Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.6.1 Launched - Windows Password Changing now supported
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.6.1 Launched - Windows Password Changing now supported

Hi,

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.6.1 which is our last version for this awesome year 2014.
This version has some cool new features and many bug fixes.

1) [Feature] Now users can Import / Convert Xen and KVM VPS from SolusVM by installing Virtualizor on top of existing setups. This is in Beta. No VPS will need to be shutdown and importing is done by the click of a button. The guide to import / convert can be found here :
http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/SolusVM_Import_Guide

2) [Feature] Standard Web Ports - 80 and 443 support has been added to Virtualizor. Please refer to the following guide to enable it :
http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Standard_Web_Ports

3) [Feature] Windows Password Reset is now supported by Virtualizor in Xen and KVM. The main Windows admin user should have the username "Administrator" for this to work.

4) [Feature] Bandwidth Resetting has been added. The whole Edit VPS interface will be revamped soon to give more options.

5) [Feature] Now Cloud / Reseller Users can set their Logo from their panels in the "Preferences" utility in Virtualizor. Their sub-users will see the logo set by them.

6) [Feature] Admin can Lock a particular Node to prevent the creation of VPS on that Node.

7) [Feature] OpenVZ VSwap can now be set to ZERO.

8) [Feature] The Master Name can be changed to the preferred name. You will need to edit the value in universal.php

9) [Feature] For OpenVZ Ploop based VMs, the admin can now specify the default number of Inodes / GB. You will need to edit the value in universal.php

10) [Feature] The Admin can now search IPs by their MAC addresses.

11) [Task] Virtualizor will now update system tools on a daily basis.

12) [Task] The user will be shown the Suspension Reason if his / her VM is suspended due to bandwidth.

13) [Task] On Xen Nodes more CPU Priority will be given to Dom-0 so that it can perform administration tasks better when the server is operating in high load.

14) [Task] The Admin can now set the total RAM Overcommit to less than actual RAM.

15) [Task] The German Language has been updated.

16) [Task] For Xen / KVM Nodes, a different bridge name is now possible for installing Virtualizor on Nodes with competing control panels like SolusVM.

17) [Bug Fix] On rebooting the Node, the Virtualizor service would startup before the networking service causing it to fail to listen on required ports. This is fixed now.

18) [Bug Fix] While editing a VPS, the available space was not checked. This is fixed now.

19) [Bug Fix] If a user reinstalled a Windows OS, the DHCP would not be rebuilt. This is fixed now.

20) [Bug Fix] UTF-8 Email support added for SMTP Emails.

21) [Bug Fix] On Ubuntu and CentOS 7 Nodes DHCP configuration was not working. This is fixed now.

22) [Bug Fix] While backing up VMs, sometimes if there was an error, it was not shown. This is fixed now.

23) [Bug Fix] In Xen HVM, sometimes the MAC address would change if the VPS was edited. This is fixed now.

Full article :
http://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=6350

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Any plans to support Hyper-V?

• Great guys!

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

5) [Feature] Now Cloud / Reseller Users can set their Logo from their panels in the "Preferences" utility in Virtualizor. Their sub-users will see the logo set by them.

+1 for this, great job.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

It's tempting to say good bye to Solus... but I prefer Solus Admin Panel than Virtualizor one... So difficult to choose...

• @leapswitch we have 2-3 virtualization support lined up : LXC, VMware and Hyper-V
    However there are some other great features which are also lined up.

The developers will address each feature as they feel is the best way and time to make that. We try to prioritize customer requests. But we dont have any ETA on this as of now.

But expect some cool new features in Beta which you will see soon including Thin LVM and XenServer Failover support :)

We will be posting it very soon.

• @virtualizor Any chance for a SSH-based console like what SolusVM has?

• @PetaByte we already have a Java Based SSH console for Xen, KVM, Xenserver and OpenVZ

Or are you referring to something else ?

• @virtualizor SolusVM gives you the SSH console credentials so you can ssh directly from a terminal without using a Java console like so ssh [email protected] -p port.

You spelt my username wrong btw.

• But cant you SSH directly as root into your VM ? I guess I am not understanding your feature request ?

You spelt my username wrong btw.

Sorry for that.

• @virtualizor said:
    But cant you SSH directly as root into your VM ? I guess I am not understanding your feature request ?

When you get locked out of SSH and you can't login as root into your VM. Instead of using the Java console, you get ssh [email protected] -p port so that you can use it to login via a SSH client.

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • @Prestige said:
    When you get locked out of SSH and you can't login as root into your VM. Instead of using the Java console, you get ssh [email protected] -p port so that you can use it to login via a SSH client.

@virtualizor That's what I meant.

• Ok, I will forward it to the Developers.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    It's tempting to say good bye to Solus... but I prefer Solus Admin Panel than Virtualizor one... So difficult to choose...

I just checked with the Devs, a new theme for the admin panel is under way.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi