp jcaleb
  • @Francisco said: @jcaleb said: give priority to existing clients to sign up first?

Yep.

You sir, just made my day. Nice IRC channel btw, I enjoy hanging by!

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Excited ;-)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

:D Less latency for me!

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited June 2012

Two of those vps are already gone cough once stock arrives, that's just fyi ;)

edited June 2012

@Dionysus said: Is there going to be another countdown again as to when exactly stock will be released?

Yep.

To TL;DR the list:

• Mailing list notifications (we're wanting 72 hours just so people can prep/think on it)
    • Countdown websites blasting 'ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN~'
    • Current customers in good standing have first dibs
    • There will be minimal KVM nodes to start (2 nodes worth it looks like)
    • Migrations will not be handled on our part. You'll need to order a new one and cancel your SJ. You'll automatically be credited whatever time is left against your SJ
    • The official test IP is 75.127.1.1. The IP we originally had was mostly correct but a few users reported it had more than L3. The 75 IP is hot off the colocrossing switches

Francisco

Thanked by 1vedran
  • @Francisco said: Current customers in good standing have first dibs

That is awesome :) thanks for all info @Francisco, it is much appreciated :D

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

@Francisco this is sounding very nice for me.. 60ms better ping than current VPS with you.

EDIT: That's from UK

edited June 2012
    • 128MB OVZ's will get placed randomly on either L5520's or possibly an E5 26xx. We will not migrate you to an E5 just because you want it
    • All other OVZ plans will be using an E5 26xx
    • All KVM's will be using E3 1230's
    • SSD caches will be enabled on all new deployments
    • There will be 1200+ 128's in this launch, depending on if we bring E5's in for them

Francisco

Thanked by 2djvdorp klikli
  • MikyMiky Member

Any idea already if we could hope for stock in SJ when people will start moving?