Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the friendliest VPS provider that you have experienced? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the friendliest VPS provider that you have experienced?

Comments

• JustAMacUserJustAMacUser Member
    edited December 2014

I don't think I care a whole lot about friendly, I just want competence. That being said, RamNode @Nick_A and My Custom Hosting @MCHPhil have been pretty courteous and competent.

Thanked by 2Nick_A MCHPhil
  • As @JustAMacUser said, competence is key, but politeness still shouldn't be optional.

I feel a strong urge to name and shame some providers that were neither competent nor courteous, but since this topic's title asks for the friendliest providers, I'll just highlight two of those:

• Stuart ( @OnePound ) has put great effort into making sure all my services with him were running flawlessly (even when I was only using his 12 GBP per year plan). He's earned the title "best provider I ever had".
    • @Oliver (from RansomIT, who's providing the Australian LowEndSpirit boxes) took the time to write several very friendly and helpful replies when I forgot about the no-ticket clause that comes with all LowEndSpirit boxes.

They both stand out by knowing what they're doing and by going beyond the bare minimum they "have" to do (i.e. merely bringing stuff back online when it crashes) — two things take make me want to keep using and recommend their services.

Thanked by 2onepound Oliver
  • Most LET/LEB providers are friendly.

The unfriendliness comes from ourselves when we interact in a forum like this and have different opinions that lead to an unfinished arguments :)

I sometimes disagree with @Jar @Francisco, @Maounique, @AnthonySmith, @Nick_A, @mpkossen, and many others about many things, but still they are good friends and they are really friendly and reliable.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all

May the force be with you.

• @Oliver @ RansomIT

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • @funyuns_are_awesome said:
    Personally I've found securedspeed to be really friendly (specifically Matt), he made me feel welcome

Thanks :) We love when we get that feedback. We treat people how we would want to be treated and it's nice that it's really noticed out there. Hope you are having a great holidays.

• imperioimperio Member
    edited December 2014

@Oliver from RansomIT - One of the nice guy in this industry.
    @kro from Kgovps - My second favourite.

• Ramnode:)

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited December 2014

@click4easy said:
    Ramnode:)

So friendly you don't know one name from someone in the company ;)

• Mine is DigitalOcean & Ramnode

• OP asked "What is the friendliest VPS provider that you have experienced?"

well the friendiest provider was johnthegun . he was real friendly .. i mean he knew my name , my family name , my kids birthday and evey remembered when i had my anniversary .. he wasnt a good vps provider but boy he was friendly .. i mean i loved hanging out with him .. we bbqed some burgers and he helped me with the grill and boy was he good with the grilling

yeah johnthegun was the friendliest provider i know

thats what you asked for right OP ?

or did you mean which was the one provider who was not a complete asshole when interacting with customers and was a really competent provider of a service on LET ?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • I think most people are friendly in response to a friendly approach.

My absolute favourites among VPS providers, in terms of politeness and friendliness, are:

• Inception
    • OnePound
    • MCH
    Thanked by 2MCHPhil onepound
  • vRozenSch00n said: I sometimes disagree with @Jar @Francisco, @Maounique, @AnthonySmith, @Nick_A, @mpkossen, and many others about many things, but still they are good friends and they are really friendly and reliable.

And this ^ is the most important thing, I think. We're all human beings and we all have a reason for our believes and opinions (or I hope so at least). It doesn't make us bad people (most of the time anyway). It just means we can disagree from time to time, which is fine. Heck, I even disagree with my wife every now and then, but I love her more than anything in the world.

I think the friendliest VPS provider is an honest one, one that's in the business because they love it, someone with a passion for it. You can only be friendly in this business if you care about what you do.

I can only agree with the people you mentioned, @vRozenSch00n, except you forgot the one I admire most: @prometeus. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet him in real life due to unforeseen circumstances and bad planning on my end (and I honestly regret it to this day). But if you ask me, he is the friendliest, most honest and passionate person around here who really understands what hosting is about. So if anyone, ever, has any doubt about Prometeus (or iwStack, Iperweb, XenPower, or OVerZold): don't! They are simply the single best and friendliest provider out there. Period.

• @switsys said:
    I think most people are friendly in response to a friendly approach.

>

This is pretty true as well. It always helps to be friendly and polite yourself and the support person will usually be friendly back.

If you've used lots of hosts, and found none of them are ever friendly towards you, the problem might be with yourself :)

• The HVH staff.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited December 2014

GVH_Eric said: The HVH staff.

• Vpsdime, Crissic, i83, Prometeus, Mxroute. List could go on and on, many friendly LET providers.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • My vote goes to colorhost.de - their support is great: Very friendly, responsive and professional at the same time.

• @GVH_Eric said:
    The HVH staff.

Have to agree with this one in all honesty...

Thanked by 1Lee
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

@qm78 said:
    My vote goes to colorhost.de - their support is great: Very friendly, responsive and professional at the same time.

Joined 6 months ago, 18 comments and almost all about colorhost? Screaming hidden advertisement.

//EDIT

Their live chat doesn't even open in Firefox and Chrome.

• RamNode & Crissic

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited December 2014

InceptionHosting

Ramnode

Vultr

VPSDime

Crissic

XVMLabs

• For me its Contabo

If am i angry or whatever they are so kind... hmm not bad!

• LeeLee Veteran

@PremiumN said:
    Have to agree with this one in all honesty...

To be fair I tried them out once and they were pretty good.

• @Jar said:
    Mao is a nice woman but she never lets anything go :P

I'm not sure I'm a horse in this race though. Oktay wins as the nicest provider in my book.

Wait she is a women?

@GVH_Eric said:
    The HVH staff.

I'm glad he didn't say "Jon".

Thanked by 2jar Floris
  • Ramnode for sure.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • BuyVM

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Mun said: Wait she is a women?

That is some wild guess he had based on the fact that "I never give up".
    On that note we have a lot of women here.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @arpanjot said:
    Prometeus all the way :p ramnode support is great too. Nick and his team answered all my tickets politely,even the ones with stupid questions :p

Before I try a host I tend to do exactly that, ask some questions including "stupid" ones that I could probably easily find myself. But I want to see how they respond.

• Prometeus
    Digitalocean
    Hostigation
    Ramnode
    Ftpit

Thanked by 2Maounique Nick_A
  • catalyst and prometeus. first reply is usually problem solved.

Thanked by 1Maounique