Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A large storage seedbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A large storage seedbox

I am looking for a cheap large seedbox that offers storage for my torrents. All torrents will be from private trackers. The aim of this box is to transfer the files from my current smaller box and once that gets full I transfer the older torrents to this seedbox to continue seeding while my main box remains clean and so on. Would Kimsufi be the best option for this?

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Kimsufi is the usual "go to" for things like this.

• Yeah I can only really think of Kimsufi in regards to storage at a reasonable price.

• Everyone here will suggest you Kimsufi.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Or Online.net

• If it's seedbox, I recommend Online.net, because they have much better network than Kimsufi

• Kimsufi because most seedboxes use kimsufis. so you have a very good peer connections.

• I find that my Kidéchire's simply run out of disk IO really quickly, although I am running Windows & uTorrent.

I think the little VIA CPU runs out of puff too easily with the number of connections that the network can make and disk performance suffers. That said I can usually maintain 50MB/sec copying between the two of them.

The network is really good at Online, much better than a Kimsufi I had previously. Just wish the CPU had a tiny bit more grunt.

• SoYouStart :D

• davidgestiondbi said: Online.net

Though that exorbitant set up fee.

• hawkjohn7 said: SoYouStart

Aren't they the costlier resellers of OVH and often transfer support ticket to France where those tickets languish in a limbo.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

We can provide a simple pay per use storage service. from £5.00 for 250GB https://secure.bigvps.io/cart.php?gid=6

• pbgben said: £5.00 for 250GB

That's like a lot costlier (value for money) than even Kimsufi's KS-1 which is not to mention a lot meaty. Just comparing.

• @Devil said:
    That's like a lot costlier (value for money) than even Kimsufi's KS-1 which is not to mention a lot meaty. Just comparing.

Personally he provides much better support than SYS and KS its worth it

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Devil said:

So, what happens when you run out of space on your KS or SYS? can you add an infinite amount more when you need it?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our KVM 10Gbps VPS too: https://greencloudvps.com/kvm-10gbps-storage-vps.php
    You can use the coupon LETSTORAGE to get $3 off recurring on the first plan.

• DevilDevil Member
    edited January 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: provides much better support

"I am looking for a cheap large seedbox that offers storage for my torrents." --> OP said it. I was commenting from that point of view.

pbgben said: So, what happens when you run out of space on your KS or SYS?

Delete some torrents or move some to my hard disk or online archive. I've a 1TB KS-2 and I run out of space few times a month and that's no big deal. It's torrenting, not my backup server.

can you add an infinite amount more when you need it?

No. I never have to and OP never mentioned he intends to.

Here: "looking for a cheap large".

Look, you must be giving awesome support and you also add "infinite storage", as you mention it, I am not doubting that all. I am just saying that from the OP's posts (and as he has mentioned KS) I don't think your service would even fall under "affordable" category but that doesn't mean it's not good or not good enough.

As a matter of fact he already seems to have a "smaller" main seedbox and he is willing to do the juggling. It's all in his short post.

And to be honest, if someone is going torrenting and can spend this kind of money (your rate) he or she has very few options then - and all are awesome - they are Whatbox, Feral etc.

• I use Online.net and very pleased with the SC GEN2 server and their network is fast. Support is great and when I had what I thought was a hardware problem, their support techs spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting before it was narrowed to a software problem which was fixed with an OS re-install.

I would never recommend Kimsufi due to their terrible support. And good luck if you sign up and need to have your account validated first. You could be waiting weeks as per the complaints on their support page which is actually a forum.

Thanked by 24n0nx adamluk
  • Weblogics said: I would never recommend Kimsufi due to their terrible support.

^^^^^^^^^^

• If you want good port speed then always go for leaseweb.com server

• @Weblogics said:

I would never recommend Kimsufi due to their terrible support.

I have to +1 this as well. I received a reply on Thursday (29th) to a ticket I sent them on the 7th of January asking about my server not responding to pings and packet loss.

If only online.net offered something as cheap and powerful as the KS-1, I would buy it like a shot!