Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best payment processor to send money to friend?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best payment processor to send money to friend?

Hi all,

I don't have PayPal and I want to send money to my friend. What is the best way to do that with small fees? I have a credit card only.

Thanks!

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Member
    edited January 2015

Considering most alternative methods are no longer available, you may want to try getting your hands on some bitcoin

• You can try http://www.neteller.com/

Money Transfer is now more than just fast and secure: it’s also free. Whether you’re sending money internationally or around the corner, you can get your money where it needs to go in a matter of minutes. As long as you have an email address for the recipient, you can send money to anyone, even if they don’t have an account yet. And now you can do it all with no transaction fees*.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

There are no fees to send friends and family money via Paypal as long as it is from your Paypal balance.

Transfer the money from your account to your Paypal, then send the money to your friend. $0.00 fees (just did this to confirm).

• Bank Transfer?

• cash? Where is this friend located?

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited January 2015

KuJoe said: There are no fees to send friends and family money via Paypal as long as it is from your Paypal balance.

Transfer the money from your account to your Paypal, then send the money to your friend. $0.00 fees (just did this to confirm).

PayPal have a lot of hidden fess. Also they usually hide "fee" when you pay and in the page with payments information. Really stupid way for money exchange.

• Cash, or services such as VPS/domain.

• @KuJoe said:
    There are no fees to send friends and family money via Paypal as long as it is from your Paypal balance.

If you send to someone in a different country you get charged and there are a heap of other hidden fees in the friends and family system.

• bf1bf1 Member
    edited January 2015

Moneygram is the easiest way to send cash, and cheapest, WesternUnion is the same but more expensive. You can use a credit card online in some countries on MG or WU but they have a very severe screening process and you could end up with your transaction on hold and your money held also so I do not think it's a good idea. Neteller also claims that they allow you to do that but the problem is they also verify extensively asking for copies of id's and also the credit card deposits are limited to 50 euro I think. There are more services that claim they accept credit cards but the verification process is not worth the effort (e.g. send a picture with your id in one hand and the credit card in the other). If cash is not an option you could try to send some bitcoins and they could cash it out using localbitcoins, or you can transfer money into their bank account wich I think is the cheapest and easiest method.

• Payoneer? email you the application if you want......

• Bitcoin, litecoin, WU, WebMoney, Payza, Skrill.

• @JoeBiss said: I don't have PayPal and I want to send money to my friend. What is the best way to do that with small fees? I have a credit card only.

Depending where you are and where (what country) your friend is at, Skrill may be a good (read: cheap) option.

• If you both are inside the European Union, you should be able to transfer money to a friend's bank account without fees.

• 4n0nx said: If you both are inside the European Union, you should be able to transfer money to a friend's bank account without fees.

Not really. There are always bank fees, even in the same country. Banks are not charities.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @rds100 said:
    Not really. There are always bank fees, even in the same country. Banks are not charities.

well it sure is free in my country (nl)

• rds100 said: Not really. There are always bank fees, even in the same country. Banks are not charities.

Free in the UK too.

• In what country you are located. You can try using Skrill.

• FPS (Faster Payments Service, 24/7/365 transfers clear usually instantly) or BACS (3 days clearing) methods are free, CHAPS (large transfers like paying for a house or expensive car) cost around £30.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Tripleflix said: well it sure is free in my country (nl)

Well, it isn't free in my country (BG). All banks here have fees for bank transfers.

• bf1bf1 Member
    edited January 2015

The cheapest transfers in the EU are done via SEPA, which should be free but in some countries they charge some money for it.

SEPA guarantees that euro payments are received within a guaranteed time, and banks are not allowed to make any deductions of the amount transferred, introduced by a regulation in year 2001. Banks and payment institutions still have the option of charging a credit-transfer fee of their choice for euro transfers if it is charged uniformly to all EEA participants, banks or payment institutions, domestic or foreign.

@rds100 said:

• Not really. There are always bank fees, even in the same country. Banks are not charities.

Austria for example does not charge for SEPA transfers in Euro - Even for destinations in EFTA (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland) as long as the account is in EUR.

Same applies (at least) to NL and most German banks.

As the banks in foreign countries CANNOT charge you more than a local bank in YOUR country charges you we Austrians can also get cash in all Euro EU countries without any fees.

• Thanks everyone.

I'm from Asia and my friend is in Europe. I want to send him a monthly payment (it varies on work).

Someone recommended - www.neteller.com - it looks good but no https though, which is weird.

• @JoeBiss said:
    I want to send money to my friend.

What your counry?
    I use Azimo.

• JoeBiss said: Someone recommended - www.neteller.com - it looks good but no https though, which is weird.

The member login is https secured.

• I recommend you to try TransferWise

http://transferwise.com

0xdragon said: If you send to someone in a different country you get charged and there are a heap of other hidden fees in the friends and family system.

Oh, I've never sent to friends or family outside of the US so I didn't know about that. I do know that there are 0 fees for sending to friends and family in the same country though.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Just familiar with Western Union and Skrill aside from Paypal :)

• I use Paypal because it is safe, fast and convenient. It does not seems to be costly to me. This is an example: I just sent $25 to a friend in USA.
    Paypal asked a commission of 25 cents and charged $25.25, then applied the USD-EUR paypal conversion rate, and charged a grand total of 22.02 EUR from my paypal balance. Google's USD-EUR conversion rate for $25 at the time of the transaction was 21.11 EUR. This means: to send $25 to a friend in USA, including the currency change commission, I paid 22.01 - 21.11 = 0,91 EUR. That's not bad, cheaper than Western Union for sure.

• Bitcoins FTW!

I send money to my friends and family a few times a month and I've never been charged any fees for it. Always shows $0.00 and the recipients have confirmed they weren't changed any fees either.

I just sent myself $150 to test it and it shows $0.00 for fees for both accounts.