Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• 4n0nx said: Hurr durr you must work for uniwebhosting that's the only explanation.

Oh yea... I must do.

It's so hard to get IPv6 work with Hetzner BTW.

• Am glad to hear that jacob and wishing you all the best. Any domain hosted with thair server or you are still configuring the server?

• Ow i understand. :)

• jacobhere said: It's so hard to get IPv6 work with Hetzner BTW.

Oh? I had IPv6 connectivity from the start (right after installation), if that's what you mean. It randomly didn't work for ~6 hours though. Must have been a temporary error..

• @BuyAds said:
    Am glad to hear that jacob and wishing you all the best. Any domain hosted with thair server or you are still configuring the server?

Not plan to.. It's a R&D server.

• jacobherejacobhere Member
    edited January 2015

4n0nx said: Oh? I had IPv6 connectivity from the start (right after installation), if that's what you mean. It randomly didn't work for ~6 hours though. Must have been a temporary error..

Yes, it is up from the start, but after reboot, sometimes I need to ping the IPv6 gateway (FE80::1, not sure why) to get it work, same thing for the KVM guests. But after it's up, it's quite stable for me. Hetzner routes all the addon IPs to the main IP, that's not usual as well.

• FE80::1 is the gateway as it is matched on the router to the correct one. This is a feature of zeroconfig.

Thanked by 1jacobhere
    edited January 2015

@William said:
    FE80::1 is the gateway as it is matched on the router to the correct one. This is a feature of zeroconfig.

OK I understand, but why I need to ping it to get the ipv6 work most of the time after reboot?

• jacobhere said: OK I understand, but why I need to ping it to get the ipv6 work most of the time after reboot?

You reminded me of something I found when my IPv6 wasn't working. I browsed my history and found it again:
    https://serverfault.com/questions/477471/ipv6-only-works-after-pinging-the-default-gateway

Apparently you need to add "iface lo inet6 loopback" to /etc/network/interfaces.

Strangely IPv6 isn't working for me at the moment (I did not reboot or anything). ping6 fe80::1 returns "connect: Invalid argument". Maybe I should try adding that line to /etc/network/interfaces as well..

• Ok I fixed it temporarily with ping6 -I eth0 fe80::1.

/etc/init.d/networking anything throws a grep error at me and I can't reboot now. Tell me if "iface lo inet6 loopback" in /etc/network/interfaces works for you, @jacobhere ?

edited January 2015

4n0nx said: Ok I fixed it temporarily with ping6 -I eth0 fe80::1.

/etc/init.d/networking anything throws a grep error at me and I can't reboot now. Tell me if "iface lo inet6 loopback" in /etc/network/interfaces works for you, @jacobhere ?

I saw the same post you mentioned, but no luck, adding "iface lo inet6 loopback" in /etc/network/interfaces didn't solve my problem.

what I am doing is put "up ping6 -I eth0 -c 10 FE80::1" in /etc/network/interfaces ipv6 section.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Ok thanks I'll do that,too. ;D I wonder why it worked for me before? I have never pinged any gateway.

edited January 2015

Same thing to me, worked pretty well for the 1st week.

• I don't trust this at all...

• nocomnocom Member
    edited January 2015

http://whois.domaintools.com/uniwebhosting.com

also with number 7 Tosin Bunar

http://www.planplus.rs/prezentacija/31787/visoka-zdravstveno-sanitarna-skola-strukovnih-studija-visan?u=24437 use translate

no answer about office and corporate address from support (Lidija), also silence from @uniweb

Pepsi week i guess

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • Maybe send certified mail to Tosin Bunar 7? The only way you can be 101% sure.

• I'll ask some certified programmer from Belgrade (old friend) about that case, i lost only my time waiting and collecting

• LeeLee Veteran

nocom said: Uniwebhosting.com owner public images

Do we really need to be prying into their personal lives?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Public images marked with link http://www.uniwebhosting.com/ for marketing , what kind of privacy ?

• LeeLee Veteran

You are certainly trying hard to get that pound of flesh, justify it any way you like.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Not hard, but if you want please remove links no hard feelings here.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Do we really need to be prying into their personal lives?

Why not if they commit fraud ?

• alexvolk said: Why not if they commit fraud ?

o.O but they didn't?

• LeeLee Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    Why not if they commit fraud ?

Show me where there is fraud?

Thanked by 2Falzo 4n0nx
  • nocomnocom Member
    edited January 2015

I don't recommend this host at all

why?

Uniwebhosting about:
    je vlasništvo kompanije Uni Web Hosting Inc. koja je počela sa radom krajem 2005 godine i nalazi se u Amsterdamu, Holandija.

translated

is owned by Uni Web Hosting Inc. which began operations in late 2005 and is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

no valid adress

mobile phone with 365day 24hrs batt

no vat number

hard to find tos aup

to many bad reviews

my private Q to Uniweb:

January 8
    Hi it is possible to get more info about your office if any and your PIB (VAT) number, are you owner or poster only Thank you in advance ---- without answer

support:Owner in Holland- according to uniweblinked page with images you see almost all images are from Belgrade day by day

I was interested for uniwebhosting services, i don't care if you run from bus station or slabbing but ignorance hiding non supportive answers - i don't like that

w/o chance to ask about people inside uniwebhosting, how big support is, how many admins level 23 tech etc but i guess @W1V_Lee you don't care, 300$ ok here - take now

Good luck with i7-4770 E3-1246 v3

just saying: short version

I vote for GreenValueHost comeback

Who is with me on this?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2015

nocom said: I vote for GreenHost comeback
    Who is with me on this?

Nobody with at least half of a brain. Go away.

Thanked by 1wych
  • hard feelings ?

• You are right that correct pib and address should be provided, but I have not seen that from a lot of VPS providers here.

So far I received what I paid for and I will definitely come back in 6 months and tell you how it went. :) Or earlier, if something bad happened.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Show me where there is fraud?

OK, don't cry then.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2015

nocom said: i guess @W1V_Lee you don't care, 300$ ok here - take now

It's not that I don't care, I have if you look back noted concern about this provider. However having said that you know nothing. What you are describing is more than half of the providers on the planet.

In such an unregulated, toxic industry as web hosting where you can be a hosting "CEO" at 10 or 60, lie about your address, partner, owners, techs, hardware, fake the whois and so on, what you have listed says very little.

I am not saying what you have listed is right, just largely normal. I could tell you of several providers that are well known here and on WHT where everything about their very existence is a lie. I am certain some reading this will have much of the data I have that has come about over the years about many providers, but you know what, people are happy, the service is good, so why rock the boat.

Your comment about GVH says much about your intent here. You choose to compare with a company that has been proven without doubt to have lied and been intentionally deceitful.

Now of course uniwebhosting may yet drop an actual fraud by running when they have enough money which seems to be the thought process, nothing surprises me in this industry anymore, so if it happens, it happens. I won't loose any sleep over it.

alexvolk said: OK, don't cry then.

I take it you can't prove any fraud in that case, that is all you had to say.