Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

node management companies - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

node management companies

2»

Comments

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@raindog308 said: Because it is.

Depends on how you do it, personally I think outsourcing is smart business if it frees you up from tedious things and is cost effective. But if you put a guy who can barely speak english on sales tickets where the majority of your customers are American...that's not very wise. I also get annoyed at some customers like hetzner, I get they're German but surely they have a great deal of American and or English speaker customers in general, they need to invest in a better support team. When I tried their live support the guy literally told me he didn't understand what I was saying, as is in English, granted was a support ticket but still, the language barrier was frustrating.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

if the outsourcing company has stocks/ownership of your service, i guess it's ok.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@raindog308 said: Because it is.

With a hundred different aspects of running a technical business, you can either know a little about it all, or hire someone who knows a lot about a little part of it.
    Very few small businesses can know everything about it all, manage it all and still have time to sleep.

If you can find the right person/company (which is quite difficult actually), there are significant gains to be made by outsourcing.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Rack911, steven is an old friend (hosted his first site, atleast i think it was his first).
    havent spoken to him in awhile though.

He has helped me a few times when i had problems with some vps and the support couldnt find the problem.

• jhjh Member

I do server management for a few VPS companies. Hit me up if there's something you need fixed :)

• RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

edited

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Randy,

One of the companies I manage the support team for used We3cares and although they try hard at the start they go down hill very fast (in my experience). They also find it very hard to listen to instructions so they function as your business requires.

I'd not recommend them to people in the community until you've used them for a few months etc.

• I've been looking for node level support, but my issue is finding a company that will do it on a case by case basis. I rarely get support tickets from my VPS customers unless something on the node is not working right. Even my cPanel shared hosting customers fall into the rare category, but webbycart handles that just fine. I usually beat them to the ticket, I only have them around for the rare times I'm busy on something else or I'm asleep :) we all have to sleep sometime.

• RandyRandy Member

thanks for the heads up httpzoom. i will keep that in mind. james has been active responded to me quick. i still want to give them a shot. many peps at wht suggested them and they got a pretty good rep.

hoever. i wil not forget what you said about them. i will stay alert
    i might even update this thread as i go along ;-)

• RandyRandy Member

if you can give me examples of what went wrong it will be great

Well I cant go into exact details, however when I took over running the brand they didn't offer the same quality I demanded. We started putting in place little changes to stop the use of poor English and get customers better more detailed responses.

This is were things started going wrong and they were unable to advise all of their staff members to work in a correct manor. We actually found if we shouted enough they'd do it for a week and then fall into their old ways.

In the end we kept using them as well as our internal staff and unless a ticket was left alone for 45+ minutes they wouldn't respond to anything and the tickets they did were poorly done.

As you are using them for your backend node support you probably will not experience this issue, however I'd be worried about them making your servers work to fit their needs rather than your needs.

• RandyRandy Member

hmm. thanks. james english were pretty good i dont know about their staff tho

how poor is their english ? can you dig up some old tickets;-)

I couldn't do that but they use phrases like "please be awaited" which customers laugh at!

• KeiroDKeiroD Member

Ouch, dude.

I used to use PlatinumServerManagement for managing our cPanel servers. I'm thinking I need to do that again at some point... if only to cover me for when I'm asleep. :/

• RandyRandy Member

PSM dose not provide support to your customers

• We3Cares is a good value for what you get, you pay for what you get :)

You can't really pay for cheap Indian support and expect USA or UK experienced support fluent in English.

Depends what your paying them and what they advertise in my opinion.

• RandyRandy Member

we3cares says good english on its site or somthing like that

• Stay away from Indian based support if you can.

Seriously - you'll go through so many companies trying to find the 'right' one.

I've dealt with a dozen or so over the years and only 1 could speak and type decent English, in the end they moved on to bigger and better things. As above, communication is such a crucial factor and most of the time they cannot comprehend your instructions.

Yes I realize there are the exceptions and I've dealt with We3Cares. They seem to be the 'better' of the bunch, but I don't think I'll be dealing with them again any time soon either.

Their first response is always 'we are looking in to the issue' for all tickets. Then it doesn't get resolved for 24+ hours.

• RandyRandy Member

thank you for sharing your reviews

i wont need any management for now but do suggest