Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting maximum number of emails sent per hour
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting maximum number of emails sent per hour

which is the maximum number of emails sent per hour feel that it would be appropriate for a shared webhosting?

Comments

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited January 2015

100 I'd say

• 0 - you should use your own servers, or something like Mailgun.

• I send more than 100 in an hour. :) I probably would not use shared hosting though, I like my IPs clean. >.>

• 300 emails per hour thats 223.400 per month. Thats mean you will blacklist the host ip for years. I recommend xou to use mailjet or mandrill and not to blacklist the hosts.

• Depends on what the site is and what level of shared hosting, although as others suggested use Mandrill/Mailgun.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

4n0nx said: I probably would not use shared hosting though, I like my IPs clean.

There can be shared hosting with dedicated IP. Our Biz line has not only dedicated IP, but also dedicated resources with cloudlinux. We terminate in case of blacklisting, though, within hours.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited January 2015

@BuyAds said:
    300 emails per hour thats 223.400 per month. Thats mean you will blacklist the host ip for years. I recommend xou to use mailjet or mandrill and not to blacklist the hosts.

in cPanel there is additional protection as percentage of return mails not only allowed per hour for ours trigger protection early

We have 50 an hour on small accounts + 20% (10) returned will block sending for the hour (based on the idea that only lists get from the internet will have a lot of invalid emails) + csf monitoring for local relay and emails ... + outgoing mail is scanned for spam with spamassain plugin (dcc, razor and pyzor,) save me from troubles on several occasions with compromised WP sites ...
    http://technotes.trostfamily.org/?p=184

P.S I feel sorry for this Inteworkx guys they have suggestion for throttling for months (wihch is very easy cause even their users give them the solution)

So no throttling on interworx - you save $7 for the panel and get in trouble cause developers do not understand the problem... http://www.interworx.com/ideas/email-rate-limiting/
    and are busy with things that they think is more important

• I would like to add that "more than 100 in an hour" does not mean "more than 100 every hour". If there was a monthly limit of 720 hours*100 mails, I would by far not exceed it.

• @coolice said:

Well. InterWorx is great.

Here is the direct answer for why no email limit. And i think this should be avaible within the years.

In regards to outbound mail limiting, unfortunately at this time QMail does not have this functionality built in, however we are exploring the option of replacing QMail or finding a solution to this in future releases. Unfortunately making a wide-scale change to such a major component of the InterWorx platform is something that will take time due to current wide-spread usage, as well as development timelines to test and reliably integrate a new software to replace QMail.

I thank you for your understanding and patience and we do always readily welcome your input and suggestions!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

100 isn't a bad choice. However, the client can always open a ticket if they have a legit reason.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

100 per hour on all our shared servers with 5% bounces allowed. Every hour our Zabbix setup checks queue size and informs techs if it is above 40 emails, and if any of the IPs gets blacklisted.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

100 per hour.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited January 2015

@ZweiTiger said:

I thank you for your understanding and patience and we do always readily welcome your input and suggestions!

:)

Solution is in the third post in the request
    http://www.interworx.com/ideas/email-rate-limiting/

they do not keep attention what is published and just need to recompile qmail with throttle support
    i do not see any reason to not do so even it is with shell configuration only

That's why I've bashed them a little cause even centos-webpanel got this feature

• @coolice said:

Well.. i know! But this is not my work! :/